Page 71 of 74 FirstFirst ... 21 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1110

Thread: Championship Ladies SP

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by MK's Winter View Post
    Carolina Kostner has almost the same program and she got 65.X. Carolina Kostner's SS, Execution, Transitions look better than Mirai.

Carolina Kostner is not in Spokane, she is in Italy.
    We can worry about her later
    I say we live in the now
    I say Mirai rocked the house
    I was trying to make a point that Mirai's score was appropriate for the evening. What do people expect her to score? 75 because Rachael was 69?
    In a real competition, her score and Rachael's score would not differ by much. Girlfriend flutzed, did 3-2, and scored 40+ on TES?
    Both will have shady PCS compare to someone like Carolina Kostner.
    So whatever lead you think Mirai should have over Rachael is

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MK's Winter View Post
    Carolina Kostner is not in Spokane, she is in Italy.
    No, she's actually in Estonia right now where the European Championships are being held this year. Plus, she's currently leading the ladies after the SP.

Keeper of the Kweens OGM. MK's Winter's Avatar
    No, she's actually in Estonia right now where the European Championships are being held this year. Plus, she's currently leading the ladies after the SP

Lol, It was the first place that popped into my head Good for her though!

Keeper of the Kweens OGM. MK's Winter's Avatar
    I was trying to make a point that Mirai's score was appropriate for the evening. What do people expect her to score? 75 because Rachael was 69?
    In a real competition, her score and Rachael's score would not differ by much. Girlfriend flutzed, did 3-2, and scored 40+ on TES?
    Both will have shady PCS compare to someone like Carolina Kostner.
    So whatever lead you think Mirai should have over Rachael is :yes

Actually No. Like I said Rachel has alot of talent, but her landings were shaky without a doubt. And when you look at the whole program, Mirai should clearly have the lead. Her footwork was wonderful, better transitions into jumps. Her landings were not at all shaky, BEAUTIFUL layback spin. I think your a little biased on this one. And since when is Nationals not a real competition?

Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    Gee, I just clicked on my IN, and didn't know who any of the skaters were, lol, but I finally found the schedule & now see who the various skaters are. I couldn't figure out who the really pretty one was until I saw the schedule & said "aha, that must be Alissa Czisny".

GOOOOOO ALL THE LADIES!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertRoad View Post
    I call BS on Flatt getting a higher PCS than Nagasu for their respective performances in the SP. Sure, both ladies were energetic and charming, but Nagasu had much greater speed and confident command of the ice, not to mention she had much better posture than Flatt and her sloppy positions. Instead, Flatt walks away with the second highest PCS of the evening. I know Nagasu is in first, but it's the principle of the thing. Bad scoring is bad scoring and should be called out.
    "sloppy positions"
    It IS the principle...

Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    Ouch- zinger from Jenny Kirk- she just tweeted: "Not loving this dress. Looks like she should be at a gay pride parade."
    Jenny is a Sasha fan...

I'm getting nervous for Sasha! I want her to do well, and she must be so nervous. ah! OMG that was SO good!! Go Sasha!! That was AWESOME!!

and Mirai....

omg Mirai! I am nervous!! her jumps look clean! compared to Flatt, she is SO fast. WOW!!! totally deserved. she was so crisp!

also...
    *Okay, so what we know: Alissa and Caroline probably won't make the team.
    *omg that leg kick. that is so dangerous!! *(who is this about?)*
    * Not loving this dress. Looks like she should be at a gay pride parade. (*Ellie Kawamura*)

Mirai getting a little ambitious here: FSO retweeted this remark:

"Mirai Nagasu,16, is in first place. Said she's the future of US figure skating & that the state of US women's skating is "an embarrassment."
    it IS an embarassment!

I think she said "there's always next year"
    Last edited by Tonichelle; 01-22-2010 at 11:52 PM. Reason: USE TEH MULTIQUOTE FEATURE. YOU JUST USED UP A FULL PAGE WITH YOUR ONE LINE REPLIES.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by iceminx View Post
    it IS an embarassment!
    Actually, now that I've listened to the actual interviews, it appears she was misquoted/misinterpreted a bit. She said she WANTS to be the future of US skating, not that she IS the future.

Mashimaro on Ice
    I think Mirai has the potential to become the future star of US skating. Rachel has consistent jumps but she just lacks that 'it' factor to become a star.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by soogar View Post
    <snip>
    As for icons- I think Sasha is every bit as iconic as Michelle Kwan.
    <snip>
    Not a chance. Kwan is the Statue of Liberty of skating icons, the Mount Rushmore, the Old Faithful-at-Yellowstone of icons. In comparison, Cohen is merely a tiny wannabe icon with some uber flexibility. In 50 years' time, sports historians and future skating fans will still be remembering Kwan--I doubt the same for Cohen.

As to the SP, Sasha should have been dinged on that combo for flutzing, underrotation, and 2-footing. I finally was able to get watch the video in slo-mo and it was obvious the first time I looked at it. Why the tech panel didn't call this is Magic Sasha fairy dust sprinkled over them before the start?

As per the other disciplines we've seen this past week, I think the #1 and #2 finishers will go to the Olympics. (Mathman is always right on this kind of stuff. ) What's unclear is for the FS, how many gifts will Sasha get to put her in one of those two top positions, if she makes the sort of bobbles that are judgment calls rather than obvious wipeouts. I don't think she'll get any big favors if she does a splatfest.
    Last edited by bigsisjiejie; 01-23-2010 at 06:04 AM.

Actually, now that I've listened to the actual interviews, it appears she was misquoted/misinterpreted a bit. She said she WANTS to be the future of US skating, not that she IS the future.
    Actually she also pointed out that her name "Mirai" means "the future" and that she hopes to live up to her name.

Go Mirai

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsisjiejie View Post
    Not a chance. Kwan is the Statue of Liberty of skating icons, the Mount Rushmore, the Old Faithful-at-Yellowstone of icons. In comparison, Cohen is merely a tiny wannabe icon with some uber flexibility. In 50 years' time, sports historians and future skating fans will still be remembering Kwan--I doubt the same for Cohen.

As to the SP, Sasha should have been dinged on that combo for flutzing, underrotation, and 2-footing. I finally was able to get watch the video in slo-mo and it was obvious the first time I looked at it. Why the tech panel didn't call this is Magic Sasha fairy dust sprinkled over them before the start?

As per the other disciplines we've seen this past week, I think the #1 and #2 finishers will go to the Olympics. (Mathman is always right on this kind of stuff. ) What's unclear is for the FS, how many gifts will Sasha get to put her in one of those two top positions, if she makes the sort of bobbles that are judgment calls rather than obvious wipeouts. I don't think she'll get any big favors if she does a splatfest.
    We will know soon! I really don't think Sasha needs to go to the Olympics a 3rd time but w/e

Also, how hard do people think it will be for Ashley to make the Oly team? 8 points isn't a ton but is substantial. I mean, Ryan was 13 points below Johnny after the SP and still finished 5 points behind him overall even after he did two quads and Johnny popped his 3a into a 1a and had a few other bobbles. The men also have 8 jumping passes while the ladies only have 7. Ashley doesn't have a 3-3 so I don't know where she will make those points up unless two of Rachael, Mirai, and Sasha make big mistakes.

Custom Title
    I love Rachael Flatt's step sequence in the short. I've been watching it on repeat ever since she performed it.

Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    I love Rachael Flatt's step sequence in the short. I've been watching it on repeat ever since she performed it.
    when she adds the sass to it it is goog. i'd like to see the sass more throughout the entire program.

Rachel didn't get into the character of the SP, for me, until the footwork and even that seemed overly choreographed....

and she has GOT to start closing her mouth once in a while. an open mouth does NOT equal emotion when it's open the entire length of a program!

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    Rachel didn't get into the character of the SP, for me, until the footwork and even that seemed overly choreographed....

and she has GOT to start closing her mouth once in a while. an open mouth does NOT equal emotion when it's open the entire length of a program!
    Oh, no, why did you have to say that? I never noticed that before. Now I will and it will bug me. Rachael's SP isn't my favorite but I think Lori Nichols picked the right music and choreography for Rachael's energy and she performed the hell out of it Thursday. I also thought her spirals had improved.

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Courageous effort from Em
    What does that mean???

Page 71 of 74 FirstFirst ... 21 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 LastLast