Championship Ladies SP | Page 32 | Golden Skate

Championship Ladies SP

camion

On the Ice
OMG Sasha's up. I'm so nervous. She looked pretty nervous too. Here we go... Saucy opening pose :p

3 Lutz 2 Toe combo (HELD ON! a little wonky landing though. Flip might have been 2 footed.)
3 Flip (YESSSSS!)
Gorgeous death drop spin
2 Axel (YESSS! Held on to landing!)
GORGEOUSSS spiral sequence with HUGE split jump (I love the look of determination on her face during spirals - like she's saying "HA!")
BEAUTIFUL layback into bielmann
Straight step sequence - nice energy and flair
Final combo spin (YESS, beautiful!)

Sorry for my CAPS. I'm just SOO excited for her!!! Let's see about her flutz and how that affects her score!

Thank you! Thank you! So proud of her!! Yay Sasha!!!

I'm high-fiving you right now, Nadine!

Lissy

Medalist
I am really happy for Sasha but I was expecting her to be great in the short. What will really be a true test for her will be the long program as it has been her whole career.

Layfan

Record Breaker
I have to say, congrats to Sasha. That was fun, even if the jumps weren't perfect. She really added some spice to this event.

69.63. She's in the game. Man this is gonna be close. I find myself wishing she had come back one season earlier. We might have three spots for Vancouver and then a little less heartbreak for one of the other skaters.

Can't wait to see who goes.

She's not the skater of 2006 ... but for her first competitive performance in four years? Wowee.

soogar

Record Breaker
Man, I don't know who was more nervous, Sasha or me!! She looked so nervous during the warm up and the time before her skate- I'm so happy she was able to gut this program out. I hope things go well for her in the long program.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I'm glad the scores are fair so far. Mirai deserved the lead, her jump landings were more solid and Sasha's flutz was pretty bad. But good for Sasha, she did what she came here for!

It's gonna be intense in the FS!

R.D.

Record Breaker
Her PCS seem too low. NO way Flatt or Nagasu is close to her elegance.

It's not. It's about right I'd say. The three of them really knocked it out, although I liked Rachel's performance the best...she really SOLD that program :love:

janetfan

Match Penalty
Her PCS seem too low. NO way Flatt or Nagasu is close to her elegance.

I thought her marks were fair. Mirai was the best tonight and Sasha second imo. But well done Sasha.....what a pleasure to see her skate again :yes: