Championship Ladies SP | Page 35 | Golden Skate

Championship Ladies SP

Nadine

Record Breaker
If Bebe didn't fall I would have had her in first by a hair, as jumps like hers are rare to come by & most definitely appreciated by the international judges. Oops, maybe not she 2footed her opening jump.

This competition is turning out to be mediocre for me. I want ALL the skaters to skate their best & may the best woman win, which hasn't happened here at all. But maybe in the FS.

Will be back for Ashley, definitely, and of course Em. :)

ForgetMyUserName

Rinkside
Where did this ridiculous notion come from that Sasha should be ahead of anyone when she two footed a jump and flutzed?

I know people hate Rachael but I think she deserved 1st or 2nd tonight and I feel bad defending her because I am usually not doing that at all.lol

herro

On the Ice
Yeah it will just come down to the free. I think at this point Rachael is probably in. Mirai and Sasha have the potential to struggle in the FS but could also be stunning. We'll know more once Ashley's scores are in. Things don't look good for Alissa and Caroline.

I think Rachael may be a shoe-in, just based on her confidence and consistency.

I have to say though, that if Mirai and Sasha both struggle, I can see Sasha getting a higher score, just because she has other elements to hold her up.

But Wagner's still coming up so we can't count her out!!

R.D.

Record Breaker
Yea - different taste. Actually I think I like Rachaels LP better than her SP.

I think Mirai was it tonight. Sasha certainly impressive too after such a long layoff

Mirai BROUGHT IT tonight. And Cohen definitely wasn't bad at all for being out so long. But I figured she'd hold it together in the SP. The FS is really where things could fall apart for her though.

Layfan

Record Breaker
She is barely a point behind the leader...

Well, Rachael does have the most competitive LP. If the top ladies are clean, it will be close. Cohen really has to bring it on.

I can't imagine Rachael is too happy being third right now though. Course, she's not one to get flustered.

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
Beatrisa Liang

Black halter dress with illusion fabric on back
El Tango de Roxanne

Flying spin
3Lz/2T - nicely done
3Flip - fall :eek:hwell:
Layback into catchfoot
Spiral sequence
2 Axel
Combo spin
Step sequence

Too bad about the flip, although a bit hard to see another skating music I associate with Kim Yu-Na - but at least she used different parts of the piece.

Technical Elements - 27.68
Program Components - 25.30
Deduction - 1.00
Total - 51.98
8th place

R.D.

Record Breaker
OK, Em is in this group!!

Also, Ashley Wagner, our final Contender (and final skater too).

janetfan

Match Penalty
Where did this ridiculous notion come from that Sasha should be ahead of anyone when she two footed a jump and flutzed?

I know people hate Rachael but I think she deserved 1st or 2nd tonight and I feel bad defending her because I am usually not doing that at all.lol

I dont hate Rachael. I like her and think she is a swell girl. I am not wild about aspects of her skating is all. I admire what a poised skater she can be

ForgetMyUserName

Rinkside
Just can't admit Sasha had a decent comeback, eh? Do you you have to focus on all of the negative aspects of her performance ignoring the fact this was her FIRST competition in FOUR years?

Who's fault is it that it was her first competition in 4 years? Wasn't mine.

She wasn't perfect and I am sorry if I am sick of her being held by the judges because she can wrap her leg around her head. Sasha makes mistakes and is the only one not dinged by the judges. It was old 4 years ago. Now it is just downright insulting to the sport.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Yes, Ashley- bring it!! The pressure is on her though because if she's not within striking distance of our three musketeers, she's out :(

Nadine

Record Breaker
P.S. Tara is really annoying, from the very beginning, and in every competition that she has commented on thus far for IN. I hope they fire her. Seriously.

Her voice is the worst of every single commentator, I hate commentators in general, as I like silence (except for the skater's music) when I watch.

ICENETWORK, HIRE TONIA KWIATKOWSKI FOR EVERY COMMENTATING JOB, PLEASE!!!!

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Who's fault is it that it was her first competition in 4 years? Wasn't mine.

She wasn't perfect and I am sorry if I am sick of her being held by the judges because she can wrap her leg around her head. Sasha makes mistakes and is the only one not dinged by the judges. It was old 4 years ago. Now it is just downright insulting to the sport.

Let's see what the protocols say when they come out. I tend to agree with you that in the past, Sasha has received more benefits-of-doubt from the judges than a lot of skaters.

MKFSfan

Medalist
I appreciate Rachael more in the LP where her strengths really come through-consistency is a big deal and she does have great jumps-so rare to see 7 triples these days, especially with a difficult 3f/3t combo included. I just wish she had some more speed, I can overlook her not very flexy positions, not such big deal for me. If Ashley can nail her SP, she'll be another to watch out for in the LP...hope I didn't just jinx her!!