Championship Ladies SP | Page 36 | Golden Skate

Championship Ladies SP

janetfan

Match Penalty
Who's fault is it that it was her first competition in 4 years? Wasn't mine.

She wasn't perfect and I am sorry if I am sick of her being held by the judges because she can wrap her leg around her head. Sasha makes mistakes and is the only one not dinged by the judges. It was old 4 years ago. Now it is just downright insulting to the sport.

Is it Sasha's fault US Skating is desperate for a star?

Have her marks been posted already? I havent seen them

ForgetMyUserName

Rinkside
P.S. Tara is really annoying, from the very beginning, and in every competition that she has commented on thus far for IN. I hope they fire her. Seriously.
Agreed.

Her voice is the worst of every single commentator,

I hate commentators in general, as I like silence (except for the skater's music) when I watch.

OMG Wouldn't that be nice to have. NO Commentators:) Like a dream

ICENETWORK, HIRE TONIA KWIATKOWSKI FOR EVERY COMMENTATING JOB, PLEASE!!!![/QUOTE]

formersk8ter

On the Ice

She wasn't perfect and I am sorry if I am sick of her being held by the judges because she can wrap her leg around her head. Sasha makes mistakes and is the only one not dinged by the judges. It was old 4 years ago. Now it is just downright insulting to the sport.

Like it or not, Sasha is a special skater. She has qualities that are so far above the other skaters. If she had skated perfectly, she should probably be at least 7 or 8 points above any of the other girls. She's that good.

Sounds like the judging was absolutely fair.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Agreed. Who knows what Sasha will do, but I don't love Mirai's LP.

Mirai is an SP skater. She must rotate those jumps in the FS though, or she's easily toast. But if she can get past that? She could win this competition.

GiuliaPlum

On the Ice
I appreciate Rachael more in the LP where her strengths really come through-consistency is a big deal and she does have great jumps-so rare to see 7 triples these days, especially with a difficult 3f/3t combo included. I just wish she had some more speed, I can overlook her not very flexy positions, not such big deal for me. If Ashley can nail her SP, she'll be another to watch out for in the LP...hope I didn't just jinx her!!

No, Ash can come back STRONG in the LP!

skatemom1122

Final Flight

Riiiight. You know she did have the third highest technical score tonight, behind Mirai and Rachael. Can you honestly tell me that Rachael's Spin and spiral positions are superior to Sasha's? Mirai is leading, and rightfully so. Sasha is second, and I have no objection to that! Yes she had some (minor) issues but her spins and spirals and superior presentation made up for it. No one will mock you, just admit that she had a decent comeback. Your comments that she is the only one not dinged by the judges is outrageous and is certainly not credible. Proof? Oh wait, the protocol isn't even out yet. I think we have a case of an obsessed skating fan who makes outrageous statements to protect his/her fans.

janetfan

Match Penalty
Like it or not, Sasha is a special skater. She has qualities that are so far above the other skaters. If she had skated perfectly, she should probably be at least 7 or 8 points above any of the other girls. She's that good.

Sounds like the judging was absolutely fair.

Geez, her posture and positions are 10 points better than Rachael.

Last edited:

ForgetMyUserName

Rinkside
Is it Sasha's fault US Skating is desperate for a star?

Have her marks been posted already? I havent seen them

US Skating needs to concentrate on the future and fix the competitors they have. Not grab onto Sasha for some publicity for a year before she goes back to retirement because she got what she wanted. The Olympics.

I would be fine with her getting these scores if she was clean but she wasn't. All I care about is fair judging and I am not seeing it.

Her marks are posted NOT the total score thing.

http://www.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2010/64740/results.html

Feel sorry for Mirai when tomorrow's headline is Cohen in second.

MKFSfan

Medalist
That's OK, let Sasha have all the press: less attention means less pressure on Mirai!

No, Ash can come back STRONG in the LP!

Not if she has a repeat of last year's short...If she's close, she can definitely make a huge comeback, but if she's 10 points behind, will be very tough.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Courageous effort from Em but I don't think she will contend with the top group.

GiuliaPlum

On the Ice
Not if she has a repeat of last year's short...If she's close, she can definitely make a huge comeback, but if she's 10 points behind, will be very tough.

You gave me a good idea..I'll think of the worst possible scenario in these last minutes so I won't jinx her. :)