Championship Ladies SP | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Championship Ladies SP

Nadine

Record Breaker
I'm hoping Mirai's time off these last few mos. has allowed her to fully rotate her jumps, and for Caroline Zhang to have upped her speed!!!!!!!!:rock:

Skatetomusic

On the Ice
God that was so heartbreaking see Alissa fighting to not burst out in tears. Yet, that Joyce kept digging into her, "How do you feel? How are you going to recover from this in the free skate?" Doesn't she have any compassion. At least Scott has tons of compassion for her.

How unethical of Andrea Joyce. If someone doesn't do well why interview. She needs to regroup herself for saturday.

london_calling

On the Ice
Wow, Christina has improved so much. I'm in awe, her jumps are beautiful. Orser has the magic touch! I can't wait to see what she'll do in the next Olympic cycle.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Nice job by the young 15 yr. old Christina Gao! 3T/3T, 3F, and 2A, no problemo! :)

She reminds me of a young Michelle Kwan at her first Nationals, and also Jennifer Kirk in her "Nutcracker" program at same age; nice long limbs & classical style.

Great senior debut, I foresee a big score! :thumbsup:

Meh. Great jumps but spins aren't so hot and her posture and arms are poor. She's very juniorish. I'm sure she'll be more of a "lady" next year though.

Lissy

Medalist
I love Brian Orser. He is such an amazing coach and he really seems to adore all of his students.

essence_of_soy

On the Ice
How unethical of Andrea Joyce. If someone doesn't do well why interview. She needs to regroup herself for saturday.

Joyce is known for going for the hard line. Look how she kept pressing for information when Lexi Winston was injured and nobody knew what happened to her. :biggrin:

Layfan

Record Breaker
Rachel is going to be tough to beat. Cohen has to BRING IT. Although staying within 3-5 points within striking distance should be fine.

Agreed. Anyhow, this seems to show the judges aren't holding out for Cohen or anything like that.

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
Christina Gao is next. Brian Orser clapping. Senior debut.

Morning Passages composed by Philip Glass

3T/3T - not bad
3F - perfect
stars into flying back sit spin - very nice
2A - YES!!
combo spin
step sequence
spiral sequence
layback

Very good for her senior debut. I like her - definitely someone for the future.

Technical Elements - 32.75
Program Components - 23.55
Total -56.26

Currently 2nd behind Rachael, just ahead of Alissa