Championship Ladies SP | Page 55 | Golden Skate

Championship Ladies SP

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Isn't it true that Wagner didn't get the mark either, though? I agree it doesn't do them favors to ignore it, but at least they were consistent, right? If they docked some skaters for it and not others, THEN IMO that would be unfair.

I'm referring to the UR flutz that should have been downgraded to a double flutz by the panel. ;)

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Apparently, the technical controller of the SP disagreed with you.

Grr. At least the nationals judges aren't out to get Mirai like the ones at Skate Canada were! Cohen will probably get held up, but if Flatt and Nagasu do better, I think the scores will show that. I feel bad for Ashley though, if Sasha had been dinged for her mistakes in the SP and they don't ignore her problems tonight, Ashley would have a better shot at the team then it appears she has now. Still really excited though!!

Go Mirai! :rock:

R.D.

Record Breaker
I take it Cohen will get no favors in the LP. The judges wanted to make it close among those contenders who could do their SP clean.

janetfan

Match Penalty
Grr. At least the nationals judges aren't out to get Mirai like the ones at Skate Canada were! Cohen will probably get held up, but if Flatt and Nagasu do better, I think the scores will show that. I feel bad for Ashley though, if Sasha had been dinged for her mistakes in the SP and they don't ignore her problems tonight, Ashley would have a better shot at the team then it appears she has now. Still really excited though!!

How is it Sasha's fault that Ashley fell? :think:
Wake up to reality for once.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
But even Miss Kwan has been guilty of that on occasion ;)

don't know why you brought her up, I've NEVER thought Kwan's emotion was anything but choreographed in a program. very one dimentional at that. very dull. Rachel gave me that same vibe... spiral and footwork good... presentation was just meh. :sheesh:

silverlake22

Record Breaker
How is it Sasha's fault that Ashley fell? :think:
Wake up to reality for once.

Haha good point. I more meant that if Sasha's score had been lower like it should have been, she and Ashley would be about even instead of her being even with Rachael and Mirai. Ashley's score was pretty high too though so it doesn't really matter. Let the best lady win tonight!

janetfan

Match Penalty
Haha good point. I more meant that if Sasha's score had been lower like it should have been, she and Ashley would be about even instead of her being even with Rachael and Mirai. Ashley's score was pretty high too though so it doesn't really matter. Let the best lady win tonight!

But many think Sasha should have had higher pcs - and that Rachael, Ashley and Mirai all could have been dinged a little too.

Ashley is a very good skater and she has a chance tonight. I will be rooting for her. That doesn't mean I want other girls to mess up.

So yes, let the Ladies show us what they have tonight. :yes:

I think it will be a great night of skating :rock:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Question: If a skater flutzes what is otherwise a perfect jump, they usually get - GOE. If a skater does the same flutz but falls on that jump, GOE are all -3 and a 1 point deduction is taken. If a skater does a perfect lutz takeoff, then falls, -3 GOE and 1 point deduction for the fall. So in other words, we only care if you flutz and land the jump, not flutz and fall? I thought of this from Ashely's program..she did not lose all that many points with the fall, considering she would have gotten and big "e" anyway.

R.D.

Record Breaker
don't know why you brought her up, I've NEVER thought Kwan's emotion was anything but choreographed in a program. very one dimentional at that. very dull.

I actually agree with you, but there are a few times (mainly at Nationals) where she just came alive. Nationals was always the Kwan Love Fest after all, she had to please her customers ;)

millie

Medalist

Probably you should have tried to get on the judging panel for Nationals and every thing would turn out the way you would have wanted it.to turn out.:) From what I can gather that you want Nagasu 1st, Flatt 2nd and Ashley 3rd and Sasha should never have never entered this competition in the first place. In my opinion, Sasha is where she should be at the present time. No matter what happens in the end tonight, I hope that Sasha goes out there and gives the performance of her life. She already proved that after 4 years away from competition, that she can compete with the other girls. I wish the other skaters all the best. No matter who wins tonight and who get to go to the Olympics, doesn't mean that they are guaranteed a spot on the podium. :)

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Probably you should have tried to get on the judging panel for Nationals and every thing would turn out the way you would have wanted it.to turn out.:) From what I can gather that you want Nagasu 1st, Flatt 2nd and Ashley 3rd and Sasha should never have never entered this competition in the first place. In my opinion, Sasha is where she should be at the present time. No matter what happens in the end tonight, I hope that Sasha goes out there and gives the performance of her life. She already proved that after 4 years away from competition, that she can compete with the other girls. I wish the other skaters all the best. No matter who wins tonight and who get to go to the Olympics, doesn't mean that they are guaranteed a spot on the podium. :)

Right on! But now that's Sasha is here it's fine, she is a beautiful skater. If she makes the team fair and square it'll be fine. Really wish there were 3 spots though!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I actually agree with you, but there are a few times (mainly at Nationals) where she just came alive. Nationals was always the Kwan Love Fest after all, she had to please her customers ;)

I guess... though I wasn't any more impressed with her LIVE in 2005 than I was watching her on TV... 'twas quite disappointing... so many other skaters changed my mind at that nationals... not Kwan.

Layfan

Record Breaker
Are USA judges krooked? And all the others are fair? :laugh:

I thought Sasha's pcs were too low and that she was very kompetitive kompared with the others.

I am kompletely neutral of kourse and kould kare less who wins the title tonight.

Go Sashka, Go!! :clap: :rock:

:rofl::chorus::laugh:

Lol, tears in my eyes.

isk82

On the Ice
I hope not! What is she, 92 pounds and wants to be 90? Sasha please, we can already see every bone in your back, please don't become more emaciated. When did she say that though?

I think she felt bloated or had an upset stomach - that's what I understood from what she was saying.

I have to say, she does look noticeably smaller than she has in the past. Her legs, especially. Tiny, tiny. She looked beautiful, though, and she's much better spoken than she used to be. She sounds much more mature and appreciative.

I was very pleased to see her back. :agree:

roemerr

Rinkside
I heard her say it too. She said she was thinking about her stomach the whole time and then a comment about her having an extra two pounds as she rubbed her stomach in the kiss and cry. She was talking to her coach. Hopefully, if there is a problem, he will get her the help she needs.

Did anyone else notice that they replayed jumps in slow motion for almost everyone but Sasha. I wanted to sees hers slowly to see if Scott's comments about possible underrotation were accurate. Interesting no replays - no obvious judging controversy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Layfan

Record Breaker

And what if Ashley had also been dinged for her flutz, as some say she should have been, hmm? You don't seem as fussed about that. Anyhow, I think it was right on to put Ashley fourth and leave her with a chance to medal, perhaps be on the team. Despite the fall, the rest of her program was gorgeous. I'm sad she fell, though. I wonder where she would have been if she hadn't? Above Flatt? Above Cohen? Maybe even first???? But Ashley will have her day. Maybe tonight!