Championship Ladies SP | Page 16 | Golden Skate

Championship Ladies SP

herro

On the Ice
Alexe doubled her lutz but came back with a combination..

And I totally agree about that interviewer! I especially hated her interview with Czisny. She kept saying "oh you must be disappointed," "what a disappointing skate" right to her face. Geez.

R.D.

Record Breaker
I knew Nagasu and Flatt would be close. However, I thought Flatt's 3-3 and sheer enthusiasm would put her slightly over the top. But it was close.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Alexe Gilles
2Lutz
3flip+2toe
very relaxed demeanor in this program
2Axel
she's 5 foot 7 - wow!
carefree smile
there's a classic feel to her skating and to her moves in the field
she's charming I think
she's losing a bit of speed at the end of her program
that was ok
she grits her teeth at the end, knowing she could have done better than that.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Omg, just noticed that Bebe Liang is also skating in the next group. I totally forgot about Bebe, when she's on she's super fast, powerful, and the jumps are reminiscent of Tonya Harding. IF only she could have one great skate in her life in BOTH the SP & FS (crossing my fingers for you, Bebe, BRING IT ON!!!!!!):rock:

reynycpr

On the Ice
Mirai beat Flatt b/c Flatt 3-3 is downgrade

Not necessarily. Nagasu made up points in +GOE probably on her spins and spirals over Flatt... which made the difference, although I don't know if they might have gave Nagasu an edge call on the Lutz. I missed the slow-mo replay.

Guess we gotta wait till the SP is over to see the judges detailed scores.

herro

On the Ice
If Flatt's 3-3 was downgraded, she would've most certainly not gotten over a 65 (let alone a 69).

From the slow motion, her 3-3 wasn't downgraded. I agree that her score would have been lower.

Mirai's jumps were on tonight! I remember how she used to land on an inside edge on all of her jumps, and awkwardly swerve back to an outside edge. Now, she has really good jumping technique! I still don't see much about her artistry, but her technical skills are there. Great skate for her.

ForgetMyUserName

Rinkside
Come on Alexe.

I didn't see Rachael 3x3 as cheated but IMO she should be ahead of Marai. LOVE how everyone is skating clean tonight so far

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
Alexe Gillis
Excerpts from "Aschenbroedel" by Johann Strauss
Pale pink dress

2Lz - this was supposed to be her combo
3Flip/2T - nicely done, quick thinking on her part
2A - good
Layback into Biellmann
Spiral Sequence
Flying Sit Spin
Step sequence
Combo spin

Technical Elements - 29.97
Program Components - 23.57
Total - 53.54
Moves into 5th place behind Alissa

Trewyn

Medalist
I just got myself an IN subscription. I'm crazy, but yeah. Now, how do I watch full screen? I think this question popped up earlier; but right clicking doesn't seem to work?