Championship Ladies SP | Page 20 | Golden Skate

Championship Ladies SP

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
Caroline Zhang

Black bodice, red skirt

3Flip/turn/2T
Steps into 3Loop - fall (she landed a nice one in the warm-up)
Step sequence
Flying back sit spin - a bit slow going in, seems like she's given up at this point
2Axel - landed, but slow going in
spiral sequence
combo spin
layback

very disappointed in K&C, but manages to smile while waiting for scores. Quite a long wait....

Technical Elements - 25.74
Program Components - 25.20
Deduction - 1.00
Total - 49.94

6th place behind Alexe

Layfan

Record Breaker
She just said "there's always next year." It's true. She's only 16. ... ouch! that score!

Kissx3

Final Flight
Wow she's way down there. Poor kid. She's still young and has potential. Here's hoping she's able to pull up and make the world team with her free skate, although the Olympics looks impossible.

herro

On the Ice
How do you get away from skating and work on her techniques and speed??

I think kandidy meant, get away from competitions for a year and just train. I'm thinking that might help too. She needs a major technique overhaul.

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
I hate to say it but Caroline looked mediocre. Even some of her spins were slow. Her pearl either wasn't there or flashed by so fast that I couldn't even see it. Has she destroyed her back?

It's sad. She had so much promise. I don't think she's going to regain her former glory. Unless something big changes.
I noticed the lack of speed going into the flying back sit. And the double axel??? Oy....

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
well, I'm out peeps! I have to wake up at 6 AM to go to work, so I need some shut-eye.

Goodnight and enjoy the skating everyone! :)

cera

Rinkside
Caroline didn't do her pearl spin?! Are you serious?

Wow, she really got hit...but she hasn't seemed to have reworked her jump technique at all...

Cali4niaPeach

Spectator
Mirai getting a little ambitious here: FSO retweeted this remark:

"Mirai Nagasu,16, is in first place. Said she's the future of US figure skating & that the state of US women's skating is "an embarrassment."

I just want to put my opinion on this quote supposedly by Mirai...
I'm on twitter and I've come across MANY FAKE twitter accounts by both celebrities and sports figures. You don't know for sure that she actually said this. I'm hoping she didn't....:eek: