Championship Ladies SP | Page 21 | Golden Skate

Championship Ladies SP

Nadine

Record Breaker
Like I said after COR or one of those GP events, if Caroline Zhang sticks around & works on her issues (i.e. speed & technique), she'll definitely be a world class skater in the hunt for medals at Worlds & the next Olympics.

It's all up to, Caroline, does she want to fight, or disintegrate...

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
I think kandidy meant, get away from competitions for a year and just train. I'm thinking that might help too. She needs a major technique overhaul.

I've been saying this about Caroline all season. She needs a coaching change and possibly a move away from home. Not sure if she's willing to do what it takes to do a complete technical makeover though. If not, she's heading for the USA's version of Mira Leung.

herro

On the Ice
Caroline didn't do her pearl spin?! Are you serious?

Wow, she really got hit...but she hasn't seemed to have reworked her jump technique at all...

Well, when she started skating I thought her speed had improved. But as she started getting into her program, especially with the fall, she started slowing down. She was pretty slow today. Even more than usual... Her jump technique hasn't changed.

kandidy

Final Flight
How do you get away from skating and work on her techniques and speed??

I am not skater myself, but I am sure you can do something else to improve your stamina, strength and overall. Swimming, muscle training, etc.

herro

On the Ice
I just want to put my opinion on this quote supposedly by Mirai...
I'm on twitter and I've come across MANY FAKE twitter accounts by both celebrities and sports figures. You don't know for sure that she actually said this. I'm hoping she didn't....:eek:

I absolutely hope that's not her real account. I doubt it. I don't think she'd say something like that.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
I absolutely hope that's not her real account. I doubt it. I don't think she'd say something like that.

Agree with you--I don't think that came from Mirai herself. And if Frank saw that coming from her right now, he'd smack the crap out of her.

herro

On the Ice
Agree with you--I don't think that came from Mirai herself. And if Frank saw that coming from her right now, he'd smack the crap out of her.

LOL definitely. I don't know Frank personally, but from what I've seen so far, he's definitely your no nonsense coach.

Besides, Mirai seems to have made a huge attitude adjustment, with all her smiling and happiness. A step in the right direction for her.

Nadine

Record Breaker
:love:Omg, they just did a retrospective on Sarah Hughes, one of my all time favorite skaters ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:love:

Totally misty-eyed here, brings back sooooo many wonderful memories over the years, joy, joy, joy, joy!!!!!!!!!!!!:love::love::love::love:

R.D.

Record Breaker
Weird, I wouldn't have posted it but FSO (a supposedly reliable source) retweeted it, so...

LeCygne

Final Flight
Poor Caroline.. I hope this will end up being good for her. Hopefully she'll finally see the need for a real change after this. With all her issues this season, knee/back injury, coaching situations, 3 flip problems, I don't think she ever really believed in herself that she could make the Olympic team. Like she said, there's always next year.. But only if she acts now, right after these championships (assuming her season ends here).

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Hey, in all the hoopla over Sasha's arrival in Spokane and her practices, has anybody made a sighting of Emily Hughes? She's sort of gotten lost in the shuffle.

ks777

Record Breaker
I am not skater myself, but I am sure you can do something else to improve your stamina, strength and overall. Swimming, muscle training, etc.

If I don't skate for a week, I feel very uncomfortable and nervous on the ice. Unfortunately, you can't fix your jump techniques without being on the ice. What she needs is a new coach who is willing to teach her different jump techniques. It's probably too late to fix them though.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
If I don't skate for a week, I feel very uncomfortable and nervous on the ice. Unfortunately, you can't fix your jump techniques without being on the ice. What she needs is a new coach who is willing to teach her different jump techniques. It's probably too late to fix them though.

Yeah, there is no substitute for being on the ice training, though you can do some good cross training off-ice. However, preparing competitive programs and doing tons of run-throughs eats up a lot of time. Which is why if Caroline would take a year off from competitive and exhibition skating and FIX her problems, she might be better off in the long run.

bellarina

Spectator

Completely agree with you there. Mirai is the hardest on herself out of all these skaters, probably. I just read an interview in which she mentioned that she sets extremely high standards for herself, and she even referred to herself as "not very smart and not very pretty" (which is a ridiculous thing to say, since she's both!) I think that quote was taken out of context or was a paraphrase or something like that.

Ecstatic for Mirai, though! I just hope she keeps her nerves in check for the long program!