Championship Ladies SP | Page 22 | Golden Skate

Championship Ladies SP

herro

On the Ice
If I don't skate for a week, I feel very uncomfortable and nervous on the ice. Unfortunately, you can't fix your jump techniques without being on the ice. What she needs is a new coach who is willing to teach her different jump techniques. It's probably too late to fix them though.

Elite skaters definitely can't take long periods of time off ice without any practice. I used to skate competitively and like ks777 said, stepping on the ice after even a couple of days of absolutely no skating can feel awkward. I thought I was fine, but I cockily went right into a 3toe and almost broke my wrist :rofl:

I think she should take some time off from competitions though and rethink her career to make some big changes and decisions.

Nadine

Record Breaker
HOLY COW, Sarah looooooooooks so very different. I didn't even recognize her!

She looks like a 1940's classic movie star, wearing a black cocktail style dress, flawless skin, perfect complexion, exquiste bone structure, long healthy straight brunette hair. Seriously, she looks like a movie star ~ exquisite, exquisite, exquisite!

GOOOOOOOOOO SARAH!!!!

cera

Rinkside
Agree with you--I don't think that came from Mirai herself. And if Frank saw that coming from her right now, he'd smack the crap out of her.

Yes I think so too, judging by what he told her at...I think it was skate Canada...that if she cried rite then, he would pull her out of the competition..I believe it is more likely that someone else said that about Mirai and not she herself

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I feel bad for Caroline, but wow, she looks really tall. Anyone know how tall she is now? Must be like 5'5" or something. I was noticing it in the warmup group, she appeared to be the tallest one there apart from Alexe. That could be contributing to her problems.

At this point I think Caroline and Alissa are pretty much out of contention, but I mean anything could happen. We will have to see how Sasha and Ashley do. 15 to 20 points is a LOT to make up in the FS, esp for them. I really hope Mirai can hang on to that Olympic spot!

Loved Christina BTW! And that pretty tan girl from the first group, Samantha? I think Ellie should do pairs b/c she's a gorgeous skater but the jumps aren't so strong.

UM84

On the Ice
Compared to are past skaters, the currnet state of US figure skating (over the past 2 years) has been horrible. Just look at the fact we are only sending 2 skaters to the Olympics. There has always been that girl to step up when the top skaters retire and quiet frankly none of these young ladies has stepped up. There has always been the hope, and we sometime see brillance but then they have a set back.

herro

On the Ice
Haha, first mention of Emily from Sarah's interview.She does look great though. Hoping for a clean skate from Emily.

Nadine

Record Breaker
I'm seriously wondering if Sarah had plastic surgery, or it could just be as one matures from a teen to an adult, one's bone structure changes. Loss of baby fat, etc.

After this competition, I definitely have to go find recent photos of Sarah, and find out if she has had her teeth capped, nose done, eyes, etc.

Forgive me, Sarah, I don't mean to insult you, as you know I am a long-time fan of yours forever. But you shocked me, lol, in a good way. :)

herro

On the Ice
I'm seriously wondering if Sarah had plastic surgery, or it could just be as one matures from a teen to an adult, one's bone structure changes. Loss of baby fat, etc.

After this competition, I definitely have to go find recent photos of Sarah, and find out if she has had her teeth capped, nose done, eyes, etc.

Forgive me, Sarah, I don't mean to insult you, as you know I am a long-time fan of yours forever. But you shocked me, lol, in a good way. :)

LOL she does look great, but definitely no plastic surgery. :p

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Way to go Rachael and Mirai. They nailed their programs. Rough skates for Alissa and especially Caroline.

GO Sasha!!!

MKFSfan

Medalist
How long is this medal ceremony going to last? :cool:

THRILLED for Mirai, Rachael and Christina!!!! :eek:hwell:

Soooo sad for Alissa and Caroline. :cry: