Page 47 of 74 FirstFirst ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... LastLast

Thread: Championship Ladies SP

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    Rachael is sitting pretty. She is typically a good LP skater
    Agreed, Rachael is a pretty consistent LP skater and let's not forget, beat Yuna recently at SA in that segment. Mirai is next and Sasha could be terrific...or otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by ForgetMyUserName View Post
    Where did this ridiculous notion come from that Sasha should be ahead of anyone when she two footed a jump and flutzed?

I know people hate Rachael but I think she deserved 1st or 2nd tonight and I feel bad defending her because I am usually not doing that at all.lol
    I dont hate Rachael. I like her and think she is a swell girl. I am not wild about aspects of her skating is all. I admire what a poised skater she can be

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by skatemom1122 View Post
    Just can't admit Sasha had a decent comeback, eh? Do you you have to focus on all of the negative aspects of her performance ignoring the fact this was her FIRST competition in FOUR years?

Who's fault is it that it was her first competition in 4 years? Wasn't mine.

She wasn't perfect and I am sorry if I am sick of her being held by the judges because she can wrap her leg around her head. Sasha makes mistakes and is the only one not dinged by the judges. It was old 4 years ago. Now it is just downright insulting to the sport.

Down With It
    Yes, Ashley- bring it!! The pressure is on her though because if she's not within striking distance of our three musketeers, she's out :(

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix347 View Post
    Come on Ashley, don't be too anxious!! I know you can do it!
    This is what I keep repeting in my mind since yesterday

Custom Title
    P.S. Tara is really annoying, from the very beginning, and in every competition that she has commented on thus far for IN. I hope they fire her. Seriously.

Her voice is the worst of every single commentator, I hate commentators in general, as I like silence (except for the skater's music) when I watch.

ICENETWORK, HIRE TONIA KWIATKOWSKI FOR EVERY COMMENTATING JOB, PLEASE!!!!

Custom Title

She wasn't perfect and I am sorry if I am sick of her being held by the judges because she can wrap her leg around her head. Sasha makes mistakes and is the only one not dinged by the judges. It was old 4 years ago. Now it is just downright insulting to the sport.
    Let's see what the protocols say when they come out. I tend to agree with you that in the past, Sasha has received more benefits-of-doubt from the judges than a lot of skaters.

Custom Title
    I appreciate Rachael more in the LP where her strengths really come through-consistency is a big deal and she does have great jumps-so rare to see 7 triples these days, especially with a difficult 3f/3t combo included. I just wish she had some more speed, I can overlook her not very flexy positions, not such big deal for me. If Ashley can nail her SP, she'll be another to watch out for in the LP...hope I didn't just jinx her!!

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    Rachael is sitting pretty. She is typically a good LP skater

Agreed. Who knows what Sasha will do, but I don't love Mirai's LP.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post

ICENETWORK, HIRE TONIA KWIATKOWSKI FOR EVERY COMMENTATING JOB, PLEASE!!!!
    Or Tonya Harding

Is it Sasha's fault US Skating is desperate for a star?

Have her marks been posted already? I havent seen them

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    P.S. Tara is really annoying, from the very beginning, and in every competition that she has commented on thus far for IN. I hope they fire her. Seriously.
    Agreed.

Her voice is the worst of every single commentator,

I hate commentators in general, as I like silence (except for the skater's music) when I watch.
    OMG Wouldn't that be nice to have. NO Commentators Like a dream

ICENETWORK, HIRE TONIA KWIATKOWSKI FOR EVERY COMMENTATING JOB, PLEASE!!!![/QUOTE]

On the Ice

Like it or not, Sasha is a special skater. She has qualities that are so far above the other skaters. If she had skated perfectly, she should probably be at least 7 or 8 points above any of the other girls. She's that good.

Sounds like the judging was absolutely fair.

Proud Sarah Hughes Fan
    Sasha makes mistakes and is the only one not dinged by the judges.
    How do you know this, have you seen the protocols? Sasha racks up points on her non-jumping elements, which is why she scores so high.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by Layfan View Post
    Agreed. Who knows what Sasha will do, but I don't love Mirai's LP.
    Mirai is an SP skater. She must rotate those jumps in the FS though, or she's easily toast. But if she can get past that? She could win this competition.

Page 47 of 74 FirstFirst ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... LastLast