Page 62 of 74 FirstFirst ... 12 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... LastLast

Thread: Championship Ladies SP

Congrats to Miria, Sasha, Racheal and Ashley. You ladies rocked it and were the class of the field.

Quote Originally Posted by ForgetMyUserName View Post
    Won't be the first time they have done that tonight. These judges don't surprise me anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by HCOSurfer View Post
    I think it's Debbie Downer's bedtime now.

I love how Sasha is provoking all kinds of fighting in forums all over the internet!

I intend to thoroughly enjoy Saturday's LP. The SP was the absolute worse for me with so many of my favorites-but especially with Cohen after a near-4 year break. She got gifted imo on the combo but others received their gifts as well. For example I don't think Rachael's qualities (apart from her great jumps) overall are at the same level as Sasha, or Mirai. Ashley was helped a little too-fourth with a fall. Just the same imo the in the placements are correct.

The top 4 are going to have to skate for it Saturday-and I'm betting no more gifts this time.

A special shoutout to Ms. Cohen. Welcome back girlfriend. Not too shabby for an 'old' lady. I should look so good!
    Last edited by Sasha'sSpins; 01-22-2010 at 09:05 AM.

Custom Title
    Thanks, everyone who watched and transcribed what happened. I can't get any kind of broadcast or feed.

Wow! Sasha in second place! Go go go! I just watched her program on YouTube and loved it. Hope she does equally well in her long. I can't wait to watch Mirai; sounds as if she rocked.

But what a sad outcome for Caroline. Somehow I'm not as disappointed for Alyssa, because she's had her National championship and will leave skating (if she leaves now) with that gold, several GP golds, and a lot of fans. But Caroline has really been hammered by adversity almost before her international career got started. This is really distressing. I hope she can refurbish her skills (and recover from her injuries) next year, and of course there's still the long program for her to do well just for her own satisfaction, whether she gets a medal or not.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post

The only real highlight for me was when Rachael Flatt set the bar so high at the very beginning ~ only woman to do a 3/3 combo. ~ and she did have spark! Reminiscent of a 1940's Flapper Girl; it's just her poor spins & spirals lose points all the time & rightfully so. Still, if she skates like she did at SA, she'll easily be on the team. She's the only one out of the Top 4 with the mental toughness of Michelle Kwan & whom doesn't usually UR her jumps.

The other spot, meh, I have a bad feeling for Sasha, unfortunately. It will most likely go to Mirai Nagasu (Ashley's way too far behind).

That's how I call it. Goodnight everyone!

ps: I do have a temper & it showed earlier this evening, but as I've said numerous times before in real life I have the option to ignore, not here. Thus, my temper got the better of me, no PC excuse. And I still stand by ALL my comments.
    Not true! Don't forget Christina Gao with her 3t/3t

Custom Title
    Well, I'm still the old sourpuss codger here, and it's still the same old sameold for me. I didn't want Michelle Kwan at 2006 Nationals and I don't like the fact that Sasha Cohen may - I say may - deny one of the youngsters like maybe Rachael Flatt a deserved chance for the "Olympic experience". Again, I am talking about those who have not temporarily left amateur skating, so I am including even Alissa Csizny as a "youngster" here.

I'm going to be extremely angry if a deserving long program by either Flatt or Wagner is overruled by Sasha Cohen. Arrrrrggggggh!

A curse on you, Sasha - Fall, fall, fall! It's not personal - Sasha is one of my all-time top 10 favorite skaters - but she---- has----had----her---- chance. Please don't deprive one of these youngsters of their fair chance!

Custom Title
    Oh Mirai!!! I knew it!!! One of the few things I agree with Phillip Hersh on is that Mirai alone has that special star quality out of all the singles ladies, and I couldn't be more happy for her! I hope she holds it together in her FS!!!!

Whippet Good!
    Quote Originally Posted by jsteam4501s View Post
    A curse on you, Sasha - Fall, fall, fall! It's not personal - Sasha is one of my all-time top 10 favorite skaters - but she---- has----had----her---- chance. Please don't deprive one of these youngsters of their fair chance!
    Then those youngsters had better step up to the plate and deliver on their programs. If those youngsters win because they were least mediocre, than what does it matter? If they can't beat a no-fall Sasha, then it's their own damn fault. I'm not going to wish someone to bomb just so another can go because that other can't beat a clean Sasha.

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    Somehow I'm not as disappointed for Alyssa, because she's had her National championship and will leave skating (if she leaves now) with that gold, several GP golds, and a lot of fans.
    Alissa has only won 1 GP event in her career, the Skate Canada back in 2005. I really feel for her, but that's the way sports go sometimes.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by cornell08 View Post
    Wagner's other two jumps were of better quality than Rachael's. True, everyone was overscored as is how Nationals goes but comparatively Rachael's performance was no where NEAR Nagasu or Cohens. Rachael even admitted she barely hung onto the first two passes. Complete BS.
    It's a competition, not a beauty contest. Rachael is an excellent competitor, whose tech was the best of the night, IMO. She was penalized for her layback, which is a quirk of COP. If she had fixed that problem, she would be in first. She showed a lot of personality on the ice. In fact, I think she deserves to be second above Sasha, since Sasha flutzed and had a wonky landing on her combo. And when did she say she barely hung on in her first two passes?

Custom Title
    (Sigh) OMG - My point is that a clean Sasha, or an unclean Sasha, or a dirty Sasha shouldn't be here to begin with! Has she forgotten when she was 14,15,16,17?

Quote Originally Posted by jsteam4501s View Post
    (Sigh) OMG - My point is that a clean Sasha, or an unclean Sasha, or a dirty Sasha shouldn't be here to begin with! Has she forgotten when she was 14,15,16,17?
    Please, if the others are afraid to compete they should stay home.
    What silly, non-sporting views

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by jenaj View Post
    It's a competition, not a beauty contest. Rachael is an excellent competitor, whose tech was the best of the night, IMO. She was penalized for her layback, which is a quirk of COP. If she had fixed that problem, she would be in first. She showed a lot of personality on the ice. In fact, I think she deserves to be second above Sasha, since Sasha flutzed and had a wonky landing on her combo. And when did she say she barely hung on in her first two passes?
    Rachel had slow spins, terrible positioning, sub-par spiral sequence. She landed some good jumps but that is the only thing to sing about in her program.

Sorry, but if those girls can't compete against an old lady like Sasha who's been training for only a couple of months, they have NO BUSINESS being at the Olympics with the best. They've had 4 years to hone their skills. Its time to bring it or shut up.

Custom Title
    I can not believe how rude some of you are. Every person has their fair chance, you win and your in. The young ladies have as much of a chance as Sasha to get in. But all the negativity directed at someone who has never done a thing to any of you is disgusting! And what have any of these young ladies done in the past few years to prove they are more worthy of an Olympic berth then Sasha? I

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Eyes View Post

Sorry, but if those girls can't compete against an old lady like Sasha who's been training for only a couple of months, they have NO BUSINESS being at the Olympics with the best. They've had 4 years to hone their skills. Its time to bring it or shut up.
    This is what scare me about the currnet state of U.S figure skating

Custom Title
    In situations like this, you really have to try to leave out your personal views. Figure skating, after all, is a sport. A sport judged by numbers. There was nothing holding Sasha back from coming back, and if the younger skaters felt threatened, they should have prepared more. It's anybody's game and there's nothing unfair, in my opinion, about Sasha competing. As she's shown (very early) this morning, she can skate at the level of the top younger skaters. To me, may the best go to the Olympics and Worlds, young or old.

Page 62 of 74 FirstFirst ... 12 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... LastLast