Page 63 of 74 FirstFirst ... 13 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... LastLast

Thread: Championship Ladies SP

Custom Title
    Just imagine if Sasha had trained like the rest of the skaters this past 4 years. I think that with figure skating, if you got it, you got it and if you haven't, you haven't. I think some of these girls can train til the cows come home and they will never have the quality of skating that Sasha has.

thanks to whoever posted teh link to Sasha's SP! I can't wait to see the other ladies' programs

that was a great comeback for her and I'm happy. If she doesn't make top two when all is said and done at least she didn't just create a bunch of hype. She came to the ice and she skated.

Very happy for Mirai! after last year she needed a great skate, and to beat Sasha Cohen in her best part of a competition! Icing on the cake.

bummed for Ashley, but hoping she can pull up in the long!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    thanks to whoever posted teh link to Sasha's SP! I can't wait to see the other ladies' programs

that was a great comeback for her and I'm happy. If she doesn't make top two when all is said and done at least she didn't just create a bunch of hype. She came to the ice and she skated.

Very happy for Mirai! after last year she needed a great skate, and to beat Sasha Cohen in her best part of a competition! Icing on the cake.

bummed for Ashley, but hoping she can pull up in the long!
    Marai's is up on youtube as well, and after watching it she deserved to be slightly in first
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SDtAQbCP-o

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jsteam4501s View Post
    (Sigh) OMG - My point is that a clean Sasha, or an unclean Sasha, or a dirty Sasha shouldn't be here to begin with! Has she forgotten when she was 14,15,16,17?
    uhhhhhhhhhhhhh what has that got to do with the cost of chicken today????

Quote Originally Posted by kandidy View Post
    Kandidy, you're the best in the whole wide world .... thanks for posting the vid. Sasha is just beautiful, her costume, her music, wow!!!

Rinkside
    I don't understand when people say that someone like Sasha Cohen shouldn't come back because, "she had her chance" - this is a sport. If a veteran competitor is able to compete against the younger ones, that is the younger competitor's fault for not being better. I don't think anyone would tell a golfer to retire because they were too old, if they were still able to win or compete well against the younger golfers. The fact that Plushenko and the Chinese pair were able to come back after such a long haitus and are now beating their competition, makes it clear that the level of competition has not improved in skating. Sasha did make a mistake on her jump combo, that seemed to have been ignored, but the quality of the rest of her program was so fantastic that I agree with the overall placement that she received. I don't agree with ignoring mistakes, however.

I was really impressed with Marai - she has really matured into a beautiful skater with speed and tenacity. I look forward to the Long Program!

Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    Does anyone else think Mirai should have a bigger point lead over Sasha? Not a knock against Sasha . . . she did very well, but I think Mirai was better than her by more than 0.43 of a point. I would have marked Nagasu at least 4 points higher than Cohen. Sasha's jumps were so tight, particularly the 3Lutz and the 2Axel. Even Scott called her Lutz as short of rotation during the broadcast while Mirai's jumps were clearly fully rotated. Mirai's jumps were bigger and had better run-out on the landings. Plus, Mirai skated with more speed than Sasha and Nagasu certainly held her own on the spins and spirals too, which I think are just as good if not better than Sasha's. Anyway, Nagasu, Cohen, and Flatt should all be pleased with their SP efforts. I'm looking forward to the LP, which will be the real test for all of them. Can Nagasu and Cohen battle their longtime LP demons? Can Wagner rise from a bit of a disappointing SP again like last year? Can Flatt win her first senior US title? We'll soon find out.................
    I agree. I think that Sasha was better in presentation. I think that she got very good music, great presentation, and great costume. It was a great package. I am also surprised how fast she was. I also liked her spirals very much.

But I think that she should have received "e" or at least an attention mark on her flutz. This is surprising considering that her flutz was well-recognized and judges tend to be strict on those who have such a reputation. Her landing on 2T was also shaky and could have been DGed.

Mirai deservingly received better GOE on her 2A with a difficult entrance. Her flutz got an attention mark, but her flutz at this time was no more than Sasha's.

Mirai's spirals are also among the very best in the field even though Sasha's had a more wow factor (the split jump and the forward charlotte) that earned huge GOE.

I also thought that Mirai's spins were a lot more complete than Sasha's. Her rotations were so fast that she could hold the positions so long! That gives the program a very complete impression!

So technically speaking, I would say Mirai should have gotten a lot better mark than Sasha. But I am fine that Sasha got a little better PCS than Mirai.

Both did very well.
    Last edited by Bennett; 01-22-2010 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee4707 View Post
    Kandidy, you're the best in the whole wide world .... thanks for posting the vid. Sasha is just beautiful, her costume, her music, wow!!!
    U r welcome. I know the feeling not be able to watch it live since I am also.

thanks for the link... love her music

uhhhhhhhhhhhhh what has that got to do with the cost of chicken today????
    Well D you just have to excuse some people because when they miss the sale they do an awful lot of clucking.

Awaiting Boris and Oleg
    Totally unimportant compared to the good performance, of course, but since there were quite a few comments during her warmup about Sasha's costume, I have to say I thought it looked more can-can than Spanish. I actually never have liked many of Cohen's costumes ... but she is undeniably attractive and she really did a great performance in her SP, considering her long absence especially. Good for her.

PS: And I actually did find the Hall of Fame Induction of interest. Of course I recognized Sarah, Todd, and Jenni, but who was the older gentleman being inducted? TIA.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Eyes View Post
    Rachel had slow spins, terrible positioning, sub-par spiral sequence. She landed some good jumps but that is the only thing to sing about in her program. .
    Rachael got level 4 on her spiral sequence and 2 of her spins, and positive GOE on all of these elements. Maybe from a purely aesthetic point of view, she is not up to the level of Mirai and Sasha. But there is no mark for posture.

Custom Title
    Mirai's SP has been my favorite American ladies short this season since I saw it during the Grand Prix, so I was very happy that she skated so well. Good short for Sasha...not going to get my hopes up for the long though.
    Did anyone else feel scores were slightly inflated? I mean, there were a lot of +3 GOEs thrown around...

^^Yeah they were a bit generous but imo in a fair way. No one was held up.

Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    Well D you just have to excuse some people because when they miss the sale they do an awful lot of clucking.

Page 63 of 74 FirstFirst ... 13 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... LastLast