Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 43

Thread: Original Dance Jan. 21st, 13:00 Tallinn time

  1. #16
    Custom Title figuristka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Finland & Canada
    Posts
    1,366
    jana and sergei, unfortunately a big mistake on the twizzles by him.

  2. #17
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    704
    TES score of D/S was low, i suppose they did not get the required levels on the elements.

  3. #18
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    704
    Quote Originally Posted by figuristka View Post
    jana and sergei, unfortunately a big mistake on the twizzles by him.

    Even with the error the technical element score of KhokNovi are almost teh same as that of DomShab. so D/S got severely docked on levels.

    any idea what D/S said during the interview...
    Last edited by life684; 01-21-2010 at 09:17 AM.

  4. #19
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lithuania
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by MissIzzy View Post
    Only 61 for D&S in the OD! I must admit, I'm surprised! Of course that could still win the segment, and five points lead says they're winning this competition anyway, but...those watching, did they make any major errors?

    No, they didn't. They completed everything but they were painfully slow. It's a shame that Novitski made a mistake on twizzles because Khokhlova and Novitski could have been in first in OD at the momet .

  5. #20
    Off the ice Buttercup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Left field
    Posts
    3,406
    F/S beat DomShabs' OD score! I'm really pleased, I'm normally not a fan but their OD is fantastic and deserves high marks.

  6. #21
    Custom Title figuristka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Finland & Canada
    Posts
    1,366
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    F/S beat DomShabs' OD score! I'm really pleased, I'm normally not a fan but their OD is fantastic and deserves high marks.
    Me too, they did have more difficulty.

  7. #22
    Ice Dancing and Johnny Fan MissIzzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    764
    The Zaretskis pass Cappellini & Lanotte and have an exactly nine-point buffer with which to stay in the top ten. I think they're going to Vancouver.

  8. #23
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    8

    The Stockholm Syndrome

    Quote Originally Posted by MissIzzy View Post
    Only 61 for D&S in the OD! I must admit, I'm surprised! Of course that could still win the segment, and five points lead says they're winning this competition anyway, but...those watching, did they make any major errors?
    Those of you who are relieved by D/S receiving "only 61" for this horrendous, Novice OD and others who have previously stated that they're hoping the medal D/S are sure to win at the Olympics is just, please (whimper) not gold have to recognize something in yourselves. You are suffering from Stockholm Syndrome. You have been held captive for so long, you've begun to identify with your captors. As long as they don't kill you (that is, receive a world record score), your warped reality perceives it as an act of kindness, a crumb, if you will. Please. Stop whimpering! They don't even deserve to be in the final group in Vancouver. Your spirit has been broken for so long you've failed to realize you're sitting in your cage but your captors left the door open. Stand up and walk out.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_syndrome

  9. #24
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    192
    I like DomShab- they gave a very nice interview after their group and when asked about the costumes Oksana said that they were designed in St. Petersburg- they sent the designers the music and this is what they came up with and this is a rare occasion where they felt that the designers nailed it on the first try- they were extremely pleased.

    I have an academic degree in design and I agree that their costumes really fit them, the music and the overall performance. This is the case of appreciating something for what it is- obviously you can't compare an evening gown and aboriginal body paint. It's like designing a theatre scene- for the artist creating an impoverished slum, making it harmonious and believable, is just as beautiful as designing Marie Antoinette's boudoir. To me everything concerning the appearance of their OD is totally in sync- it may not be a crowd-pleaser (just like not everyone enjoys a trip to the Guggenheim), but they've obviously made the choice to not be banal- I applaude that as well as their skill !

  10. #25
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    472
    I didn't like Dom/Shabs, nor the costumes neither the dance itself...

    but I loved F&S: just beautiful!!! I am so happy for them, their OD it's fantastic!!!
    hope they'll gain even more points tomorrow, their free is also beautiful!!!

  11. #26
    Quad Queen cloudkicker09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    735
    Once again, I am APPALLED by the overscored and politiked Russian skaters. Dom/Shab were painfully slow and just as painful to watch and Khok/Nov make that mistake yet, they are both sitting pretty at the top of the leader board.

    What do they have something against sibling teams, once again the Zaretsky's and ESPECIALLY the Kerrs get screwed by the system. they are sitting in 5th and 6th.

    No wonder the sport is failing.

  12. #27
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by cloudkicker09 View Post

    What do they have something against sibling teams, once again the Zaretsky's and ESPECIALLY the Kerrs get screwed by the system. they are sitting in 5th and 6th.

    No wonder the sport is failing.
    Are you joking? You try to compare the skatind abilities of D/S and other 2 pairs. Did you see knees of Zaretzki during twizzles? Maybee the edges of Kerr?

  13. #28
    Quad Queen cloudkicker09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    735
    Quote Originally Posted by sochi View Post
    Those of you who are relieved by D/S receiving "only 61" for this horrendous, Novice OD and others who have previously stated that they're hoping the medal D/S are sure to win at the Olympics is just, please (whimper) not gold have to recognize something in yourselves. You are suffering from Stockholm Syndrome. You have been held captive for so long, you've begun to identify with your captors. As long as they don't kill you (that is, receive a world record score), your warped reality perceives it as an act of kindness, a crumb, if you will. Please. Stop whimpering! They don't even deserve to be in the final group in Vancouver. Your spirit has been broken for so long you've failed to realize you're sitting in your cage but your captors left the door open. Stand up and walk out.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_syndrome

    FINALLY someone that I can agree with that has not been brainwashed by Russian politking, just because they are Russian they do not automattically get the gold EVERY single time!!!!

  14. #29
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    192
    I find that objectivity is key when offering ones opinion- but an inflated positive opinion is harmless, whereas a negative opinion is useless unless constructive. No point in being venomous- the judges have decades of experience, they've actually been skaters themselves, so it's kind of vainglorious to assume that you are a better expert than they. Plus we are not in Saku Suurhall- television kills speed and artistry- what we see and what the audience and judges witness are two different things.

  15. #30
    On the Ice Sus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    By the Mediterranean Sea
    Posts
    29
    For whoever hasn't seen this yet:

    Domnina & Shabalin OD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vczTPSwF9do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •