The A Word | Golden Skate

The A Word

berrycute

On the Ice
I wanted to say *** in a post, and it was edited out. Can a moderator please explain to me why I can't say ***? What exactly is offensive about the word *** when used to refer to the anatomy of a human being?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
it's teh fact that it's a crude/swear word for said part of anatomy. "butt, keester, toosh, tooshie" are far more family friendly. We're a family friendly board, and would like to keep it that way :yes:

berrycute

On the Ice
Well that's a matter of opinion! I didn't realize *** was going to corrupt the children, but oh well. Sometimes I think this place is run by Mormons...

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I wanted to say *** in a post, and it was edited out. Can a moderator please explain to me why I can't say ***? What exactly is offensive about the word *** when used to refer to the anatomy of a human being?

Just out of curiosity, I'd like to see what context the word was used in. Was it used as an insult or as referring to a person's anatomy?

Also, regarding comment about "Mormons", you might want to take another look that the guidelines. ;)

Discrimination is posting comments that support or espouse hatred towards another individual or group based upon any criteria (including race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, beliefs, ethnicity, etc.).

berrycute

On the Ice
Just out of curiosity, I'd like to see what context the word was used in. Was it used as an insult or as referring to a person's anatomy?

Also, regarding comment about "Mormons", you might want to take another look that the guidelines. ;)

The context was anatomical, I was describing an outfit with the back cut out to expose the cheeks of the buttocks, commonly referred to as ***-less chaps. This was in reference to the Elvis Stojko criticism of femininity in skating, and the question as to whether femininity is related to homosexuality in skating, and which one Stojko is really criticizing. I wanted to say that ***-less chaps popularly denote homosexuality but not femininity, so in theory Stojko would be ok with them as a figure skating costume. See, perfectly anatomical, not at all insulting (unless you ARE a mormon, then probably the whole idea would insult you somewhat...)

As to your second point, if you are serious, then my god this place is more Morman-y than I first even thought!

I have nothing but love for Mormans though! :love: Chelsea Handler is part Mormon, and she's great! :thumbsup:

And you need to define "hatred". I don't think a well-intentioned joke (which is also, dare I say, quite hilarious) would qualify as "inciting hatred", surely!

Last edited: