Senior CD-Golden Waltz- 1:30 PM EST Jan 21 | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Senior CD-Golden Waltz- 1:30 PM EST Jan 21

cotillion

Rinkside
What's happened to Wester & Barantsev? I presume Gregory & Petukov are officially retired now, they were my fav team , I miss them, thank Gods I have their Eden program on PVR! Davis & White are going to rule these Nats , good for them:bow:

cloudkicker09

Final Flight
I just checked the starting order's for the OD and I have to ask, who picks that because all of the top contender's are in the 2nd to last group not the last? Makes no sense

My wish for National's is that Nav/Bom get that 3rd olympic spot, that is all I want from US nationals.

~tapdancer

On the Ice
tapdancer, are you at Nationals?

(wonderful)! if so!
Oh, don't I wish! After reading my post again, it sounded like I was there! But no, I'm watching on icenetwork and I was impressed even with that. Lord willing, I will be at the Greensboro nationals!

missysays

On the Ice
Finally got home and watched the compulsory dances in full.

I'm really pleased with both B/A and D/W's dances. They both skated with flow and assurance. I actually thought S/B had the best lines of any of the senior couples. They weren't quite as fast though as others have said.

D/W- wow!! I've never seen them step that dance out they way they did. They were really bigger in their movements then I've ever seen them. I'm glad that they're finally "owning" the space around them more- they need to sustain this feeling of authority and ownership of the ice some more. There were a few little points when they seemed to be concentrating really hard. B/A (not to mention both D/S teams) are past masters at owning the ice in a CD but for D/W this dance seems such a step up from their past CD performances where they always seemed a bit conservative. I hope they continue to put time into their CD's both this Golden Waltz and others so that they don't need to start off competitions with such a deficit. I'm glad they were smart and finally knew that they needed to practice their CDs as they never have before.

Good job.

As Igor was saying in the knc, it's still really close. D/W cannot rest on their laurels. B/A are not gonna let this go without a fight.

fanofskate

Rinkside
Doris, thank you for explaining lilting. I get it now.

Just an observation. Tanith's dress with the slit and 'strings' didn't really help in building flow in their waltz. It doesn't 'evenly' flow around her especially in the turns. I didn't like the way it would wrap around one leg. The slit part would move (flap open) while the rest of it stays down. It takes away more than add to the dance. She has great legs by the way and she can display it as much as she wants. That slit just didn't work for me in this waltz.

Binthere

On the Ice
Almost any outcome will leave people with mixed feelings, but I will only truly feel badly about this event if any of the top 4 teams don't feel like they skated up to their hopes and potential. That said, the rivalries have clearly made everyone rise to the challenge, and I am excited for some amazing skating. To me, the compulsories proved that ice dance free dance will be like Jeremy performances x4!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
What's happened to Wester & Barantsev?
I could be wrong but I think they retired.

I presume Gregory & Petukov are officially retired now, they were my fav team , I miss them:

I miss them too, they do a lot of small shows (though they skated in Scott's show not too long ago) and a lot of skating seminars. They'll be in Fairbanks, AK this summer! :rock: and I am hopefully going to make it up there to cheer them on in the show the local skating club will be putting on.

they're not 'officially' retired. had plans to comeback to competition this season but life got in the way :no: :cry:

icedancer18

Rinkside
I could be wrong but I think they [Wester/Barantsev]retired.

They have not officially retired. Wester was trying to fully recover from her knee surgery. Their website has no official announcement and neither does USFS. She is, however, planning a Skate-a-Thon even to raise money to help Haiti.