Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread: Mens Free Skate

If Alena will take the ladies title,will be again like in 2006, four titles for Russia !! Who imagine that )!Russia again on top of Europe!!

Custom Title
    I'm so happy for Stephane, I completely did not expect that! For my delusional fan-pick, I had Lambiel for gold but after that less-than-stellar SP, I was worrying about an off-the-podium finish. I totally did not see Lambiel producing a LP of that calibre, but I love being proved wrong in this regard

Also, seeing all those 9s Stephane received for PCS is making me believe in the integrity of PCS again (as opposed to say, 9s for Plushenko). Squee!

I'm gutted for Tomas though...just squeaked in the top 10 with a TES in the 50s at an event he won several years ago. Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by hauteor View Post
    Let's just all agree on one thing- this was one hell of an evening of figure skating!
    Yes it was.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked View Post
    Awwww. But he's so cute when he cries!
    Wait till Olympics, you might see it.

Custom Title
    congratulations to all.
    but i have a problem. i can't pull up the scores just the detailed results. i know-stupid. sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    I can agree with that and his athleticism is remarkable, but I still hope someone else wins the Olympics who has never won it before and who has skated more in this Olympic cycle than just one season. It only comes around every 4 years, so a skater who has put in more competition and training time this quad should win I believe.
    The message i get from Lambiel's marks in the free , was Plushenko is beatable at Olympics even if he skates like euros. Congrats to all

Quote Originally Posted by fairly4 View Post
    congratulations to all.
    but i have a problem. i can't pull up the scores just the detailed results. i know-stupid. sorry.
    Did Brezina finish 4th ? Imagine with more reputation he will be next Euro King

Custom Title
    SO apparently Plush was going for the 3ax/half loop/3f and skip it and then he didn't do a flip at all!!!
    PLOP!
    (I'm saying that because the last 2ax was planned)

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    Yes, Michal placed 4th. He'll probably be the top European man anyways, reputation or not, because I highly doubt that the likes of Plushenko, Joubert, and Lambiel are staying for another cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by evangeline View Post
    Yes, Michal placed 4th. He'll probably be the top European man anyways, reputation or not, because I highly doubt that the likes of Plushenko, Joubert, and Lambiel are staying for another cycle.
    Thanks E.
    He is still young and should get better and better.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    It's not just reputation. He is not a member in the "quad-club" yet. The Euros' standard is so high, it's hard to win without a quad.

Custom Title
    where the judges little more restrained in awarding + GOE in LP than SP? especially since SP protocols are filled +2s for Joubert and Plusy, but in LP +2s are a rarity.

Quote Originally Posted by figuristka View Post
    Joubert looked disappointed , maybe he wanted it too much.
    That's the main problem with him, I think. In the short he manages to skate relatively freely, but when he is in contention for the title after the short - it somehow tightens him up so much. I nearly fell asleep during his program, he was so much slower than in the short. He also needs to loosen up in general, e.g. during the Medal Ceremony. He looks so freaking serious every time something doesn't go his way completely.

But I disagree with people who are saying Brezina should have been third. On the grounds of Brian's SP and LP together, he deserved his Bronze Medal very much.

Brezina is the future of European figure skating, and what a bright future it is with him, Fernandez (6th best LP ), Amodio... Just why is he not planning more than 7 Triples in his long program? Boggles my mind! I also think that since Brezina has been skating completely on the senior circuit, he has already been more consistent than Verner. And it's Brezina's first full senior season.

Plushenko was good and I enjoy his long program much more than his short program. Most of the movements go with the music. A little less gimmicks would be nice, but it's a decent program overall. He has a rocking body, just like a ballet dancer, a great line with good extension and beautiful beautiful blue eyes. He doesn't need all those gimmicks to be impressive. Good job overall, scores well deserved.

How on earth did Ponsero's Quad not get +3 GOE? I know he doesn't do a transition into it - but please, it's the best Quad in the history of freaking figure skating.

Stéphane was utterly brilliant, and in the end it probably was one of the most consistent LPs of his career. He went for every jump, didn't double or single anything. His skating skills are amazing, he looks fit and happy, even if a little cautious from time to time. The spins weren't as breath-taking as normally, but still great of course. I loved the footwork, excluding the fall. He really uses the music. He doesn't do transitions or random movements for points, he does them when he thinks they suit the music and his emotions. Hopefully he goes home, tries to land the Quad not that deep in the knee - because frankly, my nerves can't take that; gets the 4-3 consistent and tries to calm his jump landings a bit.

You rock, Little Prince, and I am so thankful you are back, like - for real!

Quote Originally Posted by Ximena View Post
    SO apparently Plush was going for the 3ax/half loop/3f and skip it and then he didn't do a flip at all!!!
    PLOP!
    (I'm saying that because the last 2ax was planned)
    Yeah as good as it was i think he is capable of more so he is definately the most dangerous male skater out there with the best chance. Thanks will be interesting to watch again. will have to look at details too.

Custom Title
    All top three popped here or there in LP.

Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast