Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread: Mens Free Skate

Custom Title
    The podium:

[url]http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/95922095/AFP[/url]

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by lubov27 View Post
    really?
    someone before mentioned brian is in good (easier) position BEFORE plushenko just like at Euros 2004 where we won ....

some people ll always find a reason..

i m so amazed by Stephane just great comeback as well

it was just my impression looking at him in the warm up, he was tremendously serious and he went straight for the two quad, as if he had a mission impossible to accomplish...I mean, relax!!!

btw, I'm not "finding a reason", I'm totally not a Joubert fan and I think his PCS this evening were just absurd!!!

I'm a Plush and Lambiel lover!!!!

Some lucky lady got thrown the flowers from Plushenko.

I love how clips of European's appear so fast. i was really impressed with most of the men.

Custom Title
    Omg, I'm crying, haven't even seen their skates yet, but am crying after reading this thread from beginning to end.

I came on around lunch time expecting to see who won, but realized the last two groups hadn't even skated yet, so I went shopping, trying to remain calm, thinking positive thoughts. Though I did think about Stephane, as my heart goes out to ALL the veterans, especially the injured, and Stephane IMHO has one of the worst injuries (was hoping he would make the podium).

Then I come back from shopping, and start where I left off (page 7), noting that 15+ pages means it was a pretty good competition. So I get to the last group and I read that someone hates Evgeni because it turns out Brian had a bad skate? That broke my heart a little. So with my heart in my throat, I read more comments, then the one that states Zhenya won! I start crying, but realize the competition isn't over yet, and am sooooooooo happy to read that Stephane medalled as well with a gorgeous skate!!!!!!!!!!

I couldn't ask for anything more, Thank You God, the Top 3 veterans are on the podium. All having overcome their injuries to do extremely well here. My only hope is that the youngsters out there were all watching ~ this is how it is done...

[COLOR="Cyan"]CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE MEDALISTS ~ WELL DONE, WELL DONE!!!![/COLOR]

EDITED TO ADD: lol, and I kept thinking about the movie "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly" (aka Blondie, Angel Eyes, and Tuco).
    Last edited by Nadine; 01-21-2010 at 04:58 PM. Reason: added info. about The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly. :)

Dedicated follower of the black line Wicked's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hauteor View Post
    The podium:

[url]http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/95922095/AFP[/url]
    Wow, the look Brian is giving Plush.

Custom Title
    For me it was like a dream, Javi 8th and Steph silver after that dissapointing short

I love Steph, he's unique, I'm so proud of him!!!!!

End subjectivity,reduce PCS, fix the COP! schiele's Avatar
    All my favourite skaters on the podium.. Two great comebacks.. Not a bad night at all in terms of skating and performances..
    I am not happy at all. I am not happy with how this whole thing is marked, I am not happy skaters get much higher PCS than their TES (the ultimate example being the unforgettable 50 smth TES to 82 PCS by Takahashi), I am not happy with how skaters like Contesti are held down, I am not happy with the incredibly wider range the judges have now to mark as they want (100 points to distribute as they like in PCS just in the long), I am not happy with GOEs, the way levels are distributed.. I am sick to my stomach. More so than I was in GPF.
    The only thing I know is Plushenko deserved to win, no doubts about it. But that's as far as I'd go..It makes me want to take a break from this thing.. I think I will not get over this soon.. not that anyone cares of course.

Vancouver 2010, 247.23, Bronze
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked View Post
    Wow, the look Brian is giving Plush.
    A look filled with admiration and respect!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsuhs View Post
    yea in cooko-faery-land maybe

Dedicated follower of the black line Wicked's Avatar
    I guess that's one way to interpret it!

Custom Title
    mmm....not exactly my interpretation...

Lambiel beat Plushenko in Transitions, Choreography and Interpretation , which is very fair too me.

Custom Title
    Oh, if Stephane can be on the Olympic podium with Takahashi and Chan, I might faint from sheer happiness.

The fact that Lambiel won the PCS makes me so thrilled.

Quote Originally Posted by schiele View Post
    All my favourite skaters on the podium.. Two great comebacks.. Not a bad night at all in terms of skating and performances..
    I am not happy at all. I am not happy with how this whole thing is marked, I am not happy skaters get much higher PCS than their TES (the ultimate example being the unforgettable 50 smth TES to 82 PCS by Takahashi), I am not happy with how skaters like Contesti are held down, I am not happy with the incredibly wider range the judges have now to mark as they want (100 points to distribute as they like in PCS just in the long), I am not happy with GOEs, the way levels are distributed.. I am sick to my stomach. More so than I was in GPF.
    The only thing I know is Plushenko deserved to win, no doubts about it. But that's as far as I'd go..It makes me want to take a break from this thing.. I think I will not get over this soon.. not that anyone cares of course.
    Of course people care. And hope you will get over it soon.
    It looked to me that come hell or high water the podium was gonna have Plush , Lambiel and Joubert.

Others appeared to be held down as you said. My stream was breaking during Brian's skate but from what I saw he made many mistakes. Maybe it was because I couldn't see clearly but I thought his LP marks were a gift from the judges.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Oh, if Stephane can be on the Olympic podium with Takahashi and Chan, I might faint from sheer happiness.

The fact that Lambiel won the PCS makes me so thrilled.
    Your dream podium is quite like mine, except with one difference--I would only faint from the sheer weight of my wildest delusions coming true if the Olympic podium was Lambiel, Abbott and Takahashi.

A beautiful podium with beautiful skaters.

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast