Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast
Results 256 to 270 of 342

Thread: Mens Free Skate

  1. #256
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,609
    Quote Originally Posted by evangeline View Post
    Your dream podium is quite like mine, except with one difference--I would only faint from the sheer weight of my wildest delusions coming true if the Olympic podium was Lambiel, Abbott and Takahashi.

    A beautiful podium with beautiful skaters.
    That podium would be merely magnificent. Provided Chan wasn't fourth. Otherwise I'd be bemoaning the fact that he's fourth and just missed it.

  2. #257
    Banned janetfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    6,889
    Quote Originally Posted by evangeline View Post
    Your dream podium is quite like mine, except with one difference--I would only faint from the sheer weight of my wildest delusions coming true if the Olympic podium was Lambiel, Abbott and Takahashi.

    A beautiful podium with beautiful skaters.
    Ha - believe it or not that is my favorite podium too.
    I like the idea of a NA, Euro and Asian on the podium.

    If Jeremy can't make it then I would want Patrick. But Lambiel and Takahashi would be my other choices.

    If not then Oda for Taka and Werner for Lambiel. But can't see that one happening.

  3. #258
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    169
    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    I disagree with people who are saying Brezina should have been third. On the grounds of Brian's SP and LP together, he deserved his Bronze Medal very much.

    Brezina is the future of European figure skating, and what a bright future it is with him, Fernandez (6th best LP ), Amodio...

  4. #259
    Vancouver 2010, 247.23, Bronze
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,989
    Quote Originally Posted by evangeline View Post
    I would only faint from the sheer weight of my wildest delusions coming true if the Olympic podium was Lambiel, Abbott and Takahashi.

    A beautiful podium with beautiful skaters.
    Oh I would LOVE that podium to happen! Just in a slightly different order

    Here's another look for this board's looks interpreters:

    http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/56866153/AFP

    How you'd interpret this one?

  5. #260
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    472
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsuhs View Post
    Oh I would LOVE that podium to happen! Just in a slightly different order

    Here's another look for this board's looks interpreters:

    http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/56866153/AFP

    How you'd interpret this one?
    surely, that's the reason behind the beautiful romeo&juliet gala program!

  6. #261
    Go marry the quad if you love it so much DesertRoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    646
    Nice side view of Lambiel's sit spin:

    http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...2Q28L/x610.jpg

    Joubert looking like a whale just pooped on him:

    http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...SefIr/x610.jpg

    Plushenko makes love to the air:

    http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...DAaw1/610x.jpg

  7. #262
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    74
    Congrats to Evgeny Plushenko.
    No question, the king is back.

    I´m not happy with Brians thrid place. He looks so upset.
    He must win a medal in vancouver. He did so much for the sport the last 9 years.
    He is always competing. Sometimes I think he need a break.

    IIt´s not a pleasue seeing him so sad on the podium.

  8. #263
    Banned janetfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    6,889
    Quote Originally Posted by Kunstrijdster View Post
    ITA. I'm glad to see there is some sympathy for him arround.

    Plushy really deserved the gold.

    None of my favs had a good performance. Tomas, Yannick, Brian... What shall I say. I think it will be relaxing and healthy for me to watch the Ladies because I do not have any preference at all...
    Laura - Laura - Laura

  9. #264
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    136
    Just realized this is the same Euro men's podium (in the same order) as 2006.

  10. #265
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,609
    Quote Originally Posted by essence_of_soy View Post
    Just realized this is the same Euro men's podium (in the same order) as 2006.
    And Verner's in the same spot.

  11. #266
    Custom Title Joesitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    20,185
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Oh, if Stephane can be on the Olympic podium with Takahashi and Chan, I might faint from sheer happiness.

    The fact that Lambiel won the PCS makes me so thrilled.
    Am I happy - not because I think he is the greatest male free skater in the world, but because he is the greatest skater in the world.

  12. #267
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,609
    ????

  13. #268
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,560
    Quote Originally Posted by essence_of_soy View Post
    Just realized this is the same Euro men's podium (in the same order) as 2006.
    I know. It's amazing, isn't it? If next month, these three men on the Olympics podium, I'll be very, very happy.

  14. #269
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    4,971
    Quote Originally Posted by jennylovskt View Post
    I know. It's amazing, isn't it? If next month, these three men on the Olympics podium, I'll be very, very happy.
    Olympics for men is going to be SO exciting! I'm still hoping Verner can get it together and skate to his potential, if he does I think he could medal. Plushy seems kind of boring. I'm glad Joubert seems all better though! Lambiel was beautiful too!

    Excited for the ladies tomorrow too. I really want Costner to do well (I have a place in my heart for talented headcases ). Maybe she and Tomas should date and then maybe they'd have better luck?

  15. #270
    Banned janetfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    6,889
    Quote Originally Posted by Kunstrijdster View Post
    You cannot get enough of the Ladies over there, can you?

    .
    I watched alot of the Euro men today. Good competition!
    Plush deserved it all the way. I got home 30 seconds before Tomas skated so I saw it. Geez, when he is not messing up he is such a good looking skater.

    Tonight is USA Ladies SP's so a long day of skating

    And I do hope to see Euro Ladies and wish there was 10 Finnish girls competeting

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •