Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread: Mens Free Skate

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    I like the idea of a NA, Euro and Asian on the podium.
    What does it have to do with regions?! What's the difference will it make if there are three Europeans on the podium?! I really don't get it. If three Europeans are the best, then three Europeans are on the podium. If North American skaters like Abbott couldn't skate his best, then North Americans don't deserve the podium. Same to Europeans and Asians.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Kunstrijdster View Post
    Watching Euro men should be rewarded. You really deserved yourself the Ladies SP

Well, although I really don't have a clear favourite among the Ladies I have to agree that the Finnish girls are gorgeous to watch.
    And just gorgeous looking. Is it a rule that in order to be a Finnish skater you have to be beautiful ?

Custom Title
    Ah, finally managed to watch Evgeni's FS here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPSfJ1KMaUw

He sold it from beginning to end....total confidence, in command of the performance, never losing control, even when he was passionate! There's just something in the air when he takes to the ice, magic I think, pure magic.

By the way, I loooooooooved the audience's reaction to him! When he landed his opening 4T/3T, with total confidence, I felt like I was in one of those old arenas in Rome wherein the gladiators of yesteryear fought -- that's how loud & thunderous the applause was. Ahhh, if only I was there. Then the same applause throughout. It was touching.

That said, he hasn't peaked yet, far from it. That uncharacteristic 2L surely was meant to be a 3L/.5R/3F. Evgeni is dangerous, very dangerous, he still hasn't maxed out his full jumping potential yet, nor even his selling performance. I expect to see it all at the Olympic Games in Vancouver next month.

I look forward to watching the rest of the competition later on tonight or tomorrow (as I don't want to miss the U.S. Ladies SP tonight on IN).

Custom Title

Quote Originally Posted by jennylovskt View Post
    What does it have to do with regions?! What's the difference will it make if there are three Europeans on the podium?! I really don't get it. If three Europeans are the best, then three Europeans are on the podium. If North American skaters like Abbott couldn't skate his best, then North Americans don't deserve the podium. Same to Europeans and Asians.
    It is just a thought Jenny, maybe with Olympic spirit. I am not asking for a fixed result, just think it would be interesting to have three regions represented.

If three Euro guys are the best then they should win. No problem with that but not my favorite podium.

And you should be proud of me for leaving Evan off the podium.

But if you want I will add Evan if it makes you happy- but I prefer Jeremy.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Just got home. I NEED TO SEE LAMBIEL'S PERFORMANCE NOW. Make it happen!

Custom Title
    Blades, two posts up.

ETA: Or just HERE

Quote Originally Posted by imaginarypogue View Post
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yay!!! Will watch in a moment.

I have faith in the swan futureidol's Avatar
    So happy for Stéphane

But I gotta be honest that FS was so sloppy on most of the jumps. Loved the choreo and spins as usual. Steph is rocking two tassels! Wonder what Johnny will have to say about that!

Custom Title
    I dunno - it wasn't perfect, but he fought throughout the whole thing but his program was such a natural fit for him.

Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Blades, two posts up.

ETA: Or just HERE
    That other link wasn't working...I got worried. Thank you!

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    hello
    i cant read 300 posts here, i just wanna say that this was a big party from the first group till the end
    music between the skaters, warm ups, how many times we danced to Billie Jean
    I want to say Lambiel and Joubert fan clubs are the best, not only they had bells and great cheering stuff that borrowed us, but they cheered for Plush and clapped as well, and of course me our section did the same for all!!!I had a big whistle cause my throat was closed from sp!
    Contesti had THe skate, he could not believe people's reaction!!!

My hightlight of the evening was the hug Plush gave to Stephan,i melted! i almost went crying!
    i ll comeback!

Umm...yeah.

Color me disappointed.

That was really not a great program from Lambiel.

It feels like he is interpreting the story of a Christmas Elf this season. His SP and LP are both so Christmas-y. I don't get it.

Lambiel, what is going on?!?

Custom Title
    Aww, disappointed you didn't like it. And you were so excited too!

Has there been any comment from Brian Joubert about what happened?

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast