Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread: Mens Free Skate

Dedicated follower of the black line Wicked's Avatar
    I read that Brian said after the competition that he didn't know what to do and that maybe he still wasn't ready for this program. It really made me sad. I get the sense that he is just overthinking everything. He looked so upset yesterday.

I am so happy for Stephane and very shocked that I actually like his costume to the new LP.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by antmanb View Post
    Lambiel - what can i say! Oh my goodness the SPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINS that last for ever they are so fluid, they don't lose speed - that is what spinning should be, why he doesn't 3 across the coard I don't know.
    It seems like everyone watched a different performance than I did?

Lambiel's spins in this performance were among the weakest I've ever seen from him. They were half his normal speed.

End subjectivity,reduce PCS, fix the COP! schiele's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    It seems like everyone watched a different performance than I did?

Lambiel's spins in this performance were among the weakest I've ever seen from him. They were half his normal speed.
    No I'm totally with you but apparently I don't count???

Quote Originally Posted by Kunstrijdster View Post
    Of course you count schiele, I'm glad you're still arround btw.
    Thanks.. Still trying to get over the nonsense scoring in Euros including for my favs (who were overscored in the top 3 or underscored below the 3), the meltdown of Brian, Tomas' hopeless situation and my increasing discontent with the direction the sport is going. I took a breather from the posting.
    K, remove the banner, maybe it'll help. I did remove mine. I lost most of my enthusiasm though, that may be another factor.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by schiele View Post
    No I'm totally with you but apparently I don't count???
    Sorry, I just read your comments!

Quote Originally Posted by Kunstrijdster View Post
    Yeah, I wanted to get rid of it but I hesitated because it was so cute... You are, of course, right about the over and underscoring. While that is not the main reason for my dissappointment with this event, I can understand your frustration. Would you have liked higher scores for Fernandez and Contesti?
    To say the least.. How about the fact that a totally clean Alban (ok with an underrotation in loop or smth but nevertheless) scored 131 when a Takahashi wiping the floors all over scores almost 135 in GPF? Yes yes different events scores not comparible, Takahashi has superior programmes and quality all I know but you cannot convince me a clean skater with a good programme should still score less than a disastrous programme with a great skater..
    I am also aware that the top 3 were not satisfactory enough in terms of performances or programmes yet got record breaking scores.. Etc etc etc.. I don't wanna get into all this, my stomach keeps turning upside down as we say it in Turkish..

Janetfan, as I already said in that thread, the skate Jeremy showed in nationals is gold worthy. No need to convince me. Now I'll check out your Laura's SP. Apparently it was quite good?

Ok just noticed the bannerless post.. Welcome in the club K!
    Last edited by schiele; 01-22-2010 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hauteor View Post
    Ah, thanks. Poor Brian and those puppy-dog eyes.

This photo is too funny... Joubert must be really disappointed. He wanted to beat Plushy in the FS, but instead he is beaten by Lambiel... I didn't like the FS of Joubert, I watched it too days ago and I've already forgot most of it.
    Nevertheless, I liked it better than Plushys. I can't stand his style, but it's just amazing how consistent he is. Always neary perfect or just perfect!
    The program I liked best is Lambiels. Brunner created another masterpiece with him, it's my favourite program this year (maybe not only this year...) He was just amazing and breathtaking!! I want to see him on the podium at olympics, together with Takahashi!!

I thought the podium was quite funny too watch. It looked like Plushy and Lamibel like each other, the handshake was very warm while Joubert shaked their hands really reserved...

Former figure skater and HUGE figure skating fan. n_halifax's Avatar
    I just rewatched Contesti's FS and can't get over how special it was! He puts a lot of determination and heart and soul into his programs and I'm just so thrilled he performed so well here.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Contesti had a great applause cause he was skating with all his, i just didnt like some landings he had, bad posture while in general it is not.
    Last edited by seniorita; 01-24-2010 at 06:59 PM. Reason: wrong thread..lol

Thank God for Stephane Lambiel and Matt Savoie! shine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yschntä View Post
    I thought the podium was quite funny too watch. It looked like Plushy and Lamibel like each other, the handshake was very warm while Joubert shaked their hands really reserved...
    IIRC Lambiel used to train with Plushenko in 2002 for a little while (wasn't there an off season that he spent training with Mishin and got both his quad and 3axel?) so they do appear closer. I also believe that out of all his competitors, Plushenko probably has the most respect for Lambiel because not only is Lambiel completely his own skater, has his own unique style, he's also totally committed to the athletic aspect of skating (ie. the jumps)

Quote Originally Posted by shine View Post
    IIRC Lambiel used to train with Plushenko in 2002 for a little while (wasn't there an off season that he spent training with Mishin and got both his quad and 3axel?) so they do appear closer. I also believe that out of all his competitors, Plushenko probably has the most respect for Lambiel because not only is Lambiel completely his own skater, has his own unique style, he's also totally committed to the athletic aspect of skating (ie. the jumps)
    Since nobody still pointing out why they are close, let me jump in finally. Lambiel toured with Plushenko on his King on Ice tours (and previous ones as well I think) so naturally they have a very good rapport. Brian never toured with either of them and has not been very fond of either during the competitive years.

Quote Originally Posted by shine View Post
    Since nobody still pointing out why they are close, let me jump in finally. Lambiel toured with Plushenko on his King on Ice tours (and previous ones as well I think) so naturally they have a very good rapport. Brian never toured with either of them and has not been very fond of either during the competitive years.
    I was just about to reply and then I saw that you replied Schiele! It is the fact they toured together that made them closer and become more friendly towards each other. If you remember straight after the tour when Pluschenk oannounced he would comeback for sure this season, he was asked who his greatest rivals would be and he said Lambiel and explained that he thought he would make a comeback...that was weeks before Lambiel actually announced his return, so they must have been friendly enough to be discussing their comebacks with each other.

Ant

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    yes it must have been these kind of discussions like:

"-So I come back first and you come back second, or the oppossite???
    - We flip a coin maybe?"

I have great images of plush and stephan in practice of gala and in competition, I m so happy about the hug on the podium, I mean I was like "can i come down to give a hug too?" :o
    I wish they had hug jouby also though, but I know these things come out spontanouesly

He has never been fond of either of them, yet his attitude towards them is different.
    He and Plush just hate each other. Stéphane and Brian are firece competitors, but Brian has no animosity towards him.

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast