Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
Results 331 to 342 of 342

Thread: Mens Free Skate

  1. #331
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    221
    Quote Originally Posted by NatachaHatawa View Post
    Stéphane and Brian are firece competitors, but Brian has no animosity towards him.
    Where have you been four years or so ago? There was a lot of trashtalk from Brians side, directed towards Buttle and Lambiel and skaters with a "feminine style", and it was only recently that he realized that this doesn't do him any favour and he went for a more diplomatic line.

  2. #332
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    I want Plushenkofest
    Posts
    923
    One question, is NBC or any US or Canadian Tv network showing Euros?

  3. #333
    Custom Title NatachaHatawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    724
    Quote Originally Posted by viv View Post
    Where have you been four years or so ago? There was a lot of trashtalk from Brians side, directed towards Buttle and Lambiel and skaters with a "feminine style", and it was only recently that he realized that this doesn't do him any favour and he went for a more diplomatic line.
    Those remarks, if they were aimed at anybody in particular, were aimed more at people like Jeff or Johnny. They were more aimed at people who see figure skating as a feminine sport, even in the mens' category. Ever since he was a kid he's wanted to prove that figure skating can be masculine.
    Brian has always recognised Stéphane's talents.
    The only bad word he had for him was when he withdrew from 2007 Euros, angry not to have his main competitor against him.

  4. #334
    leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,580
    I think it is in the aura of both of them, plush and joub. They are made of the same competitive pasta that's why they are both successful athletes. I could never see them friends cause both know that they are big threats to eachother and i think it is because of that. Lambiel is more cute kind of way and while he is as much a threat(if not more) he doesnt project the try to beat me image that plush does.

    I dont know hate eachother, it sounds too strong. Yag and Plush also used to 'hate each other' but now they dont compete together anymore Yag spoke of Plush with very kind words after Euros. I was surprised. I think the hate remains in the arena. Although Jouby said something nasty off the record in the bus, but was more funny than mean and he was not well anyway.

  5. #335
    Custom Title Moxie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    224
    Quote Originally Posted by Ximena View Post
    One question, is NBC or any US or Canadian Tv network showing Euros?
    Universal Sports
    Saturday, Feb 6
    2-4pm

    But not all of it, just the highlights. And if US Nats is any indication, the time is subject to multiple changes. :(

    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    I dont know hate eachother, it sounds too strong. Yag and Plush also used to 'hate each other' but now they dont compete together anymore Yag spoke of Plush with very kind words after Euros. I was surprised. I think the hate remains in the arena. Although Jouby said something nasty off the record in the bus, but was more funny than mean and he was not well anyway.
    I think Plushenko respects Joubert. He mentioned in an interview that Brian was capable of beating him in Vancouver. And Plushenko also mentioned in another interview a few years ago that while he wasn't friends with Yagudin, he thought well of him.

    While I think Joubert may have been upset to be bested again by two men who took much time off when he hasn't taken any time off. This is my own conjecture, ofc.

    What did Jouby say on the bus?

  6. #336
    leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,580
    it is not like a secret cause he said it with people around but I dont want to trash Joub.
    I think he was frustrated and it is nothing really, I think these Europeans were all about Diva Plush and Lambiel's comeback. After the Lp I mean. Joub is nice guy, i said that.

    I dont know if he was pissed off at Plush, I think the shock came from Lambiel. With Plush what to do?He skated after him and delivered. I have to confess that while I was in the arena I thought Lambiel was overscored. Ok I said it. I didnt count the first quad and he was stepping out of jumps and fell on step sequence, he was not fast, my overall image was that he did worse than Joub, in Tes. Anyway I was not counting, i m saying that while watching lambiel I thought joubert would be silver, but nevertheless, the moment I saw marks i screamed from joy seeing Stephan's score. And his program is the fav of season.

    I dont remember your other favs now K, but Verner no, he doesnt smoke. I mean i didnt see him. I dont understand how they can smoke and be top (gold)athletes. I dont know if Plush smokes, but if he does with all stamina issues and lung problem, I will personally kick his royal butt big time!

  7. #337
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,560
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    it is not like a secret cause he said it with people around but I dont want to trash Joub.
    Chances are that I won't feel he was unreasonable. I have never really felt offended by what he said before.

    Loved your detailed posts and views. They were so funny!

  8. #338
    Custom Title NatachaHatawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    724
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post

    I dont know hate eachother, it sounds too strong. Yag and Plush also used to 'hate each other' but now they dont compete together anymore Yag spoke of Plush with very kind words after Euros. I was surprised. I think the hate remains in the arena. Although Jouby said something nasty off the record in the bus, but was more funny than mean and he was not well anyway.
    I agree with you to a certain extent. There is undeniable animosity between them - though not as much as people believe. I think it's more a question of them loving to hate each other. You can feel that they don't like each other, but they are obviously happy to have each other as competitors.

  9. #339
    leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,580
    Just question after we were speaking about shows, why does not joubert tours europe with any of the tours (ok maybe not plushenko's if they dont get along) but I can think of many shows that would want him in their team. Is he expensive or something else. And I dont know, how often he has gone to korea and japan, the other euro guys go all the time for shows, now and before their retirement.

    Quote Originally Posted by skatingbc View Post
    I'd rather watch Patrick Chan fall all day than watch one more Plushenko program.
    the Olympics are near

    Oh i wanted to comment on many things, but i cant keep up, just about Javier: he was the hightlight of a newbie
    I just read the whole thread and I cracked up, it is funny to read back to back comments as they happen, the one who said that plush would drop dead and take the medal posthumously I give him the gold medal,I spit coffeee all over, cant stop laughing

    m going to read OD now, I m expecting a hell of comments

  10. #340
    Custom Title NatachaHatawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    724
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    Just question after we were speaking about shows, why does not joubert tours europe with any of the tours (ok maybe not plushenko's if they dont get along) but I can think of many shows that would want him in their team. Is he expensive or something else. And I dont know, how often he has gone to korea and japan, the other euro guys go all the time for shows, now and before their retirement.
    I think it might be because of timing. He doesn't like to do too many shows suring the competitive season and then for several months there is the stars sur glace
    tour.

  11. #341
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    221
    Quote Originally Posted by NatachaHatawa View Post
    Those remarks, if they were aimed at anybody in particular, were aimed more at people like Jeff or Johnny. They were more aimed at people who see figure skating as a feminine sport, even in the mens' category. Ever since he was a kid he's wanted to prove that figure skating can be masculine.
    Brian has always recognised Stéphane's talents.
    The only bad word he had for him was when he withdrew from 2007 Euros, angry not to have his main competitor against him.
    I think there were some harsh words of Brian towards Stephane in 2006, after Stephane won the Olympic silver medal and the Worlds title, but maybe I remember it wrong. I will try to find the quote in the internet.

  12. #342
    Custom Title NatachaHatawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    724
    Quote Originally Posted by viv View Post
    I think there were some harsh words of Brian towards Stephane in 2006, after Stephane won the Olympic silver medal and the Worlds title, but maybe I remember it wrong. I will try to find the quote in the internet.
    After Olys Brian clearly stated that he thought that Jeff didn't deserve bronze (although he thought that he himself should have been fourth - I wonder who he'd have putt third?). He also said that he believed that he couldn't have won gold, but that if he had done a good perfomance he could have won silver.
    After worlds, I didn't hear any bad words on Stéphane, on the contratry. He believed that Stéphane deserved gold and he was happy with his performance after the disaster at Olys.

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •