Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Entries

Whippet Good!
    Quote Originally Posted by snowflake View Post
    I have found it so booooring; all these discussions revolving around P during olympics and after. Can't stand another debate of "who can beat Plushenko?"
    No one. Unless one of the men skates with a quad and a perfect program, the judges will give Plushenko the gold. Even if the other men bring it, Plushenko will still probably get the gold.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    Russia needs The King in order to earn 3 spots for next year's Worlds. I'm glad he's thinking about The Team, and not himself, otherwise he could've just come back for the Olympics, and then run, as so many others have done throughout modern history. I give him huge kudos for going on to Worlds!
    When Plushenko won the Gold in Torino, he was NOT "thinking about the team" .
    Do you think he doeas it now? Or just running to try to work for his already paid money given by the Federation for the so-hoped Gold....?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
    No one. Unless one of the men skates with a quad and a perfect program, the judges will give Plushenko the gold. Even if the other men bring it, Plushenko will still probably get the gold.
    Oh I am almost certain Plush will win. Younger skaters like Kozuka and Brezina will get held down by PCS, Dai, Oda, Weir, Chan will likely not attempt quads, and Lysacek and Lambiel won't be there. The only men who can match Plush technically are: Abbott, Joubert, Verner, Bradley because they all have quads. That being said, they are probably the four most inconsistent skaters that will be at the event meaning....I think Plush has this one in the bag.

Rinkside
    Though it's not officially anounced yet, I've just heard the news that Yukari Nakano of Japan will not be there and also decided to finish her skating career.
    She's not been her best condition ever since her shoulder injury .

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdeal View Post
    When Plushenko won the Gold in Torino, he was NOT "thinking about the team" .
    Do you think he doeas it now? Or just running to try to work for his already paid money given by the Federation for the so-hoped Gold....?
    If there is one thing that holds true above all others, The King is a P A T R I O T through & through. His motherland comes first! One only need look at his career to see that this truth is self evident. He above all never left his country when the going got rough, not once, not once. And in return his country honors him by choosing Zhenya to be an Ambassador to the 2014 Sochi Olympic Winter Games! And he himself said that he was chagrined to see how poorly the Russian men were doing on the world stage, after once dominating it for almost 2 decades!, thus he came back, hopefully to try to lead them to bigger & better things. And despite injury & pain & age, he chooses to go to Worlds to try to earn 3 spots for Russia next year. This is a tiime for building, and he knows that better than anyone else. Therefore, he's hanging on in hopes of passing the torch to a new generation of dominant Russian men! Russia knows that without The King they would have never even gotten a silver medal at the Olympics, just a couple of bronzes. His performance was the highlight amongst a lackluster Russian showing at this Olympics, their worst ever in history! ALL HAIL THE KING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by mia-jp View Post
    Though it's not officially anounced yet, I've just heard the news that Yukari Nakano of Japan will not be there and also decided to finish her skating career.
    She's not been her best condition ever since her shoulder injury .

The news is lnow inked from Yahoo! Japan's top page:
    http://dailynews.yahoo.co.jp/fc/spor...ng/?1267576987

But the new source is one of tabloid-ish papers, and the JSF site still has Yukari's name of the entry list for WC so we don't know for sure yet.

Rough translation:
    "Yukari Nakano, 4th in the 2008 World Championships, will retire from competition, a source from JSF told on March 2. "The (shoulder) injury (affecting her skating) is the main reason, and this has already been announced within JSF," said the source. It will be announced officialy soon.
    Nakano was in the rooster for the coming World Championships starting from Mar 22, but withdrew last month due to the injury on the left shoulder not healing well.

Quote Originally Posted by mayamae_55 View Post
    and the JSF site still has Yukari's name of the entry list for WC so we don't know for sure yet.
    Now, Yukari's withdrawal is announced officially. Akiko goes instead.

Japanese only.
    http://www.skatingjapan.or.jp/whatsn...d=2&type=event

^^Thanks for the update. I am sorry that Yukari will not be at Worlds. I understand that she has a shoulder injury but is it true that she will retire? Akiko is a great replacement though.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    I just realized Korea has two spots, does this mean Min-Jung Kwak will be at Worlds this year? She so cute !
    Yup, Yu-na and Min-Jung will represent Korea as they did in Vancouver.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Dramahkween View Post
    I believe Israel's new pair team, Danielle Montalbano and Evgeni Krasnapolsky will be going! I hope to see their LP this time!
    I hope too! :-)

Whippet Good!
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    The only men who can match Plush technically are: Abbott, Joubert, Verner, Bradley because they all have quads. That being said, they are probably the four most inconsistent skaters that will be at the event meaning....I think Plush has this one in the bag.
    And if they hit, they'll be held down in PCS and GOE, so that Plushenko will win. I think the only way Plushenko won't win is if he doesn't go.

Custom Title
    personnaly--i think all medals winners should go--why just the thought of trying -competiting is a win in itself-you don't lose the medal/gold/silver or bronze--what you lose is some of the public respect (for me and few other people i know-manly backing) why- it isn't we don't think you will win, we don't care if you win-we care if you try--put yourself on the line-see what you come up with-maybe you would surprise yourself and us--just by trying. stating to public-i may be tired, i might win, but come what may-i will give my best.
    if you don't go to worlds- we don't know that. we might think you chicken out or worried about losing more than trying . i know dumb but some in public might think your are afraid of the commitment and maybe cant handle bulleyes on back if you win ogm. look at complaining --how much we have why
    since 1994-how many ogm winners showed up at worlds--medal winners.
    how we think of past generations of olympic medal winners--how many ogm went to worlds after--let see--dick, peggy, kristi, katarina, gordeeva-grinkov, sonja henje, hayes jenkins, barbara ann scott--medal winners, janet, linda, annette, most of pair/dance teams.
    michelle, irinia, brian, brian, liz manley, deb thomas,
    sarah tried in 2003-didn't work out but did it hurt her no--it might have helped
    let see since 1994
    nancy, tara, oksana, shizuka--we are complaining about why certian skaters are above others --go figure
    ilia, -
    in past who didn't go
    rosalyn-carruthers,
    sorry i know more us than i do other countries,
    but we as public hope/count on them being there at worlds. in someways it diminishes them-not the medal but them as a person/character.sorry--but that is how i see some of them.
    if they planned on going before medal-why should a medal/not medaling change their minds--what are they afraid of-beside losing gold/medal--to us they lost hope/maybe felt money was more important--yes you have all the medals you wanted--we know that. what about just going out to try-for sport-you usually won't lose-(unless controvsery in win anyway)
    but how will public perceive you later on in years after all said and done/olympic died down/
    shizuka good skater --ogm/title, etc-but best-why she didn't try after. we hear the explanations-we understand-but we still prefer to see you try-come what may.

Question. Do the Gold Medal Winners at Worlds automatically get 3 spots for their country? I think they do but I have a brain freeze.

Custom Title
    Yes, they do, leastways that's my understanding.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    Do the Gold Medal Winners at Worlds automatically get 3 spots for their country?
    If there is only one skater representing a country, and that skater finishes first or second, then the country gets 3 spots the next year. If there are two or three skaters representing a country, then the top two must have placements totaling 13 or under. If one wins gold, the next best must be 12th or better. This is from Rule 378 of the ISU Special Regulations and Technical Rules.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast