Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Entries

Custom Title
    Thanks for the clarification, RUKen, I must've had a brain freeze also.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by RUKen View Post
    If there is only one skater representing a country, and that skater finishes first or second, then the country gets 3 spots the next year. If there are two or three skaters representing a country, then the top two must have placements totaling 13 or under. If one wins gold, the next best must be 12th or better. This is from Rule 378 of the ISU Special Regulations and Technical Rules.
    How come Korea only has two spots then and not three if Yuna won last year and she was the only person from Korea to compete in the ladies event?

Quote Originally Posted by RUKen View Post
    If there is only one skater representing a country, and that skater finishes first or second, then the country gets 3 spots the next year. If there are two or three skaters representing a country, then the top two must have placements totaling 13 or under. If one wins gold, the next best must be 12th or better. This is from Rule 378 of the ISU Special Regulations and Technical Rules.
    Thanks for the info and clarification.

Rinkside
    http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...e_pressrelease

If Rochette is performing in Connecticut on March 19th, it's pretty unlikely she's competing in the World Championships in Torino on the 22nd right?

Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    I understand that she has a shoulder injury but is it true that she will retire?
    Her retirement has not announced officially, but I think she will ... as she starts working at Fuji TV this spring, and it's not a special spot like an athlete spot.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by louieb2009 View Post
    http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...e_pressrelease

If Rochette is performing in Connecticut on March 19th, it's pretty unlikely she's competing in the World Championships in Torino on the 22nd right?
    Joannie performs in Connecticut on Friday, the 19th, and the Ladies SP is on Friday the 26th, a week later, so there should be no problem. She'll probably leave for Torino on Saturday and have plenty of time to unwind before her first practice.

Custom Title
    Yu-na is going; apparently, after the Olympics, instead of resting, she and Brian Orser started critiquing and looking for weaknesses to improve on between now and World's. Intense, yeah. But she said she was going, regardless if she won the gold at the Olys or not beforehand.

Custom Title
    It it true that Ryan Bradley broke his ankle? Is he still competing at worlds or will Adam Rippon skate instead...?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateSkates View Post
    It it true that Ryan Bradley broke his ankle? Is he still competing at worlds or will Adam Rippon skate instead...?
    I thought Ryan Bradley was just named as Evan Lysacek's replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by SkateSkates View Post
    OMG I hope not... I will go into all sorts of depression.

Custom Title
    If Ryan broke his ankle, it must have just happened, because he was just named to the World Team a few days ago.

And I still haven't seen confirmation of the rumor posted above that Vaughn Chipeur has withdrawn.

Custom Title
    Ryan Bradley's latest Twitter from 7 hours ago:

"Working on your components really hurts sometimes."

http://twitter.com/ryansbradley

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilith11 View Post
    Yu-na is going; apparently, after the Olympics, instead of resting, she and Brian Orser started critiquing and looking for weaknesses to improve on between now and World's. Intense, yeah.
    Wow, dedication, and what a competitor! For the sake of the sport itself and for her fans, i hope she remains competitive for as long as possible!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan O View Post
    Ryan Bradley's latest Twitter from 7 hours ago:

"Working on your components really hurts sometimes."

http://twitter.com/ryansbradley
    Ahh please tell me he is ok! That LP really deserves another go!

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast