Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Thread: Entries

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Most of the consistent skaters have pulled out of the competition, leaving only Chan and Oda as the remaining two non-headcases. I have no idea if all these withdrawals will alleviate the pressure on the now top contenders or cause them to want it too much or think they already have it in the bag.

In short:

We don't know which Joubert will show up.

We don't know which Abbott will show up.

We don't know which Takahashi will show up.

We don't know which Bradley will show up.

We don't know which Contesti will show up.

If the evin twin version of all those men show up at worlds, the podium will consist of: Chan, Oda, and Berzina/Kozuka. If the good version of those skaters show up, it's anyones game.

I agree but Chan hasn't been THAT consistent this year.

With Plushy out, is Dai the most likely to win this event?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    With Plushy out, is Dai the most likely to win this event?
    Yes but who knows what will go on with Takahashi.
    Last edited by gmyers; 03-19-2010 at 06:21 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Layfan View Post

Agreed. Both Chan and Takahashi have had rough seasons coming back from injury/sickness. If anything, Chan's the one that hasn't showed that he's fully back (whereas, on purely logical grounds, 2 consecutive successful competitions shows that Takahashi's season shows a more upward trend).

Custom Title

Compared to Abbott, Bradley, Joubert, and Takahashi....he's pretty consistent.

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Compared to Abbott, Bradley, Joubert, and Takahashi....he's pretty consistent.
    Well, considering he was recovering from an injury and with his coaching situation he did pretty well at the Olympics. He's not really the meltdown type. But my money is still on Takahashi finishing ahead of Chan. We will see.

Here's an article from Ice Network: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news.

This really got my attention:

At the 2006 worlds in Nagano

Oh, boy!

Custom Title
    Well, considering he was recovering from an injury and with his coaching situation he did pretty well at the Olympics. He's not really the meltdown type. But my money is still on Takahashi finishing ahead of Chan. We will see.
    You just never know with Takahashi, at 2008 4CC he landed 2 quads and 2 3a, got a score of like 175 and was fantastic, but at the GPF this year his FS was a mess, he made up all his spins and got a very embarrassing FS score of about 130. Same thing can be said for Abbott. Chan only usually makes mistakes on his 3a, Dai and Jeremy are capable of making mistakes on EVERYTHING

Custom Title
    Japan's contingent, including Daisuke Takahashi, who became the first Japanese man to win an Olympic figure skating medal, a bronze, in Vancouver; seventh-place finisher Nobunari Oda; and eighth-place finisher Takahiko Kozuka, will also be strong, especially if they can crank up their quads
    If they can crank up their quads? What did the Olympics and past two worlds show? LOL!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    If they can crank up their quads? What did the Olympics and past two worlds show? LOL!

Well, to be correct Kozuka landed a quad in his LP in Vancouver, jump which eluded him most of the time. But Oda does them only in practice and Dai never regained his since his surgery. Still, this is a powerful trio, and we could pretty much expect two of the japanese on the podium. They follow their ladies footsteps towards dominating the singles man skating. Perhaps the first ever gold in men for Japan? Let's see if that comes true.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14