Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 205

Thread: Entries

  1. #166
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Hmm. Maybe there will be articles tomorrow?
    No articles yet, but according to what was posted on Czech board, Tomas has withdrawn, because he's not in form. Good decision IMO, he has already had a rough season and does not need another dissapointment at Worlds.

  2. #167
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    30
    Am I the only one, who think that the ice dance field is really tiny this year?
    Usually there are much more teams participating at the World Championships (30+)
    Why is ice dance so unpopular this year?

  3. #168
    "Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Storybrooke, Maine
    Posts
    3,674
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirti View Post
    Tomas Verner is withdrawn, replaced by Pavel Kaska
    That is really a shame. I will greatly miss him.

  4. #169
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    670
    Quote Originally Posted by Selina11 View Post
    Am I the only one, who think that the ice dance field is really tiny this year?
    Usually there are much more teams participating at the World Championships (30+)
    Why is ice dance so unpopular this year?
    I believe this is a direct consequence from the new rules of reducing the number of teams making it to the FD. All the big teams and natios are there, but the ones that usually fill up the field to above 30+ are the teams that didnt make it to the Free at Europeans (The Slovakian, Finn, Swiss, etc). If they couldnt do it at Euros, much less at Worlds so they dont bother.

  5. #170
    Dedicated follower of the black line Wicked's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    On the shores of the Chesapeake Bay
    Posts
    882
    Bummer about Tomas. I wonder if he's going to retire. If he continues, I hope he finds a new coach and a sports psychologist.

  6. #171
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    4,957
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked View Post
    Bummer about Tomas. I wonder if he's going to retire. If he continues, I hope he finds a new coach and a sports psychologist.
    I think he said he's going to continue, but that was before he withdrew at Worlds. He may as well continue if Czech Republic gets 2 spots at worlds next year, where Michal is the only other internationally competitive male Tomas doesn't have to worry about not getting GP and other international assignments. It looks like he's going to be in a few shows, I bet he will be great in those, love his exhibition pieces . It looks like Tomas has lost a lot of weight this year, he looked pale and skinny at the Olympics, I think that flu must have been pretty bad. Patrick got the flu before Tomas did and even he still seems to be not quite up to his usual form. Given the questioning of whether Brian and Carolina were up for competing at Worlds, I think Tomas has maybe made the right choice, especially if we see Brian and Carolina meltdown again

  7. #172
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    4,957
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked View Post
    Bummer about Tomas. I wonder if he's going to retire. If he continues, I hope he finds a new coach and a sports psychologist.
    http://www.tomasverner.com/About-Tom...s.article.aspx
    From the sounds of this blurb on his website, it appears that he WILL continue. I think it's smart that he's trying to figure out what caused his season to go so poorly and regroup before next season. Good luck Tomas!

  8. #173
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,560
    Bradley is still going. He's even practicing quads now with injured foot.

    http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

  9. #174
    Custom Title Joesitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    20,185
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    I think he said he's going to continue, but that was before he withdrew at Worlds. He may as well continue if Czech Republic gets 2 spots at worlds next year, where Michal is the only other internationally competitive male Tomas doesn't have to worry about not getting GP and other international assignments. It looks like he's going to be in a few shows, I bet he will be great in those, love his exhibition pieces . It looks like Tomas has lost a lot of weight this year, he looked pale and skinny at the Olympics, I think that flu must have been pretty bad. Patrick got the flu before Tomas did and even he still seems to be not quite up to his usual form. Given the questioning of whether Brian and Carolina were up for competing at Worlds, I think Tomas has maybe made the right choice, especially if we see Brian and Carolina meltdown again
    I believe Figure Skating takes its toll on the competitors. They are in the rink 3-5 days a week at 5am and than into school or work, or in dance class. They are constantly busy every day. I can understand that some skaters' resistance get torn apart and they become ill easily. Hopefully Tomas and Patrick have good medical doctors who know about good nutrition.

  10. #175
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,643
    I heard Andrea Joyce say during a grand prix event that Verner has worked with sports psychologists.

  11. #176
    Vancouver 2010, 247.23, Bronze
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,989
    Zhenya isn't going.

  12. #177
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    147
    According to FSU: Plushenko has withdrawn and will be replaced by Sergei Voronov

    Victoria Hecht / Christopher Trefil (HUN) are also out, because thy had split after Europeans...

  13. #178
    Whippet Good!
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    674
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsuhs View Post
    Zhenya isn't going.
    Hallelujah!

  14. #179
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    584
    I like Plushenko and wished he had won the gold but this is the right move. If he still is truely interested in competing in Sochi then that is what he should do but until then, he should take it easy and concentrate on doing his shows. To beside Voronov deserves a chance to go to worlds.

  15. #180
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    4,221
    Man, this is weird, early this AM I unexpectedly started thinking about The King & was worried about his participation at Worlds because of all his injuries, so after not having a single thought about skating for at least a week, I decided to check the skating boards on a lark & this is the first thing I read.

    Seriously, I'm not surprised, though I am a tad disappointed for Zhenya, but not really, he's accomplished it all, and more. He has nothing more to prove -- accolades galore -- a legend. His name will forever be amongst the Giants of the sport ~ Grafstrom, Henie, Plushenko ~ 3peat Olympians.

    Thank you, Zhenya, for the honest to God joy you've brought me this past year with your return to skating. You made me love skating again, lol even to the point of shelling out $4400 for two tickets to see you skate at the Olympics (my first ever btw)! And as promised, if you skate in Sochi in 2014, I & my baby niece will be there to watch you skate (again). Only you, only you, nobody else. SPASIBA!!!!

    Until next time, King...*waving goodbye for now*

    ps: Thank You, God, for Zhenya's return. Without YOU it wouldn't have been possible. Miracles do happen!*smile*

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •