Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Entries

Custom Title
    Well, now Gold is really up for grabs!!

Hopefully we got a cleaner competition than at Vancouver.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicFairy View Post
    According to FSU: Plushenko has withdrawn and will be replaced by Sergei Voronov

Victoria Hecht / Christopher Trefil (HUN) are also out, because thy had split after Europeans...
    Oh gosh, Jeremy better medal now, he has no excuse not too! And Joubert.

Custom Title
    Chan is going to win!! 100% guarantee!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicFairy View Post
    According to FSU: Plushenko has withdrawn and will be replaced by Sergei Voronov

Victoria Hecht / Christopher Trefil (HUN) are also out, because thy had split after Europeans...
    Daisuke for the win!

Hey everybody! After taking a long break after the Olympics to recover (US is reairing the Olympics), it's time for the Worlds.

I'm kinda shocked that Plushy pulled out because I expected him to win. But hey at least we'll get him for a full cycle starting next season. With that said... it could be a Japanese sweep in the men's event. Dice-K, Nobu, and Kozuka finished 3rd, 7th, and 8th at the Olympics, which means they are currently the 1st, 3rd, and 4th ranked skaters going into Torino next week (thanks to Evan, Plushy, Stephane, and Johnny's withdraws). Also there is a chance P-Chiddy (no more Chose One for Chan since the Worlds is in Italy) can win a World title or even J-Abb to medal. I do hope Joubert redeems himself from what happened in Vancouver because I would be mad if he pulled the same stunt at Worlds. I'm also happy to see Adam skate his SP one more time this season. Finally the Class of 2014 can really start the battle for Gold in Sochi.

Custom Title
    This does make me wonder if Plushenko really had no intention of continuing would the doctors have told him to take a two week rest? Or would they be like 2010 worlds is the last time you will skate in a competition-go ahead.

Custom Title
    I wouldn't hold my breath expecting Plushenko to do the "full cycle" next season. I don't think his body can handle the pounding of a full season.

Custom Title
    I want Brezina to medal!!!! Anyone think he has a shot? I love those Czech guys SUPER cute

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Oh gosh, Jeremy better medal now, he has no excuse not too! And Joubert.
    Jeremy never had an excuse. He always had the potential to medal with or without Plush, Evan Joubert and everyone else. It's a matter of him holding it together.
    With Plush in the picture, Jeremy had a great show at medaling if he could just deliver. With Plush out, he has a much better shot at winning.

Well, now it's even more a question of which guy will hold it together. The competition now seems mostly made up of inconsistent skaters.

My money is now on Oda to make the podium because for all his faults, he has been one of the most reliable skaters all season.

I wonder if we could see a Japanese sweep. Not out of the question.

Here is my new prediction:

1. Dai
    2. Oda/Chan
    3. Jeremy/Kozuka

But I really hope Joubert does well and that Jeremy either wins or gets silver below Dai or Joubert.

Vancouver 2010, 247.23, Bronze
    I think with the current entries for mens it's going to be one of the best Worlds ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsuhs View Post
    I think with the current entries for mens it's going to be one of the best Worlds ever.
    For skating fans maybe but for the general population, except Japan, who ever wins will be one of the most unknown world champions ever.
    UNLESS it's Jeremy, because he'll be hyped in the states. Or BRIAN because he'd be a two-time world champ and be hyped in France and have great comeback story and because he's hot. Chan would get considerable press if he won but I doubt anyone outside Canada will really turn their heads.

But that's no different from any other post-Olympic world championships, I suppose.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Layfan View Post
    Here is my new prediction:

1. Dai
    2. Oda/Chan
    3. Jeremy/Kozuka
    I've never understood it when people have "[Skater1]/[Skater2]" in their predictions, but don't leave a space open for the second of the pair before the next pair of skaters. I'm assuming you don't mean that whomever between Oda and Chan who doesn't get silver will place behind either Jeremy or Kozuka... If you're predicting what I'm understanding you to predict (i.e. that Oda/Chan are likely to place ahead of Jeremy/Kozuka, but you're not sure of the order of the respective pairs), shouldn't it read:
    2., 3. Oda/Chan
    4., 5. Jeremy/Kozuka?

Vancouver 2010, 247.23, Bronze
    For skating fans maybe but for the general population, except Japan, who ever wins will be one of the most unknown world champions ever.
    Yep, I was talking as a fs fan. There's no one clear and 'sure' winner at this Worlds. The guys better skate their best. And I think you're right reg Japan. It'd be a great break through if... but I do no jinxing.

UNLESS it's Jeremy, because he'll be hyped in the states. Or BRIAN because he'd be a two-time world champ and be hyped in France and have great comeback story and because he's hot. Chan would get considerable press if he won but I doubt anyone outside Canada will really turn their heads.
    I don't see how hype in either the US, Canada or France is any better/ more useful for the future of the sport/ of more significance compared to that in Japan.

Custom Title
    Most of the consistent skaters have pulled out of the competition, leaving only Chan and Oda as the remaining two non-headcases. I have no idea if all these withdrawals will alleviate the pressure on the now top contenders or cause them to want it too much or think they already have it in the bag.

In short:

We don't know which Joubert will show up.

We don't know which Abbott will show up.

We don't know which Takahashi will show up.

We don't know which Bradley will show up.

We don't know which Contesti will show up.

If the evin twin version of all those men show up at worlds, the podium will consist of: Chan, Oda, and Berzina/Kozuka. If the good version of those skaters show up, it's anyones game.

Quote Originally Posted by SerpentineSteps View Post
    I've never understood it when people have "[Skater1]/[Skater2]" in their predictions, but don't leave a space open for the second of the pair before the next pair of skaters. I'm assuming you don't mean that whomever between Oda and Chan who doesn't get silver will place behind either Jeremy or Kozuka... If you're predicting what I'm understanding you to predict (i.e. that Oda/Chan are likely to place ahead of Jeremy/Kozuka, but you're not sure of the order of the respective pairs), shouldn't it read:
    2., 3. Oda/Chan
    4., 5. Jeremy/Kozuka?
    Okay fine:

1. Dai
    2. Oda
    3. Chan/Jeremy/Kozuka

I guess predicting that Dai will be good enough for gold even if he makes a minor mistake or two. Oda or Chan will skate clean and grab silver when the others mess up. But more likely Oda will edge out an imperfect Chan, who will settle for bronze.
    Jeremy will either 1. do great in the SP but then flub in the FS and slip to third or just off the podium. 2. mess up on the SP and then lift himself in the SP to bronze or fourth.
    At least that would be better than a total meltdown for him like at 2009 worlds and the Olympics.
    course, what I really hope is that everyone is perfect.
    If that happens, here are my predictions:
    1. Jeremy
    2. Dai
    3. Joubert

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast