Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Entries

I have faith in the swan futureidol's Avatar
    Can anyone confirm that Bradley indeed fractured his ankle? Besides a vague twitter entry I mean.

Updating entry list!

n_halifax ... you have some job to do here

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Sazzy View Post
    Wow, dedication, and what a competitor! For the sake of the sport itself and for her fans, i hope she remains competitive for as long as possible!
    Yu-na is DEFINITELY a competitive person; a user on a forum once commented (I'm sorry, I don't remember who >.<) that Yu-na's best wins (2009 Worlds, Grand Prix, etc) are always when Mao (her main "rival" though we know the media hypes that up) is present. Girl doesn't like to lose and it shows ;D I mean, just look at the SP at the Olys; Mao gets a 73 something and then she goes and skates clean and comes back with a 78 something.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    There's nothing on US figure skating's website about Bradley withdrawing. If he had fractured his ankle, you'd think that would have been in their release where they said Miner was replaced by Messing at Jr. Worlds. Miner's problem is an ankle--I wonder if there is confusion with that.

Custom Title
    Yeah, and I posted Ryan Bradley's Twitter link above and it looks like he is still going.

Btw, has it been determined whether Vaughn Chipeur is going or not?

Since iam still happy to have the skating season not quite over yet i came to see the discussion on who is going. Its very unclear after this Olympic year. I hope we have an updated list very soon. Would have loved to see Adam Rippon and Shawn Saywer get a chance but i think Shawn will be in a show, and is not the next in line anyway. Would be wonderful if Weir could medal.

Custom Title
    It looks like the injury to Ryan Bradley might be true afterall.

Here is his latest Twitter entry:

Sometimes things just happen, and you can't figure out why. I will keep looking out for that break.

http://twitter.com/ryansbradley

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan O View Post
    Btw, has it been determined whether Vaughn Chipeur is going or not?
    It seems not - guess they gave up hope in poor Vaughny. Skate BC website seems to be congratulating Kevin Reynolds on a spot on the World Championship team...unless PChiddy is out, it seems Kevin is the hope for 3 spots next year.

http://skatinginbc.com/content/home.asp

Custom Title
    I'd rather see Chipeur go. Don't know why he wouldn't be going unless he was injured.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    No Bradley???

Quote Originally Posted by RUKen View Post
    If there is only one skater representing a country, and that skater finishes first or second, then the country gets 3 spots the next year. If there are two or three skaters representing a country, then the top two must have placements totaling 13 or under. If one wins gold, the next best must be 12th or better. This is from Rule 378 of the ISU Special Regulations and Technical Rules.
    Then the Federation will decide if it is worth (money) sending 3 skaters to Worlds?

Custom Title
    What does 1 skater have to do to gain 2 spots? (a la Carolina Kostner last year at Worlds; people seemed to expect of her to gain two spots so Valentina Marchei could also go to the Olympics; of course; she bombed drastically...). But no one could have seriously 'expected' of her to defend her silver medal; I mean; they must have been aiming at something like top 5?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    No Bradley???
    Yeah what is the deal with him? I haven't seen any articles about his withdrawal yet, but if he really is hurt that makes me really sad, I will miss him so much next year!

Quote Originally Posted by Trewyn View Post
    What does 1 skater have to do to gain 2 spots?
    Be among the ten best.

Whippet Good!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trewyn View Post
    What does 1 skater have to do to gain 2 spots? (a la Carolina Kostner last year at Worlds; people seemed to expect of her to gain two spots so Valentina Marchei could also go to the Olympics; of course; she bombed drastically...). But no one could have seriously 'expected' of her to defend her silver medal; I mean; they must have been aiming at something like top 5?
    One skater only has to place in the top 10. Carolina should've been able to do that.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast