Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Entries

Custom Title
    when will the official entry list come up for worlds.
    also maybe we should just state which skater from olympics isn't going, since it seems like most are.

Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Yeah what is the deal with him? I haven't seen any articles about his withdrawal yet, but if he really is hurt that makes me really sad, I will miss him so much next year!
    Wow, looks like Adam Rippon is going to get A BIG break..

In the case of Adam, who i would love to see at World, how much time does he prepare for this? You would have thought he would have believed his competitive season was finished and he was perhaps preparing exhibition programs. I hope its enough time. Aww my only other wish was that Shawn Sawyer could have gone too.

Custom Title
    The men's event is going to suck if neither Ryan Bradley nor Vaughn Chipeur is there.

Omg.. I really want Ryan to go :(

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan O View Post
    The men's event is going to suck if neither Ryan Bradley nor Vaughn Chipeur is there.
    Vaughn Chipeur sucked mightily in Vancouver--he made it to the FS only because he was Canadian. The last thing Skate Canada needs is for Vaughn to not qualify for the Worlds FS, because he won't get that break again in Torino.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    Omg.. I really want Ryan to go :(
    Ah so is he going or not? I'm so confused!

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    The only only announcement that USFS has made is that he is going.

Someone suggested that his last tweet may refer to John Coughlin's mother's death.

Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Someone suggested that his last tweet may refer to John Coughlin's mother's death.
    that may very well be, FSOWebmaster reported her death on GS and one of the quotes was that she made John and Ryn both promise they'd continue skating, so obviously he was close to the family.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    Vaughn Chipeur sucked mightily in Vancouver--he made it to the FS only because he was Canadian. The last thing Skate Canada needs is for Vaughn to not qualify for the Worlds FS, because he won't get that break again in Torino.
    He did not suck. He got all his jumps except his triple axel. And he was actually a bit undermarked. He was certainly not held up because he was Canadian.

It was Patrick Chan who sucked and who was held up.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan O View Post
    He did not suck. He got all his jumps except his triple axel. And he was actually a bit undermarked. He was certainly not held up because he was Canadian.

It was Patrick Chan who sucked and who was held up.
    Chipeur's SP: 3a fall out, hand down; 3f+2t, 3z, stumble on footwork

Song Choi Ri (KOR) landed 3a, 3f+3t, 3z
    Abzal Rakimgaliev landed 3a hand down, step out; 3f+3t, 3z

Chipeur popped both 3a attempts in the FS and landed only 4 clean triples.

Ri and Rakimgaliev skated better than Chipeur in the SP but were placed below him. Chipeur placed higher only based on PCS, which is highly subjective. It is PCS which allowed Chan to place 5th when he should have been no higher than 8th.

I'm Canadian and I agree!! Chipeur was the wrong person to send to the Olympics with PChiddy.

Custom Title
    I don't care that much for Chipeur either, but I don't really think Kevin Reynolds or Shawn Sawyer are any better. PChiddy is the only real good men's skater in Canada now since Buttle's retirement. It's the same with the ladies, Joannie is great and the rest not so much. I'm hoping Amelie Lacoste will continue to improve though, I actually like her skating.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    I don't care that much for Chipeur either, but I don't really think Kevin Reynolds or Shawn Sawyer are any better.
    NOT true. Look at their GP records:

7th (179.58), 2nd (203.91) SAWYER
    7th (188.47), 6th (190.23) REYNOLDS
    12th (155.43), 11th (176.36) CHIPEUR

Chipeur finished last of the 24 skaters who made it to the Olympics FS, which dovetailed perfectly with his GP record.

I am sure Reynolds and Sawyer would surely have done better than that.

Custom Title
    NOT true. Look at their GP records:

7th (179.58), 2nd (203.91) SAWYER
    7th (188.47), 6th (190.23) REYNOLDS
    12th (155.43), 11th (176.36) CHIPEUR

Chipeur finished last of the 24 skaters who made it to the Olympics FS, which dovetailed perfectly with his GP record.

I am sure Reynolds and Sawyer would surely have done better than that.
    They didn't at Canadian nationals though, so I'm not so sure. They might not have been able to take the pressure. I mean, who thought Joubert, Contesti, and Verner would end up 16th, 18th, and 19th at the Olympics? You can't reasonably argue that Reynolds and Sawyer are better than Joubert, Contesti, and Verner and if those three finished that low, the two other Canadians could have easily finished around 23rd like Vaughn did.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast