Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Entries

Custom Title
    And again 'Joelle Forter TBC'. Like there is a chance she'll be there. After Nebelhorn and Euros; as if. Looks like Fedor Andreev gave up trying.

Carolina Kostner and Joubert still on the entry list.

I think 'Saulius AMBRULEVICIUS' is a totally cool name.

Rinkside
    Sorry, but i should ask a question. Does anyone know about Oda Nobunari's FS Music? After the 'Limelight'. I really waant to know about this Song

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Mysliveckova/Novak are IN! So glad she recovered from her injury!

BTW, I do wonder at DomShabs being listed as in. Perhaps no one bothered to update the ISU on their status.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Mysliveckova/Novak are IN! So glad she recovered from her injury!

BTW, I do wonder at DomShabs being listed as in. Perhaps no one bothered to update the ISU on their status.
    DomShabs recently announced they were joining Ilya Averbuch's tour for all the dates, which would preclude them from going to Worlds.

Riazanova/Tkachenko and Rubleva/Shefer are listed as subsititutes on the entry list. The question is which team will replace DomShabs at Worlds.

Custom Title
    I guess will be Rubleva/Schaefer since they won a rest some days ago.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Trewyn View Post
    Carolina Kostner still on the entry list.
    Never meant not to be. She is already there

Quote Originally Posted by Trewyn View Post

I think 'Saulius AMBRULEVICIUS' is a totally cool name.
    Sounds like something out of Harry Potter. Hahah.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetime View Post
    Sorry, but i should ask a question. Does anyone know about Oda Nobunari's FS Music? After the 'Limelight'. I really waant to know about this Song
    There is the movie, Limelight which you can hear it throughout. It's one of Chaplin's more serious movies. B&S used it but not the story. The story was from a silent film. City Lights.

On the Ice

Skate Canada announcement

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan O View Post
    I think Chipeur was undermarked in the free program. He skated better than Verner, Joubert and Lindemann, and should have finished ahead of them. Chipeur may have missed his 2 triple axels, but he didn't fall and spend half of his program on his backside like the others did. They made far more mistakes. I think several of those guys were held up above Vaughn because of their previous standings at the World level.
    I totally agree. Ryan he was undermarked. Those of us who cannot compete at that level are quick to judge Chipeur. As I said before none of us remotely could even make it to Olympics but we sure can come up with answers for failure!!
    Skate Canada Announcement
    A torn anterior talofibular ligament on his right foot will keep two-time Canadian silver medalist Vaughn Chipeur from the 2010 ISU World Figure Skating Championships. Chipeur had been coping with a nagging injury in the foot for most of the skating season, but an MRI after he finished competing in men’s singles at the 2010 OIympic Winter Games in Vancouver revealed the severity of the injury. The ligament on the outside of his foot is torn away from the bone and may require surgery to repair the damage.

Chipeur was disappointed with the turn of events, but optimistic about his future. “My Olympic experience has really re-energized my love of skating and competing. I’m interested in continuing to skate, and to progress in the sport, and look forward to coming back next season even stronger.”

Chipeur trains with coach Scott Davis at Calgary’s Calalta Skating Club. Davis said, “given the extent of the injury, it wouldn’t allow Vaughn to train properly for Worlds. The injury affects both the picking of the toe into the ice for some jumps and the landing of all of his jumps.” Davis also complimented Chipeur on his handling of the disappointment, “Vaughn is a fierce competitor and he’s dealt with this setback really well, and we are both looking forward to a healthy, strong season next year.”

Maybe his injury was why he was so bad in Vancouver.

It would be cool if he and Sawyer stayed in until Sochi - they'll both be 29! Which some people seem to think is over the hill on here..

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    Maybe his injury was why he was so bad in Vancouver.

It would be cool if he and Sawyer stayed in until Sochi - they'll both be 29! Which some people seem to think is over the hill on here..
    Only for ladies really. I'm hoping Joubert sticks around for another Olympics so he can redeem himself, he'd be 29 in 2014 too. Tomas is a couple years younger than Joubert but I just really really hope he sticks around for at least a couple more years if not until the next Olympics, he's had a rough season and it would be so sad if he quit now, he brings joy to skating!

Custom Title
    I think Michael Brezina is the future for men's skating in his country, rather than Tomas Verner.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan O View Post
    I think Michael Brezina is the future for men's skating in his country, rather than Tomas Verner.
    Right-on!! and I would add the World if he gets a new coach and choreographer.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    Right-on!! and I would add the World if he gets a new coach and choreographer.
    I love Michal too. But Tomas has everything to be on top if he would just deliver once in a while. They are both great!

Medalist
    And Joannie is out - she is not listed on the official entries list on the ISU website - she is being replaced by Myriane Samson. There is no official word up on Skate Canada yet, just on the ISU page.

There goes two spots for Canada - looks like we're back to the days of Susan Humphries again...

(Not that I don't love Cynthia and Myriane - they're both beautiful skaters, but reminiscent of Alissa Czisny - no consistency :S)

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast