Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Entries

Custom Title
    In pairs, Stina Martini/Severin Kiefer from Austria are out, I don´t understand why! :(((((((((((((((

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicFairy View Post
    In pairs, Stina Martini/Severin Kiefer from Austria are out, I don´t understand why! :(((((((((((((((
    They have only skated in junior this season, maybe they are not ready... ?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirti View Post
    Maybe...but it would be wonderful, if we have pair skaters at the European/World Championships, because we had no pair skaters from Austria since ?100 years?
    It´s a shame, that they are out from the list! :(((

Custom Title
    So no Joannie? I will miss seeing her skate, but this bodes well for the American girls, they have a very good shot at medaling now!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirti View Post
    Plus they were dead last at Junior Worlds.. Seniors is too much of a big stage for them.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiKike View Post
    Plus they were dead last at Junior Worlds.. Seniors is too much of a big stage for them.
    But they need the experience!

Custom Title
    And maybe, they will never compete at the European/World Championships... :( Who knows, what horrible rules the ISU makes after this season! :(

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    Maybe his injury was why he was so bad in Vancouver.

It would be cool if he and Sawyer stayed in until Sochi - they'll both be 29! Which some people seem to think is over the hill on here..
    I read in an article where Sawyer said his body wouldn't handle staying in until Sochi 2014. However, that would be interesting if it did. I always believed he could be a great show skater. It's unfortunate that he isn't on the CSOI tour this year. While he did say that this past season was probably his last, it's unclear whether he's retiring this year or not afterall.

Sorry about being off topic. But I wonder what Sawyer is going to do now that he's no longer in CSOI. I wish there was another, better tour he could be in. I think his skating is great.

Custom Title
    Who's replacing DomShab? Can Russian Fed send WJC winners[ILINYKH/KATSALAPOV] to WC?

Custom Title
    I believe it's Rubleva and Sheffer.

Quote Originally Posted by oakl0008 View Post
    I read in an article where Sawyer said his body wouldn't handle staying in until Sochi 2014. However, that would be interesting if it did. I always believed he could be a great show skater. It's unfortunate that he isn't on the CSOI tour this year. While he did say that this past season was probably his last, it's unclear whether he's retiring this year or not afterall.

Sorry about being off topic. But I wonder what Sawyer is going to do now that he's no longer in CSOI. I wish there was another, better tour he could be in. I think his skating is great.
    Well I heard that he's in a Cirque on Ice Show in BC this month but there's only a couple of showings.. I hope he maybe goes back to Stars on Ice next year

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    Well I heard that he's in a Cirque on Ice Show in BC this month but there's only a couple of showings.. I hope he maybe goes back to Stars on Ice next year
    Hehe, yea I was the one who (over enthusiastically) wrote the announcement about Cirque on Ice. Again I do wish that show was touring accross Canada, but that's wishful thinking that will not come true.

More wishful thinking, I wish Sawyer had opportunities for other shows, and would take them. Too bad he doesn't have the star credentials as lets say a Johnny Weir who would have the power to create his own show, because I love his skating just as much as Johnny's.

I saw Sawyer at CSOI last year. He was really good, although it almost seemed that CSOI's show format didn't do him justice. He seems to have so much abilities that it's sad that there's not much more in pro skating than the CSOI and SOI tours. For some reason I doubt that CSOI would have room for Sawyer now that they finally have V/M and Patrick Chan. It would be great if Sawyer could be a part of something new and innovative instead of waiting to see if CSOI might want him in some alternating year. Boy if Johnny Weir ever went ahead with his tour idea and somehow (although doubtful in real life but I can dream) Sawyer was able to be a part of that....now wouldn't that be a true skating tour?

In the mean time, I hope Sawyer has something useful in the works because he is one skater that I don't want to see fall off the rails.

Okay again, sorry for knocking the thread off topic. I just had to get this off my chest just one more time lol.

Tripping on the Podium alfoalfo's Avatar
    Is Yuna definitely going to Torino?
    I heard that she was really sick with the flu :(

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by volk View Post
    Who's replacing DomShab? Can Russian Fed send WJC winners[ILINYKH/KATSALAPOV] to WC?
    No they cannot. It has to be one of the teams sent over as substitutes to the ISU, so either Rubleva / Sheffer or Riazanova / Tkacenko.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by alfoalfo View Post
    Is Yuna definitely going to Torino?
    I heard that she was really sick with the flu :(
    Who knows? She is still listed. She can pull out even if she goes to Turin and feel sick there. It happened before.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast