MBO Ad | Golden Skate

MBO Ad

alison

Spectator
BMO Ad

Hi!
Did anyone else think the skates in the BMO cash machine/skate sharpener advert were wrong?
The young girl's skates were new looking but oldfashioned, much less support, I thought. I kept trying to see Jennifer R's skates, but her arm hid them abit. They still looked wrong to me.
I liked JR's hair, though.

alison.

Last edited:

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Sorry, I did not even see the skating. I have to wait until the weekend. I don't know which ad you are referring to.

Blade1

On the Ice
I have seen the commercial several times this past weekend during Skate Canada coverage, but I'm not really sure what was so "wrong" about the ad or the skates for that matter.

southwest wind

Rinkside
I thought the ad was great...a wonderful piece of fantasy and a projection of dreams...like you can get your skates sharpened at an ATM machine, like you can see Jennifer R at an ATM machine (for most of us anyway), like you can skate/keep company with Jennifer R (unless you skate at Mariposa). The ad focusses back to BMO supporting young people's dreams of skating. We're not all going to make it, but it is fun to think that we can. And for a very select group, if they dream big, they will make it.

I found this ad much more watchable than that stupid Hide and Go Seat ad with the Ford minivan seat playing Hide and Go Seek with the house furniture.
sww

southwest wind

Rinkside
I thought the ad was great...a wonderful piece of fantasy and a projection of dreams...like you can get your skates sharpened at an ATM machine, like you can see Jennifer R at an ATM machine (for most of us anyway), like you can skate/keep company with Jennifer R (unless you skate at Mariposa). The ad focusses back to BMO supporting young people's dreams of skating. We're not all going to make it, but it is fun to think that we can. And for a very select group, if they dream big, they will make it.

I found this ad much more watchable than that stupid Hide and Go Seat ad with the Ford minivan seat playing Hide and Go Seek with the house furniture.
sww

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Now I know what you mean! I thought it was cute.