Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Thread: Ladies Short Program

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    A Flip that switches over to an outside edge is NOT a lutz. There are different mechanics going on there and just because you can do the Flip like that it doesn't mean you're able to do a Lutz.
    Ik but she can do the lutz.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by schiele View Post
    tuggy fan just pm'ed me to explain that tugba said in trt 3 that she saw it as lutz in the protocols. Apparently contrary to common belief and practice, it is not written in the handbook that the entry into the flip must be with a preceeding half turn on the ice (the typical flip entry) and they have repeatedly objected her lutz being counted as flip over the years. She said it got accepted this year as a lutz.
    I don't know. this would mean that all the edge calls on flips and lutzes are questionable. As far as i know the entry into flip is the half turn and into lutz the long backward glide. Besides then her tes score is low with 53 if she did not get an edge call. I'm all confused with this piece of information. Anybody care to ellaborate?
    confusing!!!

On the Ice
    . Besides then her TES score is low with 53 if she did not get an edge call. I'm all confused with this piece of information. Anybody care to ellaborate?
    maybe her step sequence and/or layback's level's 2?

look at that ;"Turkey's Tugba Karademir rounds up the top ten (53.88). She skated clean, landing a triple Lutz - double toe loop combination and a triple Salchow out of steps...."

http://www.goldenskate.com/articles/2009/euros_ls.shtml
    Last edited by tuggy-fan; 01-22-2010 at 04:58 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by tuggy-fan View Post

look at that ;"Turkey's Tugba Karademir rounds up the top ten (53.88). She skated clean, landing a triple Lutz - double toe loop combination and a triple Salchow out of steps...."

She going to get high that the olympics.
    GO TUGBA!!!!!!

End subjectivity,reduce PCS, fix the COP! schiele's Avatar

!

Quote Originally Posted by tuggy-fan View Post

Thanks for the quote.. Ok, so it's definetely counted as lutz.. I am utterly confused.. I don't know what to make of this.. My frustration with the scoring and the system increases (although I'm very happy for Tugba).. Tugba rocks!

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Tuggy fan just PM'ed me to explain that Tugba said in TRT 3 that she saw it as Lutz in the protocols. Apparently contrary to common belief and practice, it is not written in the handbook that the entry into the flip must be with a preceeding half turn on the ice (the typical flip entry) and they have repeatedly objected her lutz being counted as flip over the years. She said it got accepted this year as a lutz.
    Makes no sense. She did the FLIP entry. There was clearly a half turn on the ice right into the jump. Her body moved in the same direction as the rotation of the jump (a Flip), rather than being held on a gliding edge and then jumping (a Lutz).

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    I'm very pleased for Tugba . She's come a long way. Obviously a worker. Her SP is really great .There's some really wonderful Turkish music out there and it's almost never used. Plus her costume is perfect. ( I have a piece of antique Turkish fabric that is very like it) Hope she has a clean FS.

End subjectivity,reduce PCS, fix the COP! schiele's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    Makes no sense. She did the FLIP entry. There was clearly a half turn on the ice right into the jump. Her body moved in the same direction as the rotation of the jump (a Flip), rather than being held on a gliding edge and then jumping (a Lutz).
    Yes you're right, it's not just the half turn but also the direction of the body move, hence the lower base value for flip than lutz.. I'll check the protocols as soon as they are out cos I cannot believe it. I may be a big Tugba supporter but that shouldn't make me blind..

Quote Originally Posted by skatemom1122 View Post
    Anyone have a link to where I can watch the ladies FS live in the united States?
    I watched it on this:

http://www.justin.tv/skate_skate/#r=mWiCzg0

Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    Thank you!

Happy for great skating from euro ladies this afternoon. I so want Carolina to win this Also cheering for for all in final ... just 20

Quote Originally Posted by snowflake View Post
    Happy for great skating from euro ladies this afternoon. I so want Carolina to win this Also cheering for for all in final ... just 20
    So do I, but when was the last time she was able to put two solid programs together? I'm guessing Laura for gold and Carolina hopefully hangs on for a medal.

Custom Title
    Wow, I thought Ladies @ Euros was gonna be underwhelming, but what a pleasant surprise. Especially with Carolina, I am really happy that she skated clean (despite all those two-footed landings..).

OTOH, I'm rather angry about Sarah and Julia's scores.. Sarah and Julia were robbed.. If they ratified Leonova's 3T then Sarah's 3Lz..

Custom Title
    Tuggy fan just PM'ed me to explain that Tugba said in TRT 3 that she saw it as Lutz in the protocols. Apparently contrary to common belief and practice, it is not written in the handbook that the entry into the flip must be with a preceeding half turn on the ice (the typical flip entry) and they have repeatedly objected her lutz being counted as flip over the years. She said it got accepted this year as a lutz.
    I don't know. This would mean that all the edge calls on flips and lutzes are questionable. As far as i know the entry into flip is the half turn and into lutz the long backward glide. Besides then her TES score is low with 53 if she did not get an edge call. I'm all confused with this piece of information. Anybody care to ellaborate?
    I watched video of Tugba's SP 5 times including slo mo, and that's either a flip or a lip. I can't imagine a technical panel that would call that a lutz, so I'm interested in hearing the explanation.

As to the flip entry, the classic one is the outside 3 turn that most skaters do, but it's not written in stone. I've seen some skaters go into this from a mohawk, but that entry is not common anymore. Now, if she had done the flip entry, then switched from inside to outside edge and purposely held for a second or two before launching into the air, that might be grounds to call it a legitimate lutz.
    Last edited by bigsisjiejie; 01-23-2010 at 06:55 AM.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12