Ladies Short Program | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Ladies Short Program

figuristka

Medalist
Glad there were more almost clean short programs than i though. Hope they keep it up for the free. Laura looks so tiny for such a powerful skater.

AnnaTheMusician

On the Ice
Some of you guys are quite nasty... Of course we Europeans know that we don't have that level as Kim, Ando and Asada but we aren't that bad. I think those 3 Asians are over everybody, probably Rochette is the only one who can beat them. I think in this SP everybody got what they earned and nobody was under- or overscored. Maybe Glebova should have earned more and Meier was fantastic, too bad for that UR. I'll be on Tallinn tomorrow, can't wait to see the LP!

And of course I'm very happy of my favourite Kiira :)

(Edit: couple of typos)

Last edited:

janetfan

Match Penalty
Some of you guys are quite nasty... Of course we Europeans know that we don't have that leverl as Kim, Ando and Asada but we aren't that bad. I think those 3 Asians are over everybody, probably Rochette is the only one who can beats them. I think in this SP everybody got what they earned and nobody was under- or overscored. Maybe Glebova should have earned more and Meier was fantastic, too bad for that UR. I'll be on Tallinn tomorrow, can't wait to see the LP!

And of course I'm very happy of my favourite Kiira :)

I agree and thought it was a sparkling competition. Lots of good skating and looking forward to the long.

herro

On the Ice
I'm really glad that so much of the European ladies were able to keep it together (with several getting PBs!). Along with the skates by Nagasu, Cohen, and Flatt, I'm really getting more hopeful that the Olympics podium will not be dominated by Korea and Japan (not that there's anything wrong with that).

janetfan

Match Penalty
Caro was such a pleasant surprise after a disappointing season.
Lots of good skating from the Euro Ladies. I think the knock on them is unfair as there were many good performances.

The LP will be interesting and entertaining. :rock:

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Thank god Carolina delivered. Her PCS should be higher. This girl, ON, is the best in the world. :bow: :love: :love: :clap:
I was so nervous reading the score card.

mystichaze

On the Ice
Nice to see that Carolina has turned in a clean sp! It's about time! I have been wanting and waiting for her to skate well again and hopefully she carries this confidence into the LP!

jovani2293

On the Ice
It's a flip and she gets an edge call. She lips unfortunately but still great to see her try a new jump and land it. It was a great programme.

I knew it. She should go for the lutz now. she is keeps getting higher on the jumps and the edge call is take about 2 points for she score. She could have scored a 55 or 56 with a positive GOE.

tuggy-fan

Rinkside
It's a flip and she gets an edge call. She lips unfortunately but still great to see her try a new jump and land it. It was a great programme.

if u watched trt-3,Tugba said, it counted lutz this time.she explain why it is lutz but my English don't let me :) if you want the reason, i'll send a pm to you :)