Page 1 of 64 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 949

Thread: Championship Ladies FS

  1. #1
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    217

    Championship Ladies FS

    Nagasu 23
    Cohen 21
    Flatt 22
    Wagner 20
    Gao 19
    Dobbs 18
    Czisny 15
    Hughes 16
    Gilles 17
    Liang 14
    Zhang 13
    Gong 10
    Morrow 9
    Bulanhagui 7
    Bereswill 11
    Cesario 12
    Rosenthal 8
    Diggs 4
    Kazakova 6
    Howey 1
    Kawamura 5
    Stern 3
    Sperito 2

  2. #2
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    4,957
    Anyone know what time it will be on tomorrow?

  3. #3
    Custom Title Gymfan15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    257
    I assume they've got to start earlier since the programs will run longer? Not a clue.

    Interesting how the top six will be skating in reverse order of finish, except for Sasha and Rachel, who swapped their spots. It will be interesting to see how things play out! I'm REALLY REALLY rooting for Marai; but she's not the strongest long program skater. Neither is Sasha, so Rachel will probably win if she skates clean. But you never know. On one hand I really want Sasha to do well and go to Vancouver, but I really want Marai to go too! Ugh. :(

  4. #4
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    4,957
    Quote Originally Posted by Gymfan15 View Post
    I assume they've got to start earlier since the programs will run longer? Not a clue.

    Interesting how the top six will be skating in reverse order of finish, except for Sasha and Rachel, who swapped their spots. It will be interesting to see how things play out! I'm REALLY REALLY rooting for Marai; but she's not the strongest long program skater. Neither is Sasha, so Rachel will probably win if she skates clean. But you never know. On one hand I really want Sasha to do well and go to Vancouver, but I really want Marai to go too! Ugh. :(
    Hey, the good news for Mirai is that she rarely falls. Mirai's troubles in the FS usually come from URs, and last night, her jumps looked super solid. If she jumps with that great technique tomorrow, she should be fine. She did a nice LP at SC that was majorly underscored but after seeing that big improvement from CoC I'm feeling better about the whole situation. Plus she goes after Rachael and not Sasha, and she's had to skate last before (08 nats).

    GO MIRAI I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT!

  5. #5
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    320
    I love when new names and faces skate in the final group. I hope they just go out there and enjoy the moment and skate up to the challenge. Such great experience. Go Christina and Amanda!

  6. #6
    Custom Title Moxie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    224
    Oh, bloody hell. Mirai has to skate after Rachael. But I guess that's better than skating after Sasha. I'm expectin' Mirai to either skate lights out because she is absolutely capable, or totally bomb due to the pressure. Nothing in between.

    Cohen and Nagasu FTW!

  7. #7
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    169
    Quote Originally Posted by Binthere View Post
    I love when new names and faces skate in the final group. I hope they just go out there and enjoy the moment and skate up to the challenge. Such great experience. Go Christina and Amanda!

  8. #8
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    4,221
    Does anybody still have 2 US Nationals Ladies Final Tickets for Sale? If so, please PM me ASAP. Thanks!

  9. #9
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    28,183
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    Does anybody still have 2 US Nationals Ladies Final Tickets for Sale? If so, please PM me ASAP. Thanks!
    I don't have a ticket to sell, but I bet Sasha's SP placement sold out the LP, if it wasn't already.

  10. #10
    Down With It
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,538
    Well, well...now what? The Six Contenders have now been narrowed down to Four. After tomorrow it will be Two. But which Two? Wagner and Flatt are strong LP skaters. Nagasu can be hit or miss...she's last and skating after Rachel, which could be tough if Flatt has another one of her steady, solid routines. Cohen you could usually count on to make 2 mistakes in the long- I don't know what to expect now though since she still seems to be getting her competition legs back under her. she looked really uncomfortable before the SP. So I think she'll either a) crumble or b) keep the mistakes to a minimum (1).

    I think Flatt will be on the team unless Nagasu AND Cohen really hit it out of the park, then I'd say no matter what Flatt does she's fighting for third since she's simply not as good at her best as those two are. Wagner has catching up to do and can make it IF a) she hits and b) two of Flatt, Cohen, Nagasu has a rough/imperfect skate.

    The other skaters are just filling in, fighting for 3rd/4th place at this point.

    Predictions: Flatt, one of Nagasu/Cohen.
    Hopes: Flatt, Wagner

  11. #11
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    4,221

    Exclamation

    Lol, I know, which is why I am kicking myself for not buying those two tickets on Wednesday after watching her very good SP practice runthrough on IN.

    And now, sadly, there are NO tickets available on ebay.

    My last hope/chance is here on GoldenSkate, maybe someone will hear my cry & respond!

    EDITED TO ADD: nosebleed seats are okay too, as long as I get tickets, doesn't matter. Thank you.

  12. #12
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    675
    Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    Well, well...now what? The Six Contenders have now been narrowed down to Four. After tomorrow it will be Two. But which Two? Wagner and Flatt are strong LP skaters. Nagasu can be hit or miss...she's last and skating after Rachel, which could be tough if Flatt has another one of her steady, solid routines. Cohen you could usually count on to make 2 mistakes in the long- I don't know what to expect now though since she still seems to be getting her competition legs back under her. she looked really uncomfortable before the SP. So I think she'll either a) crumble or b) keep the mistakes to a minimum (1).

    I think Flatt will be on the team unless Nagasu AND Cohen really hit it out of the park, then I'd say no matter what Flatt does she's fighting for third since she's simply not as good at her best as those two are. Wagner has catching up to do and can make it IF a) she hits and b) two of Flatt, Cohen, Nagasu has a rough/imperfect skate.

    The other skaters are just filling in, fighting for 3rd/4th place at this point.

    Predictions: Flatt, one of Nagasu/Cohen.
    Hopes: Flatt, Wagner
    I'm sure there will be some bais toward Cohen, and the tech/judges will probably hold her up with high PCS mark even if she makes her usual 1-2 mistakes. After SP, looks like the tech caller didn't dinged Cohen for her flutz or two footed landing on her 2A. which should have cost her 3-4 in international judging. Same with fluting for Flatt. Only question is will the tech caller harsh with UR on Nagasu to make sure she is off the team.

    I'm so hoping Wagner and Nagasu make the team.

  13. #13
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    747
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderlen3000 View Post
    I'm sure there will be some bais toward Cohen, and the tech/judges will probably hold her up with high PCS mark even if she makes her usual 1-2 mistakes. After SP, looks like the tech caller didn't dinged Cohen for her flutz or two footed landing on her 2A. which should have cost her 3-4 in international judging. Same with fluting for Flatt. Only question is will the tech caller harsh with UR on Nagasu to make sure she is off the team.

    I'm so hoping Wagner and Nagasu make the team.
    I don't think Nagasu's jumps were UR in the sp. I am hoping Nagasu will be in the team. She has the whole package.

  14. #14
    Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    4,989
    Quote Originally Posted by rtureck View Post
    I don't think Nagasu's jumps were UR in the sp. I am hoping Nagasu will be in the team. She has the whole package.
    No way were they UR. She had the cleanest, lightest jumps of all the ladies that night and that is why she is in first place. Her opening combo could have easily been a 3/3.

  15. #15
    Banned janetfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    6,889
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    No way were they UR. She had the cleanest, lightest jumps of all the ladies that night and that is why she is in first place. Her opening combo could have easily been a 3/3.
    ITA....and it seems like Mirai will probably be doing a 3x3 as soon as Frank is satisfied with her technique.

    Her jumps were so clean and light last night and best and biggest 2A.

Page 1 of 64 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •