Diggs 4
Kazakova 6
Howey 1
Kawamura 5
Stern 3
Sperito 2

Gymfan15

On the Ice
I assume they've got to start earlier since the programs will run longer? Not a clue.

Interesting how the top six will be skating in reverse order of finish, except for Sasha and Rachel, who swapped their spots. It will be interesting to see how things play out! I'm REALLY REALLY rooting for Marai; but she's not the strongest long program skater. Neither is Sasha, so Rachel will probably win if she skates clean. But you never know. On one hand I really want Sasha to do well and go to Vancouver, but I really want Marai to go too! Ugh. :(

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I assume they've got to start earlier since the programs will run longer? Not a clue.

Interesting how the top six will be skating in reverse order of finish, except for Sasha and Rachel, who swapped their spots. It will be interesting to see how things play out! I'm REALLY REALLY rooting for Marai; but she's not the strongest long program skater. Neither is Sasha, so Rachel will probably win if she skates clean. But you never know. On one hand I really want Sasha to do well and go to Vancouver, but I really want Marai to go too! Ugh. :(

Hey, the good news for Mirai is that she rarely falls. Mirai's troubles in the FS usually come from URs, and last night, her jumps looked super solid. If she jumps with that great technique tomorrow, she should be fine. She did a nice LP at SC that was majorly underscored but after seeing that big improvement from CoC I'm feeling better about the whole situation. Plus she goes after Rachael and not Sasha, and she's had to skate last before (08 nats).

GO MIRAI I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT! :agree::love::rock:

Binthere

On the Ice
I love when new names and faces skate in the final group. I hope they just go out there and enjoy the moment and skate up to the challenge. Such great experience. Go Christina and Amanda! :agree:

Moxie

On the Ice
Oh, bloody hell. Mirai has to skate after Rachael. But I guess that's better than skating after Sasha. I'm expectin' Mirai to either skate lights out because she is absolutely capable, or totally bomb due to the pressure. Nothing in between.

Cohen and Nagasu FTW! :clap:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Does anybody still have 2 US Nationals Ladies Final Tickets for Sale? If so, please PM me ASAP. Thanks! :)

Does anybody still have 2 US Nationals Ladies Final Tickets for Sale? If so, please PM me ASAP. Thanks! :)

I don't have a ticket to sell, but I bet Sasha's SP placement sold out the LP, if it wasn't already. :yes:

R.D.

Record Breaker
Well, well...now what? The Six Contenders have now been narrowed down to Four. After tomorrow it will be Two. But which Two? Wagner and Flatt are strong LP skaters. Nagasu can be hit or miss...she's last and skating after Rachel, which could be tough if Flatt has another one of her steady, solid routines. Cohen you could usually count on to make 2 mistakes in the long- I don't know what to expect now though since she still seems to be getting her competition legs back under her. she looked really uncomfortable before the SP. So I think she'll either a) crumble or b) keep the mistakes to a minimum (1).

I think Flatt will be on the team unless Nagasu AND Cohen really hit it out of the park, then I'd say no matter what Flatt does she's fighting for third since she's simply not as good at her best as those two are. Wagner has catching up to do and can make it IF a) she hits and b) two of Flatt, Cohen, Nagasu has a rough/imperfect skate.

The other skaters are just filling in, fighting for 3rd/4th place at this point.

Predictions: Flatt, one of Nagasu/Cohen.
Hopes: Flatt, Wagner

Nadine

Record Breaker
Lol, I know, which is why I am kicking myself for not buying those two tickets on Wednesday after watching her very good SP practice runthrough on IN.

And now, sadly, there are NO tickets available on ebay.:cry::cry::cry::cry:

My last hope/chance is here on GoldenSkate, maybe someone will hear my cry & respond!:thumbsup:

EDITED TO ADD: nosebleed seats are okay too, as long as I get tickets, doesn't matter. Thank you.

wonderlen3000

Final Flight
Well, well...now what? The Six Contenders have now been narrowed down to Four. After tomorrow it will be Two. But which Two? Wagner and Flatt are strong LP skaters. Nagasu can be hit or miss...she's last and skating after Rachel, which could be tough if Flatt has another one of her steady, solid routines. Cohen you could usually count on to make 2 mistakes in the long- I don't know what to expect now though since she still seems to be getting her competition legs back under her. she looked really uncomfortable before the SP. So I think she'll either a) crumble or b) keep the mistakes to a minimum (1).

I think Flatt will be on the team unless Nagasu AND Cohen really hit it out of the park, then I'd say no matter what Flatt does she's fighting for third since she's simply not as good at her best as those two are. Wagner has catching up to do and can make it IF a) she hits and b) two of Flatt, Cohen, Nagasu has a rough/imperfect skate.

The other skaters are just filling in, fighting for 3rd/4th place at this point.

Predictions: Flatt, one of Nagasu/Cohen.
Hopes: Flatt, Wagner

I'm sure there will be some bais toward Cohen, and the tech/judges will probably hold her up with high PCS mark even if she makes her usual 1-2 mistakes. After SP, looks like the tech caller didn't dinged Cohen for her flutz or two footed landing on her 2A. which should have cost her 3-4 in international judging. Same with fluting for Flatt. Only question is will the tech caller harsh with UR on Nagasu to make sure she is off the team.

I'm so hoping Wagner and Nagasu make the team.

rtureck

Final Flight
I'm sure there will be some bais toward Cohen, and the tech/judges will probably hold her up with high PCS mark even if she makes her usual 1-2 mistakes. After SP, looks like the tech caller didn't dinged Cohen for her flutz or two footed landing on her 2A. which should have cost her 3-4 in international judging. Same with fluting for Flatt. Only question is will the tech caller harsh with UR on Nagasu to make sure she is off the team.

I'm so hoping Wagner and Nagasu make the team.

I don't think Nagasu's jumps were UR in the sp. I am hoping Nagasu will be in the team. She has the whole package.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I don't think Nagasu's jumps were UR in the sp. I am hoping Nagasu will be in the team. She has the whole package.

No way were they UR. She had the cleanest, lightest jumps of all the ladies that night and that is why she is in first place. Her opening combo could have easily been a 3/3.

janetfan

Match Penalty
No way were they UR. She had the cleanest, lightest jumps of all the ladies that night and that is why she is in first place. Her opening combo could have easily been a 3/3.

ITA....and it seems like Mirai will probably be doing a 3x3 as soon as Frank is satisfied with her technique.

Her jumps were so clean and light last night and best and biggest 2A.

Her jumps were so clean and light last night and best and biggest 2A.

Mirai's entire lead over Sasha comes from her GOEs on jumps. They both had exactly the same base values (32.20 for all 8 elements). But Mirai got a total of 2.86 GOE for her three jumping passes to Sasha's 1.43.