Championship Ladies FS | Page 12 | Golden Skate

Championship Ladies FS

katymay

Medalist
She wasn't doing the Sasha spin, she was doing a shotgun spin, totally different mechanic involved. Alexe was doing it horribly, of course. Alissa, on the other hand, can do an amazing shotgun spin.

I think Sasha was the first to do it-way back in the day. (With a complete split that is). So I always think of it is the Sasha spin. But now I'm tired of seeing it. And sick of the 'hold the leg up' on the spiral, and now that I think of it, a number of moves that, really, with all due respect, Sasha immortalized.

silversprings77

Rinkside
lets let the games begin....

love sasha's dress. its almost sad sitting there watching all these deserving skaters knowing tha 4 of them are going home...and all of them have the goods in one way shape or form to make the team....i would hate to be in the selection committees shoes tonight if the top 4 all skate clean

skatemom1122

Final Flight
not the judging, the way things are going...*sad* Emily above Alissa is crazy in concept, but Alissa sooo gave up... I guess I'm mad at...fate? luck?
And people were saying Melissa wuzrobbed but I didn't get to see her skate...

I see your point. Melissa skated very well technically, and has the second highest TES so far, but her program components couldn't touch anyone in the last group.

Hurdler4eva

Rinkside
Mirai looked really happy during the practice - she and Rachael both landed solid triples. Sasha only did singles that they showed.

Amanda is up now!

Hurdler4eva

Rinkside
Amanda is down on the flip...

She doesn't have a lutz in this program either.

But I'm quite impressed by her carriage and her skating quality. I think this girl is a good competitor.

EDIT: another fall for Amanda