Page 2 of 64 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Championship Ladies FS

Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    Her jumps were so clean and light last night and best and biggest 2A.
    Mirai's entire lead over Sasha comes from her GOEs on jumps. They both had exactly the same base values (32.20 for all 8 elements). But Mirai got a total of 2.86 GOE for her three jumping passes to Sasha's 1.43.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Has Mirai ever skated last before?

Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    Has Mirai ever skated last before?
    She was last in 2008 when she won.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skatemom1122 View Post
    And she was 1st after the short then too ( but by a wider margin). Things are looking good for Mirai.

Quote Originally Posted by skatemom1122 View Post

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    And she was 1st after the short then too ( but by a wider margin). Things are looking good for Mirai.
    Yes they are. But you know that overused cliche- "ice is slippery"- well, anything can happen, it's about what you put on the ice when it counts, and nothing more. Practices are mainly to get the jitters out and also to get a feel for the ice.

Also, she is in a virtual tie for 1st with two other skaters. If Nagasu can REALLY knock it out of the park, I don't think the other skaters stand a chance. But if she slips up (and/or is lacking the fire) she could be surpassed.

LP will be the real test for Cohen. Dai who has been away for a long time has had wonderful SP performances but has struggled with his LP performances. Sasha's jumps look so tight that I doubt if she stays on her feet when she needs to do multiple jumps instead of just three.

As for Mirai, her music choice may not help her too much against Sasha. Mirai can be a great performer, but may not be at her best with that Carmen.

I personally do not have an impression that Wagner is a LP skater. She often makes mistakes towards the end.

The selection committee may feel a bit hesitant to pick Sasha if she did not come in first or second in a convincing manner. After all, it is just one event consisting of two performances.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I personally do not have an impression that Wagner is a LP skater. She often makes mistakes towards the end.
    Overall, though, she has had better LPs than SPs, at least this season. She gets into the (bad) habit of digging herself a hole in the SP that she has to climb out of later. She can still grab an Oly spot but I think her fate is as much dependent on the skaters ahead of her as it is herself. If at least two of Cohen/Nagasu/Flatt nail their freeskate, that's it for Ashley, doesn't matter what she does IMO

But, as she skates first, she can set the tone (and the bar). Very powerful position to be in, actually.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    ITA....and it seems like Mirai will probably be doing a 3x3 as soon as Frank is satisfied with her technique.

Her jumps were so clean and light last night and best and biggest 2A.
    Sylvia did tweet that she saw a 3Lz-3T from Mirai in one of the practices. And, of course, we've all seen her do it before. I also remember reading in an article during last season that Charlene Wong said Mirai could land every triple with both triple toe or triple loop on the end. I may be remembering that wrong, but it doesn't seem entirely unlikely. If she does make it to Vancouver I wonder if she'll try one there. It'd also be nice if she could get that triple Salchow back. It was always such a nice jump from Mirai.

Rinkside
    I cant wait to see the ladies' free tomorrow!

For those who asked, the free will be at 4pm local time!!

Hope Sasha & Ashley make the team!! But what I really want, with all my heart, is that Sasha does a CLEAN program, with no falls. Is that too much to ask??

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by Myla View Post
    Hope Sasha & Ashley make the team!! But what I really want, with all my heart, is that Sasha does a CLEAN program, with no falls. Is that too much to ask??
    Apparently yes.

Does anyone know what time the FS starts tomorrow? And also where it will be airing. I heard somewhere that Universal Sports will show the first half and NBC will show the second half, but I don't know that for sure and would like to confirm times and channels.

Custom Title
    How many hours til' it starts?

Custom Title
    CAn someone tell me why the US does not use the ISU results page. As well, Is there a schedule I can look at for today?
    Thanks

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    Yes they are. But you know that overused cliche- "ice is slippery"- well, anything can happen, it's about what you put on the ice when it counts, and nothing more. Practices are mainly to get the jitters out and also to get a feel for the ice.

Also, she is in a virtual tie for 1st with two other skaters. If Nagasu can REALLY knock it out of the park, I don't think the other skaters stand a chance. But if she slips up (and/or is lacking the fire) she could be surpassed.
    True. Mirai's biggest problem in the LP is URs though, not falls, and judging by the way her jumps looked on Thursday, she should be fine in the UR department (those jumps in the SP were gorgeous). But we shall see. I believe Mirai, Sasha, and Ashley are all attempting 6 triples in the FS, while Rachael is attempting 7. Ashley also has yet to do a 3 jump combination in the FS this year, but does have two sequences which will gain her more points than a 3-2. It will be interesting to see who comes out on top if they all go clean!

Page 2 of 64 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 52 ... LastLast