Championship Ladies FS | Page 20 | Golden Skate

Championship Ladies FS

leruiz

Rinkside
Poor Ashley but Mirai was on today. She seemed so excited and happy after the end of her program.

ks777

Record Breaker
how did Mirai do? I just got home to see Mirai skate.. turned out, my local NBC isn't showing figure skating!!

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Then we have no hope in the ladies, you all are fools if you think these young ladies are going to go to the Olympics and all of a sudden be able to hang in there with the other skaters. They had 2-3 years to do it and haven't yet, which is why we only have 2 spots

Exactly. In terms of the Olympic gold, none of the ladies are gonna do it. Sasha wasn't, Rachel won't, Mirai won't etc. Now, if one of them skates a barnburner and it's a splat fest, one might eek out a bronze but that's it. So I don't see how Sasha coming back to competition after four seasons sitting out translates as hope.

Hurdler4eva

Rinkside
how did Mirai do? I just got home to see Mirai skate.. turned out, my local NBC isn't showing figure skating!!

Mirai was INCREDIBLE. But Rachael won...she really deserved it!

Rachael won easily...

3 downgrades for Mirai. She's 4 points over Ashley overall. It was a lot closer than I thought it would be.

MKFSfan

Medalist
Wha---??? All those gorgeous spins and great chore and FANTASTIC jumps and beautiful spiral and...not even 120 let along winning??? Hm.

Guess multiple downgrades. Rachael was great and all, but man, Mirai had me all the way through.

Phoenix347

Final Flight
Oh, she must have had a bunch of downgrades... oh, she had 3 downgrades... just 4 points between Mirai and Ashley... Mirai really has to rotate her jumps...

Kissx3

Final Flight
Surprised at Mirai's scores. I'll be interested to see what was determined as UR, her jumps looked fine to the naked eye.

Good competition if only for the final flight. As it turns out, Ashley's sub-par SP is what blew it for her.

Hurdler4eva

Rinkside
Ashley actually beat Mirai in the freeskate...if only she hadn't fallen in the short.

Ashley did not look happy at all and my heart really goes out to her

feraina

Record Breaker
Wow, Mirai was sooooo awesome. She had me on my feet in front of my computer! LOL.

The callers were very strict. I guess they're telling her to go home and work even harder on her jump landings. I thought she was a *lot* better than previously -- she lost the hook on her jump landings! Frank Carroll did wonders with her.

I really hope that they send Mirai to the Olympics. She really deserves to go. She skated both the SP and LP so well! And she's a ton more exciting to watch than Rachael. What a difference in her attitude, too. Frank Carroll is amazing!

I think Mirai's right -- hubris or not, she *is* the future of U.S. figure skating! :love: :love: :love:

silversprings77

Rinkside
actually i am really interested in seeing whether they choose Mirai or Ashley for the second spot. The total score at nationals is close enough where internationally it could be considered a draw. and USFSA DID say they would consider other competitions as well and Ashley was the only US skater at the Grand Prix Final. Mirai has said it herself that she expects 2014 and not now...

but i bet that whoever gets left off the team might get worlds...

i just felt so bad for ashley seeing her in the background as they interviewed Rachael....as soon as Mirai skated she just got this "aw crap" look on her face...