Championship Ladies FS | Page 21 | Golden Skate

Championship Ladies FS

jan

On the Ice
Rachael looked as though she UR some of her jumps. the high kick into the flip is awful. Her stroking and spins are not in the same league as Mirai.

Gymfan15

On the Ice
Poor Ashley. She was so happy after her long program; I think she had a glimmer of hope. And then it just sort of died. :( Maybe she can go to Worlds? I forgot how many spots we have for that.

Bravo to Sasha for sticking it out. I think in terms of everything, it was a satisfying week for her. Wishing her best of luck in the future!

I was SO SO happy Mirai had a clean skate! It was a little surprising to see her score so low, but UR's are deceiving. If she can just fix that, she will be AMAZING. She definitely deserves to go to the Olys!

And Rachel, well, she just got the job done. So happy for her. :)

Iscariot

On the Ice
weell just a shame about sasha and ashley they are so beautiful.
I dont think rachel or mirai will be able to be on the podium at the olympics, hope they will just focus to get those 3 spots back;)

Hurdler4eva

Rinkside
actually i am really interested in seeing whether they choose Mirai or Ashley for the second spot. The total score at nationals is close enough where internationally it could be considered a draw. and USFSA DID say they would consider other competitions as well and Ashley was the only US skater at the Grand Prix Final. Mirai has said it herself that she expects 2014 and not now...

but i bet that whoever gets left off the team might get worlds...

i just felt so bad for ashley seeing her in the background as they interviewed Rachael....as soon as Mirai skated she just got this "aw crap" look on her face...

I hadn't really considered that....but I guess her GP success is Ashley's last sliver of hope.

HCOSurfer

Final Flight
I'm calling BS on this one. Mirai should've won the FS (and overall), the only triple that should've been questionable was that final 3T.

dannyascii

On the Ice
Downgrades for Mirai? I want to see the protocols when they come out. Most of her jumps looked ok to me...
I wonder if that'll affect the Olympic committee's decision. International judges are even more brutal about downgrades than national one's are. As far as being a balanced skater with great skating skills, I definitely think Mirai is top in the US ladies field, but it won't mean much if her jumps can't earn points....

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Poor Ashley. She was so happy after her long program; I think she had a glimmer of hope. And then it just sort of died. :( Maybe she can go to Worlds? I forgot how many spots we have for that.

Bravo to Sasha for sticking it out. I think in terms of everything, it was a satisfying week for her. Wishing her best of luck in the future!

I was SO SO happy Mirai had a clean skate! It was a little surprising to see her score so low, but UR's are deceiving. If she can just fix that, she will be AMAZING. She definitely deserves to go to the Olys!

And Rachel, well, she just got the job done. So happy for her. :)

Two spots for Worlds, and I expect both Nagasu and Flatt to RSVP for that too. It's not close enough (like the pairs) to for the FED to split the ticket.

Hurdler4eva

Rinkside
I'm calling BS on this one. Mirai should've won the FS (and overall), the only triple that should've been questionable was that final 3T.

Maybe they downgraded Mirai and kept her score so close to Ashley to justify it if they decide to send Ashley over Mirai.

katymay

Medalist
Surprised at Mirai's scores. I'll be interested to see what was determined as UR, her jumps looked fine to the naked eye.

Good competition if only for the final flight. As it turns out, Ashley's sub-par SP is what blew it for her.
lo

I don't see the downgrades either. Crappy coverage NBC-they should have slo-moed it and showed where the UR's were. I thought Mirai was spectacular-to me Rachael less so-she seems sort of sloppy or something.

jeanettetan

On the Ice
actually i am really interested in seeing whether they choose Mirai or Ashley for the second spot. The total score at nationals is close enough where internationally it could be considered a draw. and USFSA DID say they would consider other competitions as well and Ashley was the only US skater at the Grand Prix Final. Mirai has said it herself that she expects 2014 and not now...

i just felt so bad for ashley seeing her in the background as they interviewed Rachael....as soon as Mirai skated she just got this "aw crap" look on her face...

even though i'm a fan of sasha, i hope that the second spot doesn't go to sasha. It would be so unfair to mirai and ashley

Phoenix347

Final Flight
My heart also goes out for Ashley... so close... that fall in SP during the 3Lz did her in. I don't know if she will be around for Sochi. They should send her to World Championship, though. Maybe 4CC too.

Universal Sport started the rebroadcast. They're doing some fluff on Rachael.. for a change... maybe the new US champ deserves some fluff.

Iscariot

On the Ice
Two spots for Worlds, and I expect both Nagasu and Flatt to RSVP for that too. It's not close enough (like the pairs) to for the FED to split the ticket.

THE US should do the same as the japaneses federation althoug akiko finished second she will go to vancouver and 4CC and yukari instead will go to worlds(i hope) wit mao and miki
here probably they could put ashley in the world team?

Kissx3

Final Flight

Yeah it's kind of up in the air until they announce the team given their international results this year. Mirai has shown marked improvement towards the end of the season, though. I do hope Ashley gets to go to Worlds. It doesn't seem to be an objectionable decision given the scores and how much more special an Olympic spot is.

silversprings77

Rinkside
even though i'm a fan of sasha, i hope that the second spot doesn't go to sasha. It would be so unfair to mirai and ashley

based on the skates tonight and past results, the spot won't go to Sasha without a TON of controversy. she just looked deflated in her interview. she won a huge personal victory by just showing she could come back....but if she makes the team over any one of Rachael, Ashley, or Mirai...there will be a ton of questions.

feraina

Record Breaker
Protocols here:
http://www.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2010/64740/SEGM002.html

Mirai's DG'ed not only on the 3T, but also the 3T on the 2A-3T, and the solo 3Z. NBC didn't show a close shot of the 2A-3T, that could've been close on rotation; it's the hardest jumping pass in her program, after all. And the 3Z, I just don't remember.

I'm a little surprised that Rachael's 3F-3T didn't receive a downgrade -- it looked tight on landing, though the NBC camera missed the actual blade (very bad camera work all around).

I can't believe how close Rachael's PCS was to Mirai's! Rachael just looked so sloppy and flat... sorry, I just can't get excited about her skating.