Page 43 of 64 FirstFirst ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Championship Ladies FS

After watching this event, my very short conclusion is:

1. Rachael needs to work on flexibilty and musicality.

2. Mirai needs to work on full rotation of her jumps.

3. Christina Gao might just be the next Yuna Kim.

4. Caroline needs to sit back, rest, and think. Period.

5. It wasn't ideal, but at least Sasha Cohen tried, and for that, I respect her.

6. Congrats to Mirai and Rachael for making the team! Hope their first Olympics experience is a good one.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post

Lol, now I'm not so bummed about not getting Nationals tickets, instead my mind is on Olympic Mens Final tickets!

Quote Originally Posted by aftertherain View Post
    After watching this event, my very short conclusion is:

1. Rachael needs to work on flexibilty and musicality.

2. Mirai needs to work on full rotation of her jumps.

3. Caroline needs to sit back, rest, and think. Period.

4. It wasn't ideal, but at least Sasha Cohen tried, and for that, I respect her.

5. Congrats to Mirai and Rachael for making the team! Hope their first Olympics experience is a good one.
    ITA

Custom Title
    Because of the URs, Mirai didn't "deserve" first place, but she was thrilled to pieces to place 2nd! I sat directly across from the KnC, and when her score and placement were announced, she positively beamed! No way did she feel robbed.

I don't think for one minute that the USFS in some way fixed it for Rachael to win. Rachael EARNED her win by skating two great programs.

Custom Title
    So when are they going to announce World and 4CC Teams???

Is there still a chance that Ashley's Turin-bound :(

Custom Title
    Yep, now I see Mirai got all sorts of UR calls, exact same scenario at Cup of China, wherein I thought she deserved to win (lol, I was outraged in fact that she didn't), but in the end she ended up 5th place overall due to UR calls.

That said, though Rachael has been a fav of mine, it was Mirai who brought me a little joy tonight, which isn't saying much. Mirai has "IT"; Rachael doesn't, but sometimes there are flashes of brilliance (aka her SP).

But to tell the truth, I feel empty inside for Ladies, have for a loooooooong time in fact. Sometimes there are moments of brilliance (aka 2008 Nationals), but that's it. Nothing since then for me personally. Rather, it is the Men that have finally brought my true joy of skating back!

I really don't even care for any of the ladies, not just the USA ones, not even Yuna Kim, Mao Asada, Joannie Rochette, Caroline Kostner, Miki Ando, et al. To be brutally honest I don't. They do nothing for me. I honestly could care less who wins the Olympic Gold Medal.

The Men are the only ones I care about (lol, so ironic, but true).

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trewyn View Post
    So when are they going to announce World and 4CC Teams???

Is there still a chance that Ashley's Turin-bound :(
    I just watched the press conference with Rachael and Mirai and they also haven't decided on the alternates for the Olympic team. I wonder why? I can't imagine Ashley won't be an alternate. How many alternates are there, does any one know? I wonder if they are trying to decide if Sasha also deserves to be an alternate.

Custom Title
    The alternates for the ladies Oly team are 1. Wagner 2. Cohen 3. Gao.

Don't read too much into delays in announcements.

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nylynnr View Post
    The alternates for the ladies Oly team are 1. Wagner 2. Cohen 3. Gao.

Don't read too much into delays in announcements.

It was so much the delay in announcement. It was the fact that the u.s. figure skating president told reporters it hadn't been decided yet at all. But thanks for sharing! So, they were straight with that decision, too. Good.

Just watched the medals ceremony for the first time. Sasha smiled broadly the whole time and gave each of the medalists a hug. It must have been special for all three of them to get that hug from someone they admired so much growing up. Awwww.

Alternates to the 2010 World team: Ashley Wagner, Sasha Cohen and Beatrisa Liang

2010 Four Continents team: Amanda Dobbs, Alexe Gilles and Caroline Zhang - Alternates: Melissa Bulanhagui and Becky Bereswill

Quote Originally Posted by kandidy View Post
    Alternates to the 2010 World team: Ashley Wagner, Sasha Cohen and Beatrisa Liang

2010 Four Continents team: Amanda Dobbs, Alexe Gilles and Caroline Zhang - Alternates: Melissa Bulanhagui and Becky Bereswill
    I wonder why they didn't name Gao to the Four Continents team?

Custom Title

These posts are scary..

Reading these posts here is scaring the BEJESUS out of me about what is going to happen at the Olympics. Regular folks are not going to understand or agree about the placements after all is counted and placed because the scoring system is so hard to understand or agree, even for avid watchers! With all the UR's TCP and PCS or whatever. How one is placed vs. how one looked on TV..etc. As the Canadian IOC member Dick Pound said "the figure skating will be a nightmare event at the Olympics". I love watching figure skating but I fear this is going to finish off whatever is left of figure skating as an Olympic Sport. It will be reduced to a spectator sport/entertainment Blades on Ice or Dance with Starts on Ice.

PS: Rachel Flatt deserved her first place.. Mirai deserved it to go to the Olympics. Gao was awesome. Wagner is overrated so are Zhang, Liang. I don't know why Cohen came back for gold medal (don't tell me she came back for another National title and she already has an Olympic silver) and not give herself enough time (like she should have returned last season) to train and be competitive...why bother? Or did she think she was so good, she can do it which would make her incredibly stupid which she doesn't seem to be from her sophisticated interviews

Proud Sarah Hughes Fan
    Anybody know which ladies are going to Junior Worlds?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by cornell08 View Post
    Umm...Rachael is robotic. Hey, not taking away from her 483920482 AP classes. Good for her on that. But skating is skating, and her skating is robotic and lacking of beautiful lines/posture/positions whatsoever. Its like saying Caroline is flexible.
    Hey, her 483920482 AP classes will get her into Stanford, which ranks483920482 higher than that Ag school in Ithaca.

What is with all the backhand compliment about Rachael and her AP classes?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Layfan View Post
    Sorry, I guess I was speaking out of turn and I already acknowledged that you have never been rude about Sasha and I certainly didn't mean to imply that. I was talking about others. All I meant is that it's just as difficult for me to understand why people vilify Sasha as it is for you to understand how harsh people are being about Flatt.

That said, I think people have every right to criticize Flatt's skating. Sasha's too. Not being a skater, I've learned a lot about Sasha's weaknesses from reading her critics on this forum. I still love her, of course, but it's good to have a deeper understanding of her skating, too.
    It's not that hard to understand. Rachael Flatt is still a teenager. She can't even buy a pack of cigarrette. Sasha is an aging actress.
    The vitriol on Rachael Flatt is really uncalled for.

Page 43 of 64 FirstFirst ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast