Page 44 of 64 FirstFirst ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... LastLast

Thread: Championship Ladies FS

Custom Title
    I just finished watching it on HD, slomo all the jumps that I suspect would be close myself. Mirai flutzed, UR on the 2A-3T without slomo.

I couldn't catch the other 2 in real time, but after reading the official protocol, I went back and checked and yes, they are URed.

Mirai has a chronic problem with UR. Didn't she UR 3 times at Skate Canada? You can't fix something like that in a month.

Rachael is almost never dinged for UR. Her GOE is crappy for all her jumps. But someone once put up a chart of high spiral, high spin levels, etc... and Rachael always come out in the top tier. She just get them done, CoP style.

If the national event was judged by an international panel,

Rachael score would be slightly higher than her score at SA this year (120+)
    Mirai would be lucky to break 110. She hasn't all season long.
    Ashley would be in the low 100.

The final standing would still be the same with Rachael leading by a sizeable margin.

Rachael will make top 7 at the Olympics (after the asian gals, Joannie, Carolina if they are absolutely clean. She definitely has a chance of cracking the bronze.

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    It's not that hard to understand. Rachael Flatt is still a teenager. She can't even buy a pack of cigarrette. Sasha is an aging actress.
    The vitriol on Rachael Flatt is really uncalled for.
    As is the vitriol against Sasha. What has she ever done to you?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Layfan View Post
    As is the vitriol against Sasha. What has she ever done to you?
    When have I ever posted anything nasty about Sasha?

When have I ever posted anything nasty about Sasha?
    You're right. Anybody would liked to be called an aging actress. Especially a 25-year-old woman.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Layfan View Post
    You're right. Anybody would liked to be called an aging actress. Especially a 25-year-old woman.
    With Sasha, it wasn't a big deal because she's much older when the vitriol started. People are ripping a 17 yo girl who just won her national title, for god's sake.

That's the point.

With Sasha, it wasn't a big deal because she's much older when the vitriol started. People are ripping a 17 yo girl who just won her national title, for god's sake.

That's the point.
    Mmm. Yes, your logic is impeccable. When you're 25, let's see how much you like to be called "aging" and have people imply that it's no big deal to vilify you because you're old enough to buy a pack of cigarettes.
    Last edited by Layfan; 01-24-2010 at 04:38 AM.

Any videos?

Custom Title
    I felt bad for Sasha. She should have known better. But her beautiful skating is still unmatchable. I like Nagasu's skating better than any other current US ladies. (Can't say that I am a Nagasu fan.)

Have not seen any of this yet. I had my heart set on Sasha and Mirai for the Olympic team. Will have to find it on yt hopefully. I just do not enjoy Flatt's skating to be honest, no offence. Though as a Joannie fan i should be happy as i think Flatt is not in the same league as her.

Congratulations to the podium finishers and to Rachael and Mirai for making the team. All three, Racheal, Mirai and Ashley were on like megawatts and shined. To skate well under pressure like that is very important. Also I was impressed with Christine G. Alexe Giles and Amanda Dobbs, they all seem to be heading in the right direction with their skating. Sasha had a rough skate but pushed through it. I knew after she skated that she made to many mistakes to be in the top three or to make the team. But hey she skated a wonderful SP and it was great to see that.
    Last edited by demarinis5; 01-24-2010 at 08:06 AM.

Custom Title
    Anybody knows which ladies are going to 4CC?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    Thank you!

Ice Angel
    I feel so bad for Sasha too. Her long program is not that well structured. She did not use the same stratigy as her short program to attack the performance. Both she and her coach looked very tired before and during the long program.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by jesslily View Post
    I feel so bad for Sasha too. Her long program is not that well structured. She did not use the same stratigy as her short program to attack the performance. Both she and her coach looked very tired before and during the long program.
    IMO choosing moonlight sonata is a risk and it did not pay. Moonlight sonata was one of G and G's signature piece. Cohen front loaded her program and was losing pts there, not to mention her lack of speed in everything and her awful jumps

Page 44 of 64 FirstFirst ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... LastLast