Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Ice Dance Free Dance

Custom Title

Ice Dance Free Dance

Why is no one watching?? The first group is over and no one's commenting- I guess I will for a while, only I'm no expert.

Happy to report that Estonians Mallory/Rand set a new personal best and are leading the competition with 79.44 in FD and overall score of 155.93!

Custom Title
    Ukranians Beknazarova/Zuev

Not feeling their performance, unimpressive music choice. Looked slow to my untrained eye, especially the spins. Second step sequence was shaky, they looked tired and bored of this dance. Finish looking displeased.

I don't know, they didn't rock my boat.

FD Score: 79.45
    Overall Score: 162.82

Custom Title
    Russians Bobrova/Soloviev

Mistake on twizzles- out of sync and he couldn't grab hold of his blade, this won't go without punishment... Overall an OK attempt by the russians. Skated to a tacky operatic version of Albinonis Adagio, which in my book is a crime against a masterpiece, so... Maybe unobjective on my behalf- didn't like them.

And of course the JUDGES love them.

Free Dance Score: 84.90
    Overall Score: 171.26

You're not alone, I'm with you

My old and slow RAM don't allow any stream

Custom Title
    Hungarians Hoffmann/Zavozin

Dear god- hip-hop... With no lyrics it becomes so painfully obvious how simple and inferior to classical music it is... Ok here come the lyrics- Pussy Cat Dolls and some other blah... Again not an enjoyable program for yours truly, but the commentators say it was a clean skate with a clear message- everyone to the dance floor. Whatever...

Free Dance Score: 81.66

Overall Score: 163.21

Custom Title
    The French Carron/Jones

Oh my another Albinoni Adagio and the same Italian baritone-tenor duet (or quintet, can't tell)... Twizzles not clean. I can't stand the exaggerated vibratos the singers are doing! This is the kind of cover that puts ordinary people off opera... Oh! Nasty fall by Jones! Their done, she puts on a happy face. Lloyd is dead serious. They get a sympathy vote from me!

Free Dance Score: 79.71
    Overall Score: 159.52

Go KERRSSSSS!!!!!! Go Anna & Luca!!!!!

Thanks Hauteor, I keep reading

Custom Title
    I'm here too!!!
    and go kerrs go anna&luca!!!

Custom Title
    great!!! sinead & john's program is amazing!!! not perfect, small error in twizzles, but I loved that FD!!!

Custom Title
    Great Britain Kerr/Kerr

Interesting opening pose. Long-long intro to Linkin Park song. Ok, he's wearing torn jeans and a t-shirt, he's the rocker, but she's in angelic white- I don't quite get what story they're portraying. Really cool lift and great musical fit on a culmination. SHE LIFTS HIM!!?? Rad! Another beautiful lift. Not a clean skate though, the twizzles lost balance, even I saw that. But the commentators are pointing out their insecurity. But the lifts were very original and beautiful to watch. Deduction. Probably for holding the lift over the 12 second mark.

Free Dance Score: 90.24
    Overall Score: 184.05

Dedicated follower of the black line Wicked's Avatar
    Thanks for PBP, Hauteor. I'm at work but reading.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by hauteor View Post
    ... Ok, he's wearing torn jeans and a t-shirt, he's the rocker, but she's in angelic white- I don't quite get what story they're portraying.
    Apparently he's a weak man and she's an angle coming to save him

Custom Title
    Italians Cappellini/Lanotte

A gloomy theme... Don't think their appearance translates the story (if there is one)- a simple but interesting dress she's wearing, but the cut is more like a practice dress than a dramatic FD one, and what's up with the office dress code Lanotte is portraying? But they are a handsome couple, you got to love her perfect legs, but I don't like it when the stockings are semi-covering the boot- make up your mind, either you cover em' or you don't. A good performance, the commentators say it was flawless, didn't take my breath away, but what do I know...

Free Dance Score: 87.34
    Overall Score: 176.10

Custom Title
    actually, I loved also anna&luca...requiem for a dream is a completely different program from those they've skated in last years, but I find it also beautiful!!

Dedicated follower of the black line Wicked's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hauteor View Post
    Italians Cappellini/Lanotte
    A gloomy theme... Don't think their appearance translates the story (if there is one)-
    He's the addict, she's the drug- that's the story.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast