Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Ice Dance Free Dance

Their story is the reverse angle of Kerr's theme

Custom Title
    ISR Zaretsky/Zaretsky

Schindler's List... Must the music choice be so obvious...? Oh and their wearing black... Again... I didn't see their CD, maybe there was some colour there. I don't know if they were "tragic" enough, for my taste, to play out this painful jewish theme. I'm really subjective and some times it's not the technique that wins me over or puts me off but really silly little things, like with this couple it's her looks- the cropped ebony hair, I don't know... Oh and I had to switch between channels so I lost parts of the performance- but they skated good for themselves and didn't make any major errors so-

Free Dance Score: 84.36
    Overall Score: 174.91

Custom Title
    UKR Zadorozhniuk / Sergei Verbillo

Gosh I hope I spelled her name correctly. I don't know if I'm overly sensitive today or what but I'm not loving any of the music this evening (with the exception of Grieg's Peer Gynt and Roisin Murphy earlier). Why on earth is he wearing a dress over his pants?? His top is almost exactly what she's wearing only with pants... Why are Ukrainians skating to a french song? I get it if a song is outrageously well known but I personally haven't heard this, maybe it was well known in the early 80's when I wasn't born? I keep waiting for a jaw dropping performance, those exist in ice dance don't they? This couple was "ok" as you can tell from the marks:

Free Dance Score: 84.38
    Overall Score: 171.28

Dedicated follower of the black line Wicked's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hauteor View Post
    ISR Zaretsky/Zaretsky

Schindler's List... Must the music choice be so obvious...?
    They were strongly encouraged by their federation to choose music with a Jewish theme for their programs this season.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked View Post
    They were strongly encouraged by their federation to choose music with a Jewish theme for their programs this season.
    The OD is Israeli anyway, why push it.

Custom Title
    The French Carron/Jones

Oh my another Albinoni Adagio and the same Italian baritone-tenor duet (or quintet, can't tell)...
    Free Dance Score: 79.71
    Overall Score: 159.52

It is actually a Quartet. Haven't you heard of "Il Divo" ?? I have 3 CD's with them and saw them Live as well.

Dedicated follower of the black line Wicked's Avatar
    The OD is Israeli anyway, why push it.
    I agree with you, but their federation "encouraged" them to.

Custom Title
    Rus Domnina/Shabalin

Requiem for a dream... Why not throw in Bolero or Carmen while they're at it? In the last 1000 years so much beautiful classical music has been written and that which has survived and is still performed is the best of the best, the mediocre has been forgotten by time, and even this amount is too great to hear in its entirety in a single life time, even if you listen from age 5 non stop till you pass on at 90... So why oh why repeat these themes till your blue in the face?? It must be ignorance, not in a bad way- athletes work insane hours to get where they are and it's very rare for them to have sufficient knowledge in anything else but their sport. So hire musical consultants, say what style and story you want to skate to and they'll find it, don't look for music by browsing through what others have already done...

But the other piece they've bound the music with adds its originality- another tragic story on the ice. She's got blood all over her stockings, the costume is a variation on last years Spartacus slave dress.

The commentators notice the shaky twizzles. I found the lifts in this program uninspiring whereas last year I thought they were gorgeous. I don't think this was a golden performance.

Free Dance Score: 94.98
    Overall Score: 199.25

Custom Title
    I didn't like Dom/Shabs too...they were somehow slow and commentators were stating that maybe this program needs to be practised a bit more to become consistent...
    BTW, all Requiem for a dream...also pechalat-bourzat are skating over this...
    and I'm liking them and Anna&Luca much more than Dom/Shabs...

Custom Title
    Fra Pechalat/Bourzat

REQUIEM FOR A DREAM:banging: ???!!!! W...h...y....

Some unfortunate camera angles during the lifts, didn't get what they looked like. This time it's the male partner dripping in blood, not the leg but the face. Nice twizzles. I spoke too soon, not so good after all. Oh an unfortunate acrobatic attempt to lift him, both nearly tumble.

UNIMPRESSED. Last nights mens FS has ruined me...

(Oh, their coach is Zhulin, how lovely- I like him)

Free Dance Score: 92.07
    Overall Score: 188.51

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    I'm unable to watch this , but I'm really enjoying your reportage..do you think Requiem For A Dream can be retired for next year ?...I guess it will be too much to hope for junkies and bloodshed to be retired as well...

Custom Title
    beautiful fede&massi!!!!!

Custom Title
    ITA Faiella/Scali

Finally something different... Another bad camera angle, what's wrong with them?? All evening, screwed up half of the lift (for the tv viewers)- but I THINK it was lovely. Gorgeous entrance into lift position. And exit. Maybe my heart is beating so fast that they seem sort of slow, just me? Ooh she lifts him, cool! Bravissimo! Thank you!!!

It was like looking at a Monet painting after being forced to stare at a violent Pollock- a vacation...

Free Dance Score: 96.71
    Overall Score: 195.86

So we can all guess who gets gold... Not happy, that can't be the best of the best... At least not yet.

Custom Title
    so...Fede&massi first in both OD and FD, but the CD made the difference...oh, if only they had 4 points more...

Custom Title
    Jana and Sergei did a good job!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast