Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Ice Dance Free Dance

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    hmmmm.... makes me wish someone would post a split screen of those CD s on Youtube a la B/A and D/W ...

Dedicated follower of the black line Wicked's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kiz_4Ever View Post
    so...Fede&massi first in both OD and FD, but the CD made the difference...oh, if only they had 4 points more...
    I'm so bummed! So it's Domnina and Shabalin gold, Faiella and Scali silver, and Pechalat and Bourzat bronze? Were the Kerrs fourth?

Custom Title
    khoklova/novitski take bronze

Custom Title
    no, khoklova - novitski bronze (BTW the programm is not better than the costumes),
    pechalt-bourzat 4th
    kerrs 5th
    cappellini&lanotte 6th

russian fed made its good job :(

Custom Title
    Rus khohlova/Novitski

I love the Firebird theme together with Saint-Saens Aquarium. Musically the most entertaining and exhilarating, for most of the time- the rock version of the theme in the end is questionable. The most original and beautiful lifts of the night! Real happy to see this premiere of their new program, however I have to say that even I could tell that it was still very raw- the steps and twizzles were shaky and the flow of the elements was broken- they didn't course into each other, but I think once it's been practiced some more it will be quite a sight! Her costume isn't as bad as most would say but for me she looks too naked- this is FIREBIRD- she looks rather plucked, needs more coverage of feather-like details.

Free Dance Score: 93.21
    Overall Score: 189.67

Ladies and gentlemen- your bronze medalists.

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    K/N bronze...again, hmmmm.... C'mon Youtube.

Custom Title
    i wish i could understand what the commentators were saying about domnina-shabalin and the interview that they did afterwards.

Custom Title
    They won by winning the CD???

Custom Title
    DomShab said in their interview that they were extremely disappointed by their performance. She looked like someone had taken away all she held dear to her heart. Maxim at least found the will to say that at the very least this performance is a step forward from the Russian nationals. So those of you who think it's unjust for them to get gold- they agree.

Interview with the italians- Faiella is holding back her tears of joy, barely. They're very pleased with the silver.

Custom Title
    thank you so much hauteor!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by viv View Post
    They won by winning the CD???
    yes.
    better I no comment more..

Dedicated follower of the black line Wicked's Avatar
    Hauteor, your commentary has been really terrific!

Custom Title
    Ugh i just looked at the CD scores again, im just

Did anyone catch what Jana & Sergei had to say about Max & Oksana in their interview?
    Last edited by mystichaze; 01-22-2010 at 03:27 PM.

Go marry the quad if you love it so much DesertRoad's Avatar
    I really don't understand how F/S got a lower PCS score than D/S. Forget the final placement, that bit is just befuddling. F/S skated a program with higher difficulty (as reflected by their TES), with much more smoothness and speed, and the PCS is lower than D/S? What the hell?

Custom Title
    Thanks to everyone who took the time to read my thoughts

And some final thoughts- really lovely flower bouquets for the winners third night in a row. So far none of the russian winners have been singing along to their national anthem (not that the Estonians did to theirs at the opening, choir nation my but), strange they hear it enough, don't they know the lyrics? Or maybe they've heard it too often and don't care... I don't know, I'd sing my heart out or at least lip-sync.

Lovelies impression of the evening- Kristjan Rand and Caitlin Mallory with their heartfelt portrayal of Peer Gynt's and Solveig's love story, so lyrical and expressive- a bright future for our young Estonian ice dancers!

P.S. Interview with KhohNov- they said they were overall happy and considered the premiere a success. When asked what mistakes they made she thought there weren't any major ones just that the program was obviously not as confident as they would have liked. He said he was disappointed because obviously this wasn't a performance that would have them regain gold, when asked if it was possible to beat DomShab they said they've done it before and they'll do it again.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast