Ice Dance Free Dance | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Ice Dance Free Dance

figuristka

Medalist
D/S poor OD, and only getting about 94 in the Free i think even with the highest CD they cannot hold on to the lead even if they upgrade their OD and Freedance alittle. If V/M or D/W are not rewarded for their difficulty it would hurt ice dance even more.

dancemaster

On the Ice
interesting comments made by
Sonia Bianchetti regarding Europeans
In ice dancing the results are amazing. Domina/Shabalin won the gold medal although they were only second both in the original dance and the free skating. Faiella/Scali were really excellent in the free dance, with unbelievable deep edges and a great passion in their skating. The third place to the Russian couple, Khokhlova/Novitski, is really a mystery to me, and not only to me. I found their skating, their program and their costumes just terrible! The TV commentator said it can only be explained by their nationality.

aves

Spectator
points gained in European Championships 2010

I noticed something really awful about the points gained in European Champioships: in the ISU Communication 1562 you can read that “ the 16 best-placed couples only shall qualify for the final Free Dance in the European Figure Skating Champioships”. In the past years only qualified couples could gain points for the world standings.
How does it come that now couples that id not qualify for the final free dance and therefore placed themselves after the 16th place are gaining points? ( Kira Geil/Dmitri Matsjuk, Kamila Hajkova/David Vincour, Allison Reed/Otar Japaridze, Nikola Visnona/Lukas Csolley, Katelyn Good/Nikolaj Sorensen, Federica Testa/Christopher Mior, Nikki Georgiadis/Graham Hockley, ksana Klimova Sasha Palomaki).
How is it possible that couples that did not finish the competition could earn points?
Maybe there is a mistake and the point have been attributed to the 24 best placed couples like it was in the past years where the 24 best placed couples qualified for the free dance. Points this year should be given only to the 16 best placed couples.

How can be put in the same classification couples that finished a competition and couples that didn't?
Does anybody know something about this?

viv

On the Ice
.... The third place to the Russian couple, Khokhlova/Novitski, is really a mystery to me, and not only to me. I found their skating, their program and their costumes just terrible! The TV commentator said it can only be explained by their nationality.

Well, the German Eurosport commentator said that K&Ns performance was the best of the evening except F&S, and that he loves her dress which fits the "Firebird"-theme very well. I agree.
So maybe your comment can only be explained by your nationality? :sheesh:

dancemaster

On the Ice
Well, the German Eurosport commentator said that K&Ns performance was the best of the evening except F&S, and that he loves her dress which fits the "Firebird"-theme very well. I agree.
So maybe your comment can only be explained by your nationality? :sheesh:
ITS NOT MY COMMENT
SO WHAT IS MY NATIONALITY...

dancemaster

interesting comments made by
Sonia Bianchetti regarding Europeans
In ice dancing the results are amazing. Domina/Shabalin won the gold medal although they were only second both in the original dance and the free skating. Faiella/Scali were really excellent in the free dance, with unbelievable deep edges and a great passion in their skating. The third place to the Russian couple, Khokhlova/Novitski, is really a mystery to me, and not only to me. I found their skating, their program and their costumes just terrible! The TV commentator said it can only be explained by their nationality.