Ice Dance Free Dance | Golden Skate

Ice Dance Free Dance

hauteor

On the Ice
Why is no one watching?? The first group is over and no one's commenting- I guess I will for a while, only I'm no expert.

Happy to report that Estonians Mallory/Rand set a new personal best and are leading the competition with 79.44 in FD and overall score of 155.93!

hauteor

On the Ice
Ukranians Beknazarova/Zuev

Not feeling their performance, unimpressive music choice. Looked slow to my untrained eye, especially the spins. Second step sequence was shaky, they looked tired and bored of this dance. Finish looking displeased.

I don't know, they didn't rock my boat.

FD Score: 79.45
Overall Score: 162.82

hauteor

On the Ice
Russians Bobrova/Soloviev

Mistake on twizzles- out of sync and he couldn't grab hold of his blade, this won't go without punishment... Overall an OK attempt by the russians. Skated to a tacky operatic version of Albinonis Adagio, which in my book is a crime against a masterpiece, so... Maybe unobjective on my behalf- didn't like them.

And of course the JUDGES love them.

Free Dance Score: 84.90
Overall Score: 171.26

Ituriel

On the Ice
You're not alone, I'm with you :agree:

My old and slow RAM don't allow any stream

hauteor

On the Ice
Hungarians Hoffmann/Zavozin

Dear god- hip-hop... With no lyrics it becomes so painfully obvious how simple and inferior to classical music it is... Ok here come the lyrics- Pussy Cat Dolls and some other blah... Again not an enjoyable program for yours truly, but the commentators say it was a clean skate with a clear message- everyone to the dance floor. Whatever...

Free Dance Score: 81.66

Overall Score: 163.21

hauteor

On the Ice
The French Carron/Jones

Oh my another Albinoni Adagio and the same Italian baritone-tenor duet (or quintet, can't tell)... Twizzles not clean. I can't stand the exaggerated vibratos the singers are doing! This is the kind of cover that puts ordinary people off opera... Oh! Nasty fall by Jones! Their done, she puts on a happy face. Lloyd is dead serious. They get a sympathy vote from me!

Free Dance Score: 79.71
Overall Score: 159.52

kiz_4Ever

On the Ice
great!!! sinead & john's program is amazing!!! not perfect, small error in twizzles, but I loved that FD!!!

hauteor

On the Ice
Great Britain Kerr/Kerr

Interesting opening pose. Long-long intro to Linkin Park song. Ok, he's wearing torn jeans and a t-shirt, he's the rocker, but she's in angelic white- I don't quite get what story they're portraying. Really cool lift and great musical fit on a culmination. SHE LIFTS HIM!!?? Rad! Another beautiful lift. Not a clean skate though, the twizzles lost balance, even I saw that. But the commentators are pointing out their insecurity. But the lifts were very original and beautiful to watch. Deduction. Probably for holding the lift over the 12 second mark.

Free Dance Score: 90.24
Overall Score: 184.05

hauteor

On the Ice
Italians Cappellini/Lanotte

A gloomy theme... Don't think their appearance translates the story (if there is one)- a simple but interesting dress she's wearing, but the cut is more like a practice dress than a dramatic FD one, and what's up with the office dress code Lanotte is portraying? But they are a handsome couple, you got to love her perfect legs, but I don't like it when the stockings are semi-covering the boot- make up your mind, either you cover em' or you don't. A good performance, the commentators say it was flawless, didn't take my breath away, but what do I know...

Free Dance Score: 87.34
Overall Score: 176.10

kiz_4Ever

On the Ice
actually, I loved also anna&luca...requiem for a dream is a completely different program from those they've skated in last years, but I find it also beautiful!!

hauteor

On the Ice
ISR Zaretsky/Zaretsky

Schindler's List... Must the music choice be so obvious...? Oh and their wearing black... Again... I didn't see their CD, maybe there was some colour there. I don't know if they were "tragic" enough, for my taste, to play out this painful jewish theme. I'm really subjective and some times it's not the technique that wins me over or puts me off but really silly little things, like with this couple it's her looks- the cropped ebony hair, I don't know... Oh and I had to switch between channels so I lost parts of the performance- but they skated good for themselves and didn't make any major errors so-

Free Dance Score: 84.36
Overall Score: 174.91

hauteor

On the Ice
UKR Zadorozhniuk / Sergei Verbillo

Gosh I hope I spelled her name correctly. I don't know if I'm overly sensitive today or what but I'm not loving any of the music this evening (with the exception of Grieg's Peer Gynt and Roisin Murphy earlier). Why on earth is he wearing a dress over his pants?? His top is almost exactly what she's wearing only with pants... Why are Ukrainians skating to a french song? I get it if a song is outrageously well known but I personally haven't heard this, maybe it was well known in the early 80's when I wasn't born? I keep waiting for a jaw dropping performance, those exist in ice dance don't they? This couple was "ok" as you can tell from the marks:

Free Dance Score: 84.38
Overall Score: 171.28

Wicked

Final Flight
ISR Zaretsky/Zaretsky

Schindler's List... Must the music choice be so obvious...?

They were strongly encouraged by their federation to choose music with a Jewish theme for their programs this season.