Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Thread: Ladies Free Skate

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Not event Slutskaya? Two world championships is nothing to scoff at.
    I never got the Sluttyone. Overrated in my honest opinion.

Medalist
    I feel ambigious about the Laura's medal. Of course I'm happy about it because I'm Finn myself. But I do agree she did not deserve it. I am also fan of Sarah and also I think she was underestimated.

I am not an expert, just a fun from a little girl. But in my opinion the old system had it's weaknesses, but so does the new one. Skatersare trying to get levels in everything, jumps are not so important than they used be, I think they should. Jumping is still the most injured area. In my opinion skaters who are able to do all triples clean should be rewarded more than they do now. And If someone does all the different triples, scores should be higher than those who repeat the same ones. And it still seems to be the final group get higher scores than skaters before.

Medalist
    I just saw interview of Laura in the morning tv. She feels 2-fold herself and I-ve undestood she herself thinks she is lucky to medal because so many ladies failed. She seems to be little suprised of the points of the free herself, too.

End subjectivity,reduce PCS, fix the COP! schiele's Avatar
    Well, it was written all over her face even in the k&S when the marks came up. She suspiciously raised her eyebrows and looked suprised when she saw her rank.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    The only thing this competition really told me is that the European ladies have no chance of being on the podium at Olympics.

I wish Elene Gedevanishvili had lived up to her early promise. Her SP at 2006 Olympics will always be how I choose to remember her. It's too bad that her skating went downhill.

I wish she at least tried to be competitive. Her LP layout makes no sense to me - she plans 1 Lutz, 2 Salchows, and 2 Toeloops??? She can do so much more than that. She used to land Triple Flip all the time (she gets an edge call, I know, but even still) and she did Triple Loop at Junior Worlds last year. She should be going for a 7-Triple LP.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18