Ladies Free Skate | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Ladies Free Skate

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Maybe this is the wrong thread to ask but can we watch the US ladies anywhere online from here in europe? I could not watch the Canadian Nationals as it was blocked outside Canada so had to wait.

I haven't tried but see this thread post 23. If I am awake I will search for TVU player, channel 79538 "NBC 4", thanks to bigsisjiejie.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
I'm thrilled for Caro, who has had such an awful year coming in and had been written off by just about everyone. She obviously wasn't perfect today, but the important thing for her is that she never gave up on the performance, and I hope that will give her the confidence she needs for the Olympics. I still think she can contend for a medal. This win obviously meant a lot to her and her interview afterward was wonderful. :clap:

Elene - I'm not sure any bronze medalist this year, at any event, could have been happier! Good for her. Looking at the other bronze medalists at Euros, we have two 2009 champions (Joubert and K/N) the 2009 bronze medalists (M/T), and the girl who couldn't even make it into the LP last year - and that with a large field, not the new version. Yes, the standard isn't too high for Euro ladies, but still - what a great comeback. :rock:

Someone asked about the gala - it's tomorrow afternoon.

kiz_4Ever

On the Ice
about the loop...she was used to take it from a sequence of 3step (don't know the exact name in english, sorry) and now she has completely change this entrance...

about PCS, !, and levels: she's stronger than all these trick!!!:biggrin:
BTW, hope the Olys will be judged better;)

janetfan

Match Penalty
I'm thrilled for Caro, who has had such an awful year coming in and had been written off by just about everyone. She obviously wasn't perfect today, but the important thing for her is that she never gave up on the performance, and I hope that will give her the confidence she needs for the Olympics. I still think she can contend for a medal. This win obviously meant a lot to her and her interview afterward was wonderful. :clap:

Elene - I'm not sure any bronze medalist this year, at any event, could have been happier! Good for her. Looking at the other bronze medalists at Euros, we have two 2009 champions (Joubert and K/N) the 2009 bronze medalists (M/T), and the girl who couldn't even make it into the LP last year - and that with a large field, not the new version. Yes, the standard isn't too high for Euro ladies, but still - what a great comeback. :rock:

Someone asked about the gala - it's tomorrow afternoon.

I hope to be able to see the Gala tomorrow. I enjoyed the Euro Ladies and despite a few falls I thought the skating was enjoyable.

It was great to see Caro skating so well and then fighting for that program. I was disappointed that Laura didn't skate better - but still find her such a pleasure to watch and think she moves across the ice with so much grace.

I wish them all good luck in Vancouver.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
I can't believe Elene medaled- the cheapest bronze I ever did see in my life- the least graceful person on ice in the 101 years the EU Championships have been held. Ugly costume, ugly music and ugly mistakes. I can't believe there was no lady better to kick this one off the podium- I'm mortified, even more so considering the spectacle the Georgian president and his wife have been making of themselves in the Estonian capital- spending like crazy while 75% of their nation are unemployed and giving outrageous anti-russian lectures in our universities. No grace or class on any of their behalf. I am so disappointed she got bronze!

Go ahead, tear me to bits- I DON'T care...

Hauteor, don't let your politic opinions spill on Elene. For me Elene is a joy to watch. She has had problems, not welcome to train in Russia, right? I am glad she has found her place in Hackensack with R Wagner, who actually was in Tallin. (Doesn't she have US ladies to company in Spokane, like many other US coaches that didn't go to Tallin?) Elene looked very happy and sweet in k&c :clap:

janetfan

Match Penalty
Hauteor, don't let your politic opinions spill on Elene. For me Elene is a joy to watch. She has had problems, not welcome to train in Russia, right? I am glad she has found her place in Hackensack with R Wagner, who actually was in Tallin. (Doesn't she have US ladies to company in Spokane, like many other US coaches that didn't go to Tallin?) Elene looked very happy and sweet in k&c :clap:

Geez - I was happy for Elene and thought she could have won Silver. :yes:

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
And so was I, I liked her attack and fierceness and she had she highest TES, so it's not that she was hugely gifted into the bronze spot. If anything it was too close between her and Kira. I loved her ending pose.

You know what, Janetfan, we are on a roll of agreeing, let's keep it up :biggrin:

Add me to the chorus. I thought Elene should have had the silver also.

janetfan

Match Penalty
And so was I, I liked her attack and fierceness and she had she highest TES, so it's not that she was hugely gifted into the bronze spot. If anything it was too close between her and Kira. I loved her ending pose.

You know what, Janetfan, we are on a roll of agreeing, let's keep it up :biggrin:

Give Jenny the credit for agreeing with me twice last week. :cool: :laugh:

All this talk about Euro Ladies missing a few jumps is OK but - hello, did anyone watch the guys? It's not like they were all perfect :p

ETA: tonight will be USA Ladies and I expect more than a fair share of splats :)

Last edited:

SXTN

Final Flight
about the loop...she was used to take it from a sequence of 3step (don't know the exact name in english, sorry) and now she has completely change this entrance...

about PCS, !, and levels: she's stronger than all these trick!!!:biggrin:
BTW, hope the Olys will be judged better;)

the question is why they changed it??? it seemed to work for her out of the turns.. and now she also telegraphs the loop which she didn't do before...

figuristka

Medalist
I haven't tried but see this thread post 23. If I am awake I will search for TVU player, channel 79538 "NBC 4", thanks to bigsisjiejie.

Thanks , don't know anything about TVU but will ask hubby, i hate downloading things i never use or don't know about. Will check it out though.

Layfan

Record Breaker
There must be some rift in the time/space continuum :laugh:

I'm actually more satiesfied with the Euro Ladies than with the Men. :)

And impressive that they did 3-3s. At first when I watched Carolina's SP, t thought, wow, that was awesome but is it any better than Mirai's SP? Then I got to musing about Mirai's medaling chances and wondering whether, if she makes it the Olympics she could be as much a medal threat as Caro. But Caro's 3-3 does give her an edge. I wish more of the U.S. women did 3-3s.

sisinka

Medalist
What do you mean nothing more?
She is dazzling and so graceful. :love:
Even her falls are good ;) :biggrin:

She is gracefull skater and her persentation is very good. But this is ladies competition not dance competition. Jumps should be there as well.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Please beam me up K - this board is getting much too calm! :)

I don't expect that to last very long. Wait until tonight if Sasha's flaws get overlooked again and if her scores are inflated again like in the SP and she ends up bumping off Mirai, Rachael, or Ashley for the top 2.

janetfan

Match Penalty
Sorry, you are on an important away mission and have to remain where you are. :biggrin:

Don't let anyone know that you are from the future trying to rectify what cop did to skating.

:biggrin:

It's true , but I am on an important quest seeking to find the most perfect peanut butter in the galaxy.

But before I forget, congratulations to Frank Carroll for his skater winning the EURO championship ;) :clap: :clap:

I am sure Jenny and Buttercup will raise a glass of wine and toast Carroll's latest success. :laugh:

Kinga

Medalist
Add me to the chorus. I thought Elene should have had the silver also.
And I partially agree with hauteor. It was a very strange competition, it was hard to award medals, except of gold. I did not enjoy Elene's program much, she was not very graceful, but fierce. I would have Meier 2nd (considering that she was robbed in SP) and Elene 3rd, Korpi and Lepisto 4th. It is almost ridiculous that Sarah gets dumped into 6th place in PCS..

I think Robin Wagner was suspended by USFSA, therefore she cannot have any US students.

ankka

Rinkside
Maybe I am biased, being a Finn and all, but I don't think Elene was robbed. After all, she did win Laura on today's marks but Laura's spins and spirals were of high quality, as well as steps. And her edges and performance were very good. If you compare these two skaters' jumps the difference wasn't that huge after all. I think Laura does deserve her high second mark and when comparing Laura's and Carolina's transitions, Laura's were more varied.

Also, I think people should stop blaming the judges for absolutely everything. Like, why WOULD they give any gifts to Finns (as the case seems to be here)? It makes no sense as the judges weren't from Finland and I bet they have more knowledge than any of us on this forum...

But it's such a shame Laura didn't deliver her jumps. She is capable of doing them, you could just see her getting so cautious with them after the good beginning. Oh dear.

Anyway, LOVED to see Kostner skating well and Elene on third! :)

Last edited:

raress

On the Ice
I know that you are from Finland but lets be realistic ,i know that Laura have a great tehnique but today She missed almost all of the jumps ,the 3-3 was super but the rest sucks ,and when did the Pcs of Laura grown so much?at Gpf she recive more lower scores this is a mistery!She miss all her double axels:))) I know that Estonia is you neighbor , but this is ridiculous!
Sorry for you but for me Kiira is better than Laura!:laugh:
PS:Last year as i said Caro was supose to win that spin wich was no count was ace from sleeve!!

Last edited: