Ladies Free Skate | Page 12 | Golden Skate

Ladies Free Skate

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Yeah, I'm fine with Lepisto's silver, and fine with it being based on PCS. Her jumps weren't there, true, and she got docked for that. But her spins and spirals were of the highest caliber (her first spin was a beauty), and she just has beautiful command of the ice, and that comes across even with a flawed skate.

ankka

Rinkside
I know that you are from Finland but lets be realistic ,i now that Laura have a great tehnique but today She missed almost all of the jumps ,the 3-3 was super but the rest sucks ,and when did the Pcs of Laura grown so much?at Gpf she recive more lower scores this is a mistery! I know that Estonia is you neighbor , but this is ridiculous!
Sorry for you but for me Kiira is better than Laura!:laugh:

When it comes to GPs all of the skaters' PCS were higher here. And Laura did recieve almost the same amount of PCS points last year at Euros and Worlds. And she has improved her skating skills and transitions this year.

And yes, Estonia is our neighbour but we are not exactly the closest two countries politically speaking...

raress

On the Ice
When it comes to GPs all of the skaters' PCS were higher here. And Laura did recieve almost the same amount of PCS points last year at Euros and Worlds. And she has improved her skating skills and transitions this year.

And yes, Estonia is our neighbour but we are not exactly the closest two countries politically speaking...
How i said i like Kiira more that Laura,because she have all the jumps and up Laura won the Ec Kiira was the first lady in Finland !!

Last edited:

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
How i said i like Kiira more that Laura,because she have all the jumps and up Laura won the Ec Kiira was the first lady in Finland !!

Laura has a more complex choreography and she stayed in character all through the programme even as the jumps did not go as planned. Kiira skated her freeskate the way I expected from her. I´m very happy for Elene´s bronze medal, she deserved it rather than Kiira.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
So excited for Carolina and Elene! Headcases can rock too :laugh:. But seriously, Elene's 3-3-2 was awesome :rock: and Caro was just gorgeous :love: . Laura was over marked and did a lot of doubles as usual but she is still a lovely skater!

Too bad for the Russians, I was hoping they would do better here. Oh well, save it for the Olympics Alena and Ksenia!

ankka

Rinkside
Oh dear. The ever so lovely Finnish press has just proven it's high quality (not). All the major magazines and TV news keep saying how "Finnish ladies failed", "Laura still didn't deliver" and blah blah blah. It's always the same thing. It seems that nothing is ever good enough. Of course, they both could have done a lot better but still... At least a silver medal isn't exactly a horrible failure. It must be horrible for all the sportsmen to deal with this kind of a pressure. Even last year, when Laura won, all the reporters kept on asking why she had those errors in her program...

And Iltalehti went as far as to say how badly even Carolina skated and still she wasn't beaten. Sometimes I truly feel ashamed for my country's reporters, I really do.

reynycpr

On the Ice
Well I am generally happy with the Euro competition for the Ladies. Although we did not see any blow out LPs, I was still pleased with the level that Ladies are competing at this stage (considering the season some have had).

Some great things, Some not so great: (3/3's everywhere by the way, some good, some...well....)

*Lepisto: A+ for being able to do two 3/3 in comp. (Even though it was hand down in the SP), but a shame that the salchow was the most difficult triple she landed (3loop was UR), while others above her and below her at least managed to rotated/land a Flip and/or a Lutz, but I guess that's why she has the 9th lowest TES.

*Leonova: Like Lepisto, at least she got the 3/3 in the air; too bad her struggles continued with it. But now her (f)Lutz seems to be giving her more problems than before. I still think she skates a little junior(ish) to be a serious contender for a Olympic medal or World Medal but shes one of the Euro ladies that if skates clean she will have the Judges PCS marks in her back pocket.

*Meier: What a fighter. I know she has struggled the past couple of seasons with injuries and so on, but I am happy shes is still around and working hard. I also agree with those who believe that she should have been higher. Hopefully she could throw the 3F back in the SP. Definitely top 8 potential at the OG, IMO.

*Korpii: A little bit disappointed she couldn't hold on to a medal but great to see she added the 3F back into her routine, but a couple of downgrades on the 3T and the 2A/2T cost her the silver pretty much. If she can go clean, most likely will have the help of her PCS score from the judges to help to a possible Top 5-6 at the OG.

*Elene: Say what you may about this young lady, but I like her. Definitely seems like a "show" skater...probably prefers more to draw energy from the crowd (which will bodes well for her in the Olympic setting) rather than concentrate, dig deep and focus. She may not have the polish and the lines of some of the others (yet), but still, its nice to see her do well. That 3T+3T+2T combo helped her out a lot (9.5). Looks like Wagner is a good fit for her. Definitely the surprise of the competition for me, well, behind Carolina...

*Kostner: One of my favorite skaters still around today. Great to see the 3F/3T back in action along with the 3Lutz:rock: (probably the bigger surprise for me). Happy that she was able to *some what* keep it together. She said she had fun at Euros and was able to relax and enjoy her skates. Maybe that will help her at the OG, no pressure this time, compared to 2006 when she was the reigning world medalist and skated on home turf. (So careful Joannie...it can happen):disapp:

Over all, it was a great competition.
The Olympics should be great! One of the first Olympics where I think (along with receiving a medal), finishing in the top 10 should be quite an honor considering the talent pool heading into the Olympics. And to think, the U.S. Nationals for Ladies hasn't even finished yet.

The count down begins...4CC next up. :clap:

Last edited:

raress

On the Ice
Sorry about the things I've said about Laura's PCS , I just watch the program again and now I rely sow that she improve so much on her interpretation ,and her choreography was good too , she is a rely expressive skater !!But as i said the jump are her worse part!!:)

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
After the exciting and generally high quality short programmes today free skate was a major disappointment.

Glad to see Caroline back to some kind of form, not perfect but a long was ahead of the competition today. She will need to up the performance if she is going to be hunt for an olympic medal, but it is certainly not beyond her.

IMO Lepisto was way overmarked, no way did she deserve a score of 100+, very little jumping content, some of the much lower girls were exceeding that level of performance. Her PCS were maybe a little to high but her TES was totally overmarked.

Elene G, I'm glad she has got a medal after all her troubles in the last few years but again she not have scored over 100. You would never think that she was skating to Carmen, similar to the short performance to Fever the choreography was poor.

Korpi again I would think over marked - like Lepisto nice to watch but poor technically. Leonova was very disappointing, not a huge fan of her skating, but you have to admire her fight and determination. She is probably under a lot of pressure from the Russian Fed.

My favourite performances would have been Meier, Makarova and Juila S. I would love to see Juila S put in a great performance in Vancouver, the height of her jumps is something else, but does throw in a few doubles here and there.